Netflix Lags in Customer Satisfaction Survey

HardOCP News

[H] News
The results of a new survey puts Netflix near the bottom of the list in terms of customer satisfaction. On the flip side of things, TigerDirect gets kudos for being the biggest gainer on the list.

Netflix saw the biggest decline in customer satisfaction in ForSee's most-recent survey after the company tried to raise prices and split its DVD and video-streaming services. The plan was scrapped after customers defected. "Netflix totally misread its customer base and is paying the price, damaging its brand among both consumers and investors," said Larry Freed, chief executive officer of ForSee.

Who contacts Netflix? Seriously, unless you have a billing issues, what the purpose of contacting Netflix or having a "customer service rating" for them. Everything involving a Netflix account can be managed online. The only reason Netflix dropped on their list is because people rated them poorly for increasing their prices. Other than increasing their prices unexpectedly and without justification, their customer service remains the same.

On a side note, I found it hilarious that Netflix failed to include a "Increase in Price" option for a reason of cancellation when I canceled my account in September.

I always thought Netflix CS was amazing. I am not referring to having to contact them either, what other company notifies you that there was a problem, and gives you rebates without having to ask for them?

I think this was all over decisions made this year that we all didn't like.

Wouldn't you contact them if they charged you during the free trial? How about a double charge one month?

There are quite a few scenarios where someone might need to contact Netflix customer support.

TigerDirect can most definitely go fuck itself. Also I dropped Netflix right when teh price hike happened, I wonder if they want my survey...

Who contacts Netflix? Seriously, unless you have a billing issues, what the purpose of contacting Netflix or having a "customer service rating" for them. Everything involving a Netflix account can be managed online. The only reason Netflix dropped on their list is because people rated them poorly for increasing their prices. Other than increasing their prices unexpectedly and without justification, their customer service remains the same.

It's a customer satisfaction survey, not a customer service survey.

With that said, there customer service would get shit reviews from me. I use to buy Netflix gift certificates for some family members. They advertised the certificates as for service for a given duration, but when they jacked the price up, that 6 month gift certificate suddenly was only good for 4 months. Worse yet, since that left a partial amount on the certificate, if you wanted to use the last few dollars on the certificate, the only way you could do so was by paying with a credit card. Even if you added another gift certificate, it wouldn't take effect until the following month. Netflix can go take a flying fuck at a rolling donut for all I care.

I've stuck with Netflix through the price hike, it's still a lot cheaper than constantly buying/downloading TVs and movies even if the selection isn't there and you have to wait a month for new releases. I mean yea now I can only get 1 DVD for the price of 2, but for the convenience, I'll keep it.

When I've had scratched discs and craziness, they ship one to you instantly and don't have to wait to send back the broken one. I've had no problems with streaming or quality, and have been very happy. I think there was one time where it didn't work and that their services were down, but I have Hulu Plus as well to fall back on.

Although Hastings is probably my vote for one of the worst CEOs of the year. The whole price increase/possible split to two companies thing was handled horribly.

Of course they are on the bottom of customer satisfaction. First a botched price increase, then the whole split-plan fiasco. They also advertise unlimited streaming - then you sign up and find out that there is nothing good to stream. Then they selectively choose which movies actually stream in HD.

When we upgraded from 6MB to 12MB dsl (not many options here) - I fired up the roku to watch some HD netflix. First I fired up Tron 2. Hmmm... that's strange, the roku is only getting 4 bars (not HD). So I go back to the description and I see that HD isn't even available for it. WTH. Next I tried Star Trek (the new movie) - same situation. What is the point? Many of the TV shows and movies (like Iron Man 2) are available in HD. Why can't they do all of them?

For the record, I've never had to call customer service - but the few times that we had a problem with a disc they were very easy to work with.

They should split the customer satisfaction survey in 2, one about Netflix, one about Reed Hastings...
Go Daddy would also have a low index, if their customers were polled, seeing that they lost 70K domains in a few days.
And I'll add to that Bitdefender, whose "2012" release of their antivirus software was the most botched ever. See all the disappointed people in their forum.

Ehh, still liking it. Netflix + Hulu Plus...I can find something to watch between the two of them.

Netflix is far from perfect, but there's not really a better service out there unfortunately, and there won't be for the foreseeable future. Netflix didn't raise the prices just for the hell of it, they did it because the movie/TV studios want more money.

I suspect a lot of the people who cancelled Netflix weren't watching a lot of movies anyway, and the price change just made them realize they don't actually use it. There's not really a better deal out there.

Netflix is far from perfect, but there's not really a better service out there unfortunately, and there won't be for the foreseeable future. Netflix didn't raise the prices just for the hell of it, they did it because the movie/TV studios want more money.

I suspect a lot of the people who cancelled Netflix weren't watching a lot of movies anyway, and the price change just made them realize they don't actually use it. There's not really a better deal out there.

Agreed....I think the whole price hike is way over reacted on. Between Netflix and Hulu+ on my 360, its a great alternative and way cheaper than cable and I get all the content I watch minus HBO and Showtime and I am perfectly fine waiting for the Blu Rays to release for that content.

Of course they are on the bottom of customer satisfaction. First a botched price increase, then the whole split-plan fiasco. They also advertise unlimited streaming - then you sign up and find out that there is nothing good to stream. Then they selectively choose which movies actually stream in HD.

When we upgraded from 6MB to 12MB dsl (not many options here) - I fired up the roku to watch some HD netflix. First I fired up Tron 2. Hmmm... that's strange, the roku is only getting 4 bars (not HD). So I go back to the description and I see that HD isn't even available for it. WTH. Next I tried Star Trek (the new movie) - same situation. What is the point? Many of the TV shows and movies (like Iron Man 2) are available in HD. Why can't they do all of them?

For the record, I've never had to call customer service - but the few times that we had a problem with a disc they were very easy to work with.

Netflix does not selectively decide what is in HD, the content providers do. If you can't find anything good to stream then I have NFC what could please you.

Back