NZXT Phantom Case

HardOCP News

[H] News
If you are building a system for your girlfriend/wife/sister, check out this review of the pink and black NZXT Phantom case at Overclockers Club.

After getting all my hardware in there I truly like the way it looks. The pink is very different from any case I’ve ever owned and will probably remain one of the most unique cases I’ll ever own. But like I said, if you have that special someone you are still trying to introduce to gaming…if she loves pink this might be for her – but don’t forget, not all of us girls LOVE pink (urban legend).

Wife loves hers:

Hell, I love hers, it's so roomy! And tons of places to hide cables and s***! :)

I should note that the only thing I hate is the power button on the top. I've bumped it easily a few times and whoops, here comes a shutdown. The wife was displeased each time. :p

I wish the "x-color is for x-gender" nonsense would go away. You think pink is the "girl color" now, but up until World War II, pink was actually considered the boy color, because it was closer to a masculine red. By contrast, pale blue was considered gentle and feminine. Historians aren't even sure how they got switched around. In short, these gender prejudices are just the transient whims of society.

Anyway, I have this case. For personal reasons, I associate pink with heroism, freedom, and nobility of spirit, and I am very pleased with it.

It's ok to be Takei

It does look kinda cool all dressed up -- kinda like a pink Storm Trooper.

I wish the "x-color is for x-gender" nonsense would go away. You think pink is the "girl color" now, but up until World War II, pink was actually considered the boy color, because it was closer to a masculine red. By contrast, pale blue was considered gentle and feminine. Historians aren't even sure how they got switched around. In short, these gender prejudices are just the transient whims of society.

Anyway, I have this case. For personal reasons, I associate pink with heroism, freedom, and nobility of spirit, and I am very pleased with it.

Shit just got serious. :)

Where were you 7 months ago, pink Phantom?! I'd been looking for a pink case for my first build and couldn't find one suitable for what I'd liked to do. I finally gave up and bought the black and white Corsair Graphite Series 600T, only to receive it and realize that I was an idiot for not paying attention to how it's dimension's would translate into 3-dimensional space(I could no longer fit my chair under my desk). I ended up with a functional but IMHO ugly Cooler Master HAF 912.The Phantom is my least favorite shade of pink; I prefer magenta or fuschia. However, everyone that makes pink products seems to choose that shade because of the Susan G.Komen organization, regardless of whether or not they actually bother to donate a portion of their profits. Anyway, I got all hyped up over their initial announcement, which ended up being an April Fool's joke. Haha! Pink is only for girls! Only girls like pink! And people who like pink don't buy computatoes! Herpty derp! This, after they'd been on a spree of releasing several versions of this case where the only difference was *gasp* color. It shouldn't be that big of a deal amongst people who are picky enough to have a favorite color in the first place.

All ranting and moral indignation aside, I'd probably take one if I could get it for free.

Back