Drinking Makes You Shop More Online?

HardOCP News

[H] News
Drinking makes you spend more money online? Quick, everyone get drunk and then click this link! :D

Chris Tansey, an accountant in Australia, went shopping online after drinking late one night (to be precise, it was well into the morning). By the end of the session, he had bought a $10,000 motorcycle tour of New Zealand. “The hang-ups of spending your hard-earned cash are so far removed from your life when you’ve had a bottle of wine,” Mr. Tansey said in an e-mail.

80% of my internet purchases are under the influence. I never regret them, though. Luckily, I research the fuck out of anything I want to buy for months in advance, nothing is an impusle buy.

Here's another shocker: drinking causes people to send e-mails and texts they wind up regretting. :p

I can attest to buying shit when I'm drunk. That's where 75% of my online purchases come from.

I wonder how many drunk people buy more alcohol when drunk when they run out and then get pissed when it doesn't show up instantly? :D

Chalk this up to another reason I don't get drunk. I spend enough of my money sober.

really? i don't drink much but when i do, i'm out with friends, not at home on my computer.

Yep. It's the reason why drinking is encouraged at the annual charity auction at the highschool I attended. They tried it without alcohol involved one year and revenue form the event dropped dramatically.

Well duh! Amazon should send me liquor store gift certificates for every $100 I spend on there...

This truly does surprise me, lol.
The only thing I've ever spent money on while drunk is more booze...

This explains nearly my entire adult life....

Don't drink & browse.

Except on holidays.

Ex: See a red VW, sun comes up, Christmas, New Year, etc.

One bottle of wine? He was just looking for an excuse at that point. :rolleyes:

Here's another shocker: drinking causes people to send e-mails and texts they wind up regretting. :p

Just a warning to everybody - if you are drunk searching for a female on facebook, make sure you type it in the search form, NOT the "what's on your mind" form. That can make for an awkward moment :D

Just a warning to everybody - if you are drunk searching for a female on facebook, make sure you type it in the search form, NOT the "what's on your mind" form. That can make for an awkward moment :D
LOL, I've almost done that a couple times! Those 2 input bars are so close together. Thankfully, I double checked before hitting Enter. BTW, it'd be even more awkward if you put a guy's name in that form. :eek:

This is why wives are good, smack your hand away from your wallet whenever alcohol appears. :D

the B&H Photo link is broken.

I shop there a lot, and I'm drunk, you should fix it.

I only drink when going out with friends. I spend enough online as it is. Interesingly enough, its only on electronics.

Back