Looking for 23" 1920x1080 display

Tup3x

[H]ard|Gawd
I currently have Acer H223HQEbmid which is 1920x1080 resolution 21.5" screen. I've been pretty happy with it but the AG coating is really grainy (in my opinion it's much worse than in Fujitsu P24W-6 IPS for example - which has acceptable coating in my opinion) which makes whites look dirty and screen a bit dull.

However, the good this is that it does 75Hz through DVI and HDMI without skipping frames. You can also clearly distinguish all black boxes from Lagom test site and black to white gradient is completely smooth. Same goes to white saturation. Though, those dark colours aren't that accurate due to dithering and they look no where near as good as on that Fujitsu (but still).

But now to the point. I want something a bit bigger, 24" is tiny bit too large but 23" would be sweet spot (I don't want DPI to go too low). The thing is that the monitor will have to support 75Hz or better. 60Hz just doesn't feel as smooth as 75Hz any more. Viewing angles aren't that important (as long as they are not worse than in my current monitor).

I use my computer for pretty much everything (photo editing, coding, Cubase, programming, web stuff) but gaming is the main priority. I kinda need to find best compromise monitor, which should be upgrade to what I currently have.

To summarize what I need:

• 1920x1080.
  • 23"
  • >=75Hz support.
  • Gaming is main thing but I care about image quality.
  • Super wide viewing angles aren't that important.
  • Height adjustment and tilt (H223HQ stand is really poor).

I'm open to suggestions, I'm not going to rush into getting one.

Last edited:
Does not meet requirements. It does not look like it has height asjustment, it is probably slower than what I have and specs say that it supports only 60Hz.

Also, I forgot to mention that I want to keep the price below 400 €, preferrably around 300 €.

I purchased the S232Hl 23" LED ACER its a 2ms Response time, and is very vibrant and bright. HDMI/DVI and VGA, no built in speakers, Hasa good Tilt, but no height adjustment. Its so lightweight any mount/desk arm can be used to correct for height adjustments. Really like the monitor, had a S231HlBiD for a few weeks, then returned it to get this model for HDMI and the lower response time. Plus it was onsale at $159 vs the $179 for the S231.

I just do gaming on my PC, my mac is for school/internet browsing, picture/photo editing.

Lack of height adjustment is a problem in addition to the fact that they don't sell that here in Finland. To be honest, 2ms isn't that important factor to me. My current monitor had rather noticeable reverse ghosting which in my opinion is worse than just normal blurring.

I noticed that Fujitsu recently released P23T-6P IPS display. It basically has everything I need but I don't know about 75Hz support... I also wonder what's the difference between that and P23T-6 IPS.

NEC EA231WMi is the only monitor that is 23", does 75hz at 1080p and has height adjust. Otherwise get a monitor arm for the Acer if it has VESA mounting holes.

Unfortunately it's end-of-life and difficult to find.

Last edited:
Just picked up a Asus VH238H 23" LED monitor. Great monitor - the colors are really vibrant. It's fairly bright so you will have to tone down the brightness and contrast. Also going through some sort of color calibration software can go a long way.

Just picked up a Asus VH238H 23" LED monitor. Great monitor - the colors are really vibrant. It's fairly bright so you will have to tone down the brightness and contrast. Also going through some sort of color calibration software can go a long way.

try:

Standard
color profile: NORMAL
contrast: 70
brightness: 90

and tell me if is awesome!!!

I currently have Acer H223HQEbmid which is 1920x1080 resolution 21.5" screen. I've been pretty happy with it but the AG coating is really grainy (in my opinion it's much worse than in Fujitsu P24W-6 IPS for example - which has acceptable coating in my opinion) which makes whites look dirty and screen a bit dull.

However, the good this is that it does 75Hz through DVI and HDMI without skipping frames. You can also clearly distinguish all black boxes from Lagom test site and black to white gradient is completely smooth. Same goes to white saturation. Though, those dark colours aren't that accurate due to dithering and they look no where near as good as on that Fujitsu (but still).

But now to the point. I want something a bit bigger, 24" is tiny bit too large but 23" would be sweet spot (I don't want DPI to go too low). The thing is that the monitor will have to support 75Hz or better. 60Hz just doesn't feel as smooth as 75Hz any more. Viewing angles aren't that important (as long as they are not worse than in my current monitor).

I use my computer for pretty much everything (photo editing, coding, Cubase, programming, web stuff) but gaming is the main priority. I kinda need to find best compromise monitor, which should be upgrade to what I currently have.

To summarize what I need:

• 1920x1080.
  • 23"
  • >=75Hz support.
  • Gaming is main thing but I care about image quality.
  • Super wide viewing angles aren't that important.
  • Height adjustment and tilt (H223HQ stand is really poor).

I'm open to suggestions, I'm not going to rush into getting one.

s23a950d or s23a700d is you monitor.

I have been looking a bit about that Asus. It is glossy, which is both good and bad thing... In terms of size how 24" 1080p screen would compare to 24" 16:10 screen? That BenQ costs quite a bit more than Asus. Any idea how those two would compare?

Annoying. Samaung monitors do not have VESA mount option. It wiukd have been an option to buy stand for monitor.

Fast VA something display that supports >=75Hz and has light AG coating would be awesome.

Damn... I guess that I just have to wait. There just are not enough good fast displays available. Benq looks interesting but there are not enough reviews and user opinions.

I actually made my decision. I ended up ordering Fujitsu P23T-6P IPS. If the AG is similar to Fujitsu P24W-6 IPS it'll be just fine in my opinion. If I can't get >60Hz working then I'll just learn to live without it. No matter how fluid the screen but if it looks pants it would be useless.

Three years warrant, good stand, >1000:1 contrast ratio and ISO9241-307 (Pixel fault class I) is a huge plus.

Have you looked at the Alienware aw2310?

1920x1080
height adjustable and tilt
matte screen
120hz

colors are nice too

Back