Are You the Typical ‘Mr. Android’?

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Do you wear T-Shirts, use your phone to play games, have a significant other, wear jeans or have average length hair? If so, you are well on your way to being profiled as a typical Android user based on a survey done by BlueStacks. Sound like the typical smartphone user to you? Well it is, since almost half of all smartphones in the US are Android based, so it’s no big surprise.

A new infographic from BlueStacks pulled data from Nielsen as well as poll responses from its 145,000 Facebook fans to create a picture of the average male Android user in 2011.

The average android user sounds like the average 18-25 year old. Amazing!
It's not that uninteresting. It means Android is pretty much universal. If the survey was done towards iOS users, you would see flannel shirts, using your phone to tweet, be forever alone, wear skinny jeans or have a mustache.:D

It's not that uninteresting. It means Android is pretty much universal. If the survey was done towards iOS users, you would see flannel shirts, using your phone to tweet, be forever alone, wear skinny jeans or have a mustache.:D

wait wait wait, you think that ios users are more likely to be forever alone than android users? Step back from the pipe there gandolf

wait wait wait, you think that ios users are more likely to be forever alone than android users? Step back from the pipe there gandolf

Well, he probably didn't continue with the usual stereotypes (jobless/low paying jobs/"blogging" as a job/Starbucks aficionado/art student) for your argument...but then again, iOS users would then say Android users just can't afford to have Apple products (lol...as if it was expensive).

Well, he probably didn't continue with the usual stereotypes (jobless/low paying jobs/"blogging" as a job/Starbucks aficionado/art student) for your argument...but then again, iOS users would then say Android users just can't afford to have Apple products (lol...as if it was expensive).

There's that, and the 13-15 year old that wants "that new white iphone" to "you know, do stuff with it". :D

.... really? According to that chart I fall into the 30%.

So is this what the iOS infographic will show?:

hipster.jpg

Pointless without a random sampling to find the average Facebook and smartphone user and compare. Of course, this assumes that Facebook is an accurate representation of the general public, smartphone users, and Android users.

Any stats on gender proportion of ownership? I have a feeling that female ownership of iOS is higher.

I use Android, am married, but I wear Polo's or Henley's, slacks, and have a buzz cut so short, I look almost bald. I use my phone mostly for making phone calls, texting, posting on [H], and only occasional gaming.

I use Android, am married, but I wear Polo's or Henley's, slacks, and have a buzz cut so short, I look almost bald. I use my phone mostly for making phone calls, texting, posting on [H], and only occasional gaming.

wait, these things can make calls!? :eek:

t h i s c h a n g e s e v e r y t h i n g

you sound like a very sad and bitter person. I truly feel sorry for you, really.

Hmm.

I am an iPhone user.

Wear T-Shirts: Occasionally but rarely. Usually polos, buttondowns or sweaters.

Use your phone to play games: Nope. Never. Never even tried to play a game on my phone. I've seen some of the phone games. They all would bore me to tears. I mostly do email, (personal and work) web browsing and maps.

have a significant other: Yep, Happily married for 6 months now

wear jeans: Nope. I don't even own a pair of jeans. Haven't worn a pair since the mid 90s. I only wear slacks and khakis.

have average length hair: Not sure what average length hair is. Mine is probably about 2 to 2.5" long.

I've had the original iPhone, the iPhone 3g, and now have the iPhone 4. This will be my last iPhone though. I've always been a reluctant iPhone owner. I got the first one when there really wasn't any good competition or phones with good browsers. When I got the 3G, Android was out, but it still wasn't sleek enough of a browsing experience. I have never liked Apple products, and I really chafe under the "Apple will control everything about the user experience". I've jailbroken mine, but its not an ideal solution.

The 4 was probably a mistake. I should have gotten an Android instead, but I fell for the "you get an upgrade 4 months before your contract expires" and I didn't like any of the Android phones that AT&T was offering. I am currently eligible for an upgrade, but I am waiting until June when its up. At that time I'm getting an Android through Verizon.

I'm hoping there will be something like the Galaxy Nexus but with a Nvidia Tegra 3 chip when I am ready to get one in June.

I guess I will be just as atypical of an Android user as I have been an iPhone user.

you sound like a very sad and bitter person. I truly feel sorry for you, really.

I merely stated the usual stereotypes that go around this forum that he didn't state which would address your common argument. The fact that you're unable to read it in context (as well as taking it lightly here) in addition to the prior comment lacking grammatical and spelling capabilities (Oh ya, you definitely weren't angry writing that)leads me to believe you're dense individual to say the least.

But of course, I'm a sad and bitter person according to you with no true context to base your asinine assumption on. Not the person who took a joking comment to heart as if it was the dearest thing to him.

Some folks need to take things a bit less seriously. They're just phones... hardly worth this ish.

I'm neither Android nor iOS (mostly anyway), so what does that make me?

So if that's an Android user, then what are other phone users like? Do they not play games, not wear t-shirts, not have a significant other, do not wear jeans and don't have average length hair? :p

fck.

I'm 44. 2x divorced. My current girlfriend for the last 4 years is 17 years younger than me. I race a Miata and drift an AE86... the daily driver is a 2010 Titan. The other car payment is a 2011 WRX sedan. I am an MCTS and hold a few CompTIA pluses. I wear khaki non pleat because I have to wear long pants, else I'd wear shorts. I wear Adiadas Superstars in a brown suede daily. Off the clock, It's usually white on black superstars. I keep 3 pair in boxes so my shoes are always fresh. I wear a collared shirt, again, because I have to.

I own two homes and have 2 new car payments.

I wouldnt use an apple anything.

I use an HTC Evo 4g Shift.

Lets see the DEMO on this...

fck.

I'm 44. 2x divorced. My current girlfriend for the last 4 years is 17 years younger than me. I race a Miata and drift an AE86... the daily driver is a 2010 Titan. The other car payment is a 2011 WRX sedan.

*snip*

I use an HTC Evo 4g Shift.

Lets see the DEMO on this...

The study also showed that dudes who race cars tended to chose the HTC "evo" "shift" due the terminology used.

So Android = old fucks, iOS = skinny pants & some vans? :D

Damn, I read the article and it totally just described me..

About iOS users, I was going to say they all dress like Steve Jobs. du-du-chi Thanks everyone, remember the 9:00 show is different from the 7:30 show so please come again.

Back