Firing up FO3 and NV again, mods?

Proxy

Pumpkin Ghost
Hey guys. I am firing up FO3 and NV again, I love the FO games. The first time through I really didn't do any modding. They are both the Steam version of the game (not like it should matter much), and wanted to know some really good mods to try out. I am really looking for a nice HD mod or something. I saw a SS of FO3 somewhere; it was running a mod that made it look like Crysis in terms of graphics. So something like that would be cool. Thanks!

Well the best visual FO3 mod is NMC's Texture Pack. Massive bunch of higher rez textures. There are other mods to improve other visuals as well, but that is the one that makes the most difference.

Does need a heavy hitting computer and can cause crashes if you aren't careful though.

You need to make sure you have the 4gb patch if you run texture mods, it is more system memory dependent.

The alternative texture pack is Ojo Bueno, some people combine the two.

There are mods that make it look better but not to Crysis levels, you can't "hack" everything in. For better shaders try http://www.newvegasnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=34868, it is the biggest performance hit out of all the graphics mods though.

I would start with fallout 3, there are some really top notch mature mods that really make it a great game. Here are the mods that I usually use.

FWE (Fallout Wanderer's Edition)
MMM (Mart's Mutent Mod)
EVE (Energy Visuals Enhanced)
NMC's texture pack
Project Beauty HD
WMK (Weapon Mod Kits)
FPS style grenade hotkey
Fellout and less darker nights for fellout
GNR More where that came from
Dc Interiors

Already lots of great recommendations.

Get Fook for both games.

Project Nevada for Vegas.

A World of Pain for Vegas...easily top DLC quality here. This guy should get paid.

DarnifiedUI for both games otherwise MTUI is fairly respectable on Vegas as well.

ElectroCity on Vegas is great. Classic Weapons, WMX, WME all for Vegas. If Fallout 3 has them, too, get them.

CRL9000 for both games. Fallout HD Audio Overhaul. Any kind of enhanced weather, night, sky mods for both games...

Last edited:
I'm going to have to disagree with you on fook. I really liked fook 1.6, it was a great mod. In 2.0 they just added too much shit and never really got around to polishing it or balancing everything. In that time FWE really matured and its super easy to configure it on the fly however you like. Thats just my opinion though.

I'm going to have to disagree with you on fook. I really liked fook 1.6, it was a great mod. In 2.0 they just added too much shit and never really got around to polishing it or balancing everything.

http://www.fookunity.com/forum/

Their forum is kind of quiet but they're cool folks there and I know they'd appreciate feedback and suggestions.

In that time FWE really matured and its super easy to configure it on the fly however you like. Thats just my opinion though.

Supposedly you can't use FWE and Fook at the same time because there's some compatibility issue somewhere. True or false? If you can use both that'd be great.

Oh I see. Piscian makes this thread it's "fuck off fish". Proxy makes this thread. "everybaddie get in this!"

Fine bookmarking this thread!

Oh I see. Piscian makes this thread it's "fuck off fish". Proxy makes this thread. "everybaddie get in this!"

Fine bookmarking this thread!

Huh? And thanks for all of the suggestions guys! I already have been running MTUI on FO:NV. I will get it for Fo3 as well.

There is one mod called "Complete" that you want to install. But that's for STALKER so you would have to buy that first..

:p

Back