Verizon's Network Suffers Third Outage This Month

HardOCP News

[H] News
It looks like Verizon might have to change those commercials claiming to be the nation's "most reliable wireless network." :D

The outage is the third such one for Verizon this month. The company's 4G LTE network had an outage on December 6, leaving customers across the U.S. with intermittent access to 4G data. That particular problem was fixed in a day and a half. A second outage occurred last week, with customers having trouble connecting to both Verizon's 4G and 3G networks.

I bought into their 4G service because it was $10 cheaper than the 3G version I was using. There is no 4G service anywhere I travel so it defaults to 3G and even that has had consistent problems they can't find to fix.

4G/3G doesn't appear to have been ready for prime time. At least for places other than the big populations centers. I don't know about them.

I was wondering why I couldn't get on 4G yesterday. Of course it was when I really needed it.

I have FOOD and service there is fucking excellent, I signed up for 25/25 and get around 45/40. It was the correct speed for a couple days then mysteriously spiked up and has been pegged there since.

My cell service on the other hand has just been getting shittier... I used to stream Pandora in my car but now it cuts out a lot. Can't even hold a reliable stream when I'm out running with clear sky... Thank fuck I'm grandfathered into unlimited everything. Any more expensive and it would be fucking retarded.

I lost all my data yesterday, was furious, thought Verizon was dicking with me since I've rolled over 3 gigs on the month already (I'm unlimited). Couldn't search or anything to find out what was going on till I got home and my phone rolled over onto my WiFi. I have 4g turned off for now, there's no point, I get maybe 1 bar of it everywhere I go, and 2 bars at work. 4g never flips to 3g when it loses signal, I just lose data.

Other than all the network bullshit, still loving my GNex.

This month has definitely been aggravating, but my two years with VZW still completely outshine my time with ATT and T-always-fucking-roaming-Mobile.

Mmmm, the outages may be due to copper thieves. There isn't much that they can do about it when some idiot climbs partway up a tower and cuts the transmission line. Some of them are dumb enough to cut 22.5 KW FM transmitter transmission lines :rolleyes: That can get explosive :eek:

And now I hear they want to charge $2 if you pay your bill online or by phone.

Back