Fable III $12.49
Pendula Studios Adventure Pack $12.49
Orc Must Die! $3.74
Max Payne 1 & 2 pack $2.49 each
Just Cause 2 $4.99
Sam & Max Complete Pack $12.49
Singularity $7.49

Last edited:
Hmm, you get a -33% Valve coupon for reading the sale page. Only good on Valve titles though, but I assume it stacks with normal discounts?

Sweet Portal 2. Gonna grab 2 copies to play Co-OP with the G/F. She has been dying to play the new one

Fuck steam is slow as shit, don't people know you don't have to download all the games you purchase right away?

Metro 2033 it's now showing 19.99 and Pendula Studios Adventure Pack says it's not available in my region :|

Where are you seeing this?
Take a look at the screenshot that OP posted -- at the top of the Steam store, if you click "The Great Gift Pile" link, it shows you some info about how you can win free stuff for getting achievements in certain games, and it also tells you that it just gave you a coupon for 33% off any Valve game, which you can find in your Steam inventory (the thing where your TF2 hats and junk are stored, but a different tab).

Is fable 3 worth getting at 12.49? I picked up the second one cheap for 360 and it was interesting but never finished it.

I recommend Orcs Must Die! to anyone who hasn't played it, especially for $3.74.

Take a look at the screenshot that OP posted -- at the top of the Steam store, if you click "The Great Gift Pile" link, it shows you some info about how you can win free stuff for getting achievements in certain games, and it also tells you that it just gave you a coupon for 33% off any Valve game, which you can find in your Steam inventory (the thing where your TF2 hats and junk are stored, but a different tab).

Hmmm never gave me that "prize" it said "we'll give you something just for checking" but it never gave me anything. OH well.

Is fable 3 worth getting at 12.49? I picked up the second one cheap for 360 and it was interesting but never finished it.

I found it to be fun running through with a friend in co-op. That said, multiplayer is kinda buggy, and it uses garbage for windows live. Those are my biggest issues with it.

Hmmm never gave me that "prize" it said "we'll give you something just for checking" but it never gave me anything. OH well.
Hmm well in my case, it took a couple minutes for it to show up in my inventory. I don't know if the free "gift" (coupon) is the same for everyone. Anyone else get something different? I wonder if these coupons are tradeable. I have all the Valve games I want...

Steam store's a giant clusterf**k right now. Go away people so I can look at the site in peace without constant timeouts!

Mine's 50%.

Wonder if Deus Ex 3 will be on sale? Its really the only game out I really want.

... Was gonna pick up Metro finally. But now its showing $20. 0% off. What gives?! :mad:

I found it to be fun running through with a friend in co-op. That said, multiplayer is kinda buggy, and it uses garbage for windows live. Those are my biggest issues with it.

Thanks. I'll see if any of my friends want to pick Fable 3 up for coop then.

I'm hoping Deux Ex 3 and Space Marine go on sale. Still haven't picked up Skyrim yet either but considering getting the CE from New Egg.

For anyone who owns a game on the "Great Gift Pile" challenge, please post what you won by completing the achievement. I'll do it later for Orcs Must Die!.

Definitely check out Orcs Must Die if you haven't. Loads of fun for that price!

Star Wars The Old Republic might save my wallet from this sale.....screw it, I got Portal 2. I will eventually stop playing swtor.

While it's still brand new, I'll hope for a sale on the new Assassin's Creed, too.

Yeah, site itself is a bit wonky, I went between pages then went back to the front and a few of the games were now listed "Not available in my area" like WTF? Does it think I'm living in N Korea?

Cant even navigate Steam right now, traffic must be insane. Once I can get to the page think I'm finally going to give Metro a shot.

"Error 503 Service Unavailable"

gg, Steam store died already :rolleyes:
it gets worse with each sale. it used to be the first few minutes of a sale would be jacked up and now we are dealing with well over an hour. poor Valve does not make enough money to have more servers...

Hmm, you get a -33% Valve coupon for reading the sale page. Only good on Valve titles though, but I assume it stacks with normal discounts?

I have that too.

Apparently its not usable until after 2nd Jan which is when the sales end. Only a special kind of "golden coupon" can be used immediately.

Keep it for future Valve games I guess:p

BTW the grand prize is pretty amazing, the entire catalog of games on Steam:eek:

i'd be happy with just the Valve complete pack.
If anyone gets lumps of coal, i'll trade with any gifts/coupons i get...

i watched a buddy play fable 3 it looked pretty cool, in just not into fable at all.
Isnt metro 2033 a real demanding game? Dont know if my sig rig can handle it or not

Back