This Is The Way You Introduce A New Video Card

HardOCP News

[H] News
Over the last decade, we've seen a lot of product launch videos and, to be brutally honest, most of them aren't very good. Personally, I think that this is the way you should do it. Slick yet simple, more info - less fluff. Most importantly, make sure your product can back up the claims made in the video. (FYI, our coverage can be found here: Radeon HD 7970 evaluation and Radeon HD 7970 overclocking review). Your thoughts?

Good overall...maybe a tad over the top, but I agree, pretty slick. :cool:

I did not like the delay between the paper launch and actual product launch. Then again, I did not like the extreme delay from early Q3 when the cards should have launched. Also unhappy with the price point, at $449-$499 I would most likely have bought 3 rather than 2 cards.

The video seems very TRON inspired, but in that movie red lines was the villains' color. I do note that the video does not go into great detail about the 7970's cross fire drivers, which is probably a good thing.

The review itself was appropriately comprehensive but it would have been better. (Yes, I know that this was done because of a lack of time due to the paper launch and the holidays.) It also could have used a nice big red disclaimer on every page that the MDT came with a significant factory overclock because many people on this forum were incapable of remembering that fact when looking at the frame rate comparisons.. Repetition might have driven the point home.

I saw Crossfire there.......

I think they should make sure it works first.:eek:

Using the voice-over:

"In a world where two GPU giants clash for visual supremacy, AMD has claimed victory by releasing the fastest single GPU known to man."

I did not like the delay between the paper launch and actual product launch. Then again, I did not like the extreme delay from early Q3 when the cards should have launched. Also unhappy with the price point, at $449-$499 I would most likely have bought 3 rather than 2 cards.

The video seems very TRON inspired, but in that movie red lines was the villains' color. I do note that the video does not go into great detail about the 7970's cross fire drivers, which is probably a good thing.

The review itself was appropriately comprehensive but it would have been better. (Yes, I know that this was done because of a lack of time due to the paper launch and the holidays.) It also could have used a nice big red disclaimer on every page that the MDT came with a significant factory overclock because many people on this forum were incapable of remembering that fact when looking at the frame rate comparisons.. Repetition might have driven the point home.

I'm not really sure what any of this other than your middle paragraph has to do with the video AT ALL.

*Disclaimer*
This video was make on a dual Xeon system with a nVidia Quadro video card.

Just poking fun here, no need for anyone to get upset.

Did you not get two full scoops in your raison bran this morning? Someone sure seems negative.

man, I saw the video and was laughing and thinking, "damn, I want some of that Cambodian yellow ranger" Then the video got hyper retarded

Cool video. They (the industry) need to advertise more PC stuff this way. Gain some market back from the f***ing consoles.

Was it Lance Hendrickson who did the voice-over for AvP?

They need him on this video and it would be perfect.:Dexcept fpr the Crossfire and EyeFinity part.....fix yo drivers,yo.

every company does paper launches, intel, AMD, Nvidia. honestly you can't say AMD's paper launch was that long, look at Nvidia and their 6 month long paper launch with the 400 series. ok sure it wasn't a true paper launch but they crammed every little thing about fermi down peoples throats without giving any real information until the very last day before allowing reviewers to post their articles. btw Q3 was always a rumor around the enthusiast community based on past history of AMD releasing new cards in october and was never really confirmed by AMD.

me personally i like the longer paper launches. it gives people time to look over all the information so they are making an informative purchase and not an impulse purchase because the card is releasing the next day or that same day.

you can argue the price all you want but the price is correct. again like i've been saying since day one of its release. if you are not happy about the price take it up with Nvidia and its AIB's for refusing to drop the price on the GTX 580 3GB. they are the reason the 7970 is priced the way it is. if the GTX 580 3GB had been under 500 dollars the 7970 would of been under 500 dollars.

Cool video. They (the industry) need to advertise more PC stuff this way. Gain some market back from the f***ing consoles.

agree, i think Intel needs to take notes from this advertisement from AMD because their commercials are god awful. i don't want to effing see a bunch of people in clean suits and business clothes doing your stupid theme sound. i want to see hard facts about the crap you are selling.

Dude! WTF was that! The next time you post something like that, god kills a kitten.

if thats the case i hope he posts a few million times more, lol.. :D

This video is AMD's way of saying, To all Radeon PC gamers around the World, from the bottom of our Hearts we thank you for
making us the most popular video card manufacturer that really caters to your hi end gaming needs and giving us the hi rated
unbiased reviews as compared to our tech site bribing competitor.

.. "THIS IS THE WAY GAMES MUST BE PLAYED!"

-

I like the Tron-like effects, and red is so much my color, and it's simple and to the point. Great video.

Now, about those drivers of yours AMD... if you can make them work as awesome as this video I'd be sold.

They should have allocated the money for this commercial to hiring some less crappy graphics card driver writer/developers.

Despite the obvious Crossfire issues being talked about lately, this vid made me want to buy FOUR of them.

I'm just saying, it was super effective.

Thus, if they could fix the drivers and Crossfire issues like they make youtube video ads, it'd be a win win.

Back