Swype Gets a New Beta, Adopts Dragon Dictation

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Look, either you love or hate Swype -- there's just no two ways about it. Those that can't imagine life without the gesture-based virtual keyboard will probably only fall deeper in amour with it when greeted with the latest beta. Eagle-eyed observers might notice the microphone key in that image above has been replaced with a tiny flame logo that should be familiar to any fan of Nuance's voice-to-text apps. Swype now has Dragon Dictation baked right in -- a development we could have guessed was coming after the October buy out.

I LOVE swype on my Samsung Galaxy Continuum. I wonder if I can update it with this software or if this is just for new phones?

swype is amazing. it is just one of the many reasons why I think Android trumps iOS

There's a Swype keyboard available for my Samsung Series 7 Slate, that screen might be too big to work well with it. For quick stuff it's ok but for longer text input without on keyboard I still think the pen is superior. Indeed when you write in cursive the principle is similar to Swype in that you never lift the pen when writing a word.

I love swype, but I have to agree with heatlesssun, it works far better on smaller virtual keyboards. Even turning my Atrix to landscape mode it seems to lose some of the uncanny accuracy it provides in portrait orientation (more letters get swyped through the middle since the keyboard gets expanded more horizontally than vertically).

I love Swype on my Galaxy S2.

Definitely. I also have a Galaxy S2 Epic. Maybe our opinions are biased because Swype was integrated specifically for the phone, but I could not imagine typing on a touch screen without it.

Had to use Titanium Backup to remove Swype from my Galaxy SII Skyrocket to install this.......it is ok I guess.

Dragon Naturally is very accurate once trained. Never used Swype, but I gotta admit, I laughed at the commercial. Ninja thumb is awesome :)

I love swype, but I have to agree with heatlesssun, it works far better on smaller virtual keyboards. Even turning my Atrix to landscape mode it seems to lose some of the uncanny accuracy it provides in portrait orientation (more letters get swyped through the middle since the keyboard gets expanded more horizontally than vertically).

Why would you turn it to landscape then? o.o

swype is amazing. it is just one of the many reasons why I think Android trumps iOS
Ditto that. I enjoy Swyping on my Motorola Droid 3. :cool: I'm looking forward to an update and hope the ICS (Android 4.0) update on my phone,whenever it comes out, will have the new Swype baked in.

i find the latest update to be a buggy mess compared to previous beta updates.

biggest fault lies in the app just NOT WORKING...right that is.

since the last beta, i am having the hardest time just using it.

i swype my word, and previous to this beta, it would just work, i go on to the next word and the next- i LOVE this app...but this beta, i swype the word i want....and nothing. the line is there, the word appears on the suggestion list....yet the word does not go into my message..

then i have to close the message app, reopen the app, do the sentence again,.,,it works,,,until i have to do the NEXT sentence then it is rinse and repeat, close message app, reopen, do a sentence....

have not tried the diction aspect.

Back