MSI Launches Military Class Inspired Interceptor Series Cases

HardOCP News

[H] News
MSI, the world’s premiere computer hardware and systems manufacturer, today announces a new line of computer cases aimed at PC enthusiasts that will be exclusively distributed by Pro-Com Products in North America. The Interceptor Series is designed to meet the rigorous demands of overclockers and gamers, yet provides extensive functionality and flexibility for everyday users. Two models will premiere in the black steel ATX mid tower designs – the Nighthawk and the Raptor.

Key features of MSI’s new Interceptor series include:
  • Advanced Thermal Air Flow for superior cooling and maximized ventilation with ball-bearing and LED fans; supports additional cooling options for safe, reliable operation of high performance components.
  • Tool-less drive bay and expansion setup allows users to quickly and easily upgrade their PC.
  • 3-Year Warranty for longevity akin to existing MSI Military Class series of products.

Both models boast seven (7) expansion slots, making them ideal for multi-GPU settings and accommodate high end graphics cards up to 12.2in/310mm in length. An Included USB 3.0 port and pre-installed 12-in-1 front panel card reader provides quick access to all popular storage formats.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like the case section is up/functional yet..

Yeah, it's stupid to do a paper launch for something like a case without even providing any pictures.

Hey guys,
Unfortunately because we are launching the cases at CES, we needed to get the PR out. We've been waiting on our HQ to upload the page, but due to their travel, it may not have gotten out in time. We'll be sending out the media kit very soon and so pics should be up.

Thanks for your patience! We have a lot of great products in store for this year and your feedback is going to help us improve.

Not sure what that is about: Again?

Hardocp is blocking the link: Search Bing! for Interceptor Series...

Last edited:
Not a super fan of the styling. Then again, many people don't like the styling of my case.

I /really/ don't like the lack of cable routing holes in the mobo tray.

Well, those are the first two versions we brought in and they are targeting the 59.99 and 79.99 price points. we have spoken to a lot of media guys and customers to find that not EVERYONE absolutely needs the behind the tray management style, but we did include cable clips. At this price point, it's not too bad considering we're able to get in USB 3.0, high quality fans, and the card reader.

However, I am a builder that absolutely needs cable management for clean builds, and so we have two new models we will be showcasing at CES (Predator and Stealth) that will include full cable management on par with what you'll be looking for. We'll have these pictures sent out later this week. Thanks for your feedback!

Thanks for the posts Rkoth, love seeing enthusiasts direct from the company like yourself posting amongst us :D

Yeah that is really great that you have the time to post here and speak with the public directly. +pts on that.

But yeah, that tower is definitely not my cup of tea. To each their own with the styling, but some cable management options would have been nice. While I understand that no everyone cares for the cable mangement stuff, its hard to justify not having them when other cases at similar costs offer that and more.

High quality fans are nice, but the money spent on the card reader could have gone elsewhere. I don't know how many people have/use card readers anymore who don't ALREADY have them in their cases.

Well these clearly can't be enthusiast class cases. LOL, I mean nobody would have the balls to bring out an enthusiast class case without cable management. So I have to assume that "not everybody" means non enthusiast. But I would like to see what the other 2 cases look like though.

Awesome. MSI Products have always been reliable for me. Hopefully the expansion into this market will be as Reliable and successful as there others.

Unless these come free with the purchase of an MSI motherboard I'm not sure what the big deal is..

Styling is horrid.
No cable routing holes in mb tray...Hmmm..

They look pretty good for the price but I'll wait for better interior pics to make a verdict

they look like a good deal to me, mostly due to the fan mounting options as well as the USB3.0 port and memory card reader additions.

Wow, I kinda expected better? Why would they come out with something that looks and possible performs averagely. I am disappointed. I like MSI stuff usually.

As mentioned, this is just our first two cases of many to come. I think case preference is always going to be subjective due to different styles and tastes. We showed these at CES and got great feedback.

Previewing some of the newer cases got even more excitement from some modders from the community as well, so we'll work closely to provide designs that can cover all bases.

Thanks for your feedback guys - I can always expect the blunt responses from the [H] community and it will only help us get better.

if you guys really want to stick with the "military class" theme, make something that's stark and minimal yet structurally very sound. You could differentiate the cases by making them slightly wider than normal with more cable routing options behind the MB tray and vents on top to mount radiators.

I guess this is one way to go about it, but considering how good the twin frozr coolers are it's a shame to not see these at least seem above average.

Any idea of the MSI Ravager can take a 240mm rad like the corsair H100?

I guess it's nice if you want to have all MSI branded products. I wasn't to impressed. I saw it at Microcenter and my brother thought the front mesh was a speaker and was like... Wow it has a speaker in front lol.

Yeah msi trying to expand out of their comfort zone.
I hate msi's customer service. Took me 2 calls and email to get my motherboard back after rma.
Took 17 days after they received it. Think they forgot about it.

I'm glad somebody besides Soldam Windy figured out you can use other colors besides white/black/grey (and on a rare occasion red) on the interior of a case. I really like the blue on the Stealth and Ravager interiors.

Back