Store Sells Out Of Canned Reindeer After Protest

HardOCP News

[H] News
When protesters wanted canned reindeer removed from store shelves, I don't think they meant this way. Damn, if only there were some way to get these guy to protest Ratpadz. :D

"Our online stock has sold out due to the publicity and demand we've received," spokeswoman Constance Cooper said via email. "It's a seasonal product and stocks are limited so we will not be restocking prior to Christmas." Until next year, foodies with a taste for the wild side will have to content themselves with Harvey Nichols' other edible oddities like green curry crickets or toasted ants.

The animal is either hunted or farm raised, slaughtered, and then processed just like any other meat that you purchase in a store. I do not see the big deal. I have had deer meat before and it is not bad. I would not buy this only for the reason that I am not a big fan of canned meat.

The animal is either hunted or farm raised, slaughtered, and then processed just like any other meat that you purchase in a store. I do not see the big deal. I have had deer meat before and it is not bad. I would not buy this only for the reason that I am not a big fan of canned meat.

The big deal is an anti-meat group thought this was their chance to get some free headlines, although it backfired on them, which I find hillarious!

The part I find the most retarded:

VIVA's website urges supporters to "politely complain" to the store, claiming that the process of harvesting the venison is traumatic to the animals.

How do you "harvest" their flesh without it being "traumatic?" Idiots. :rolleyes:

The part I find the most retarded:

How do you "harvest" their flesh without it being "traumatic?" Idiots. :rolleyes:

Your statement almost sounds like you expected a "don't eat animals" group to not be idiots...

That said, I have had this and it is decent as far as Pate' goes. Reindeer/Venison/Moose/Caribou are all Extremely tasty if you know how to prepare them. They are also far better for you health wise.

That all said, generally speaking if it has 4 legs and is furry chances are I will eat it at least once.

Dog actually isn't terrible, but it isn't very good either. Again, I will try anything once myself not saying I will eat it again.

^ nobody wants to eat rats.

Rats are eaten in certain parts of the world as well. Many species of the rodent family are considered food. Their meat is pretty clean, actually it is cleaner than pork. They are feared due to the crap they carry on the outside. Now that said, I wouldn't want to eat a city rodent, but I would be willing to try a wild rodent where it hasn't had a chance to be contaminated by pollution.

People need to get over the mentality of "If it isn't sold in McDonalds, It can't be eaten". You may well find yourself in a situation one day where your survival depends on knowing what you can and cannot eat as well as how to prepare it. Most foods people are grossed out by are purely mental blocks, not actual taste or texture blocks.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the Romans raised certain mice specifically for consumption. Besides, if the life form is a member of the animal kingdom, then some culture, somewhere, considers that food to be on the menu if not a tasty treat.

Your statement almost sounds like you expected a "don't eat animals" group to not be idiots...

That said, I have had this and it is decent as far as Pate' goes. Reindeer/Venison/Moose/Caribou are all Extremely tasty if you know how to prepare them. They are also far better for you health wise.

That all said, generally speaking if it has 4 legs and is furry chances are I will eat it at least once.

Moose is damned delicious. I'll take a moose steak over cow any day of the week.

Rats are eaten in certain parts of the world as well. Many species of the rodent family are considered food. Their meat is pretty clean, actually it is cleaner than pork. They are feared due to the crap they carry on the outside. Now that said, I wouldn't want to eat a city rodent, but I would be willing to try a wild rodent where it hasn't had a chance to be contaminated by pollution.

People need to get over the mentality of "If it isn't sold in McDonalds, It can't be eaten". You may well find yourself in a situation one day where your survival depends on knowing what you can and cannot eat as well as how to prepare it. Most foods people are grossed out by are purely mental blocks, not actual taste or texture blocks.

I didn't say you couldn't eat rats, just that nobody really wants to unless they are starving. It all depends on the fat to protein ration.

LOL, I love it when intended negative publicity turns out to be unintentional positive publicity. Those veggie hippies got OWNED! :p

The Brits think that a side of Rudolph goes well with spotted dick. :eek:

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
man i'll eat any warm blooded animal short of humans if in a pinch...
call me cruel but I want to up my survival chances if SHTF

I can't recommend squirrel (at least boiled in a metal cup), did that in survival training and it had a horrible after taste for days. Although I must say, my dogs seem to enjoy squirrel.

Nice to know that store still has canned ants and crickets in stock for the last minute shopper.

I ate a guinea pig in Peru. No joke, cliché aside, I could not differentiate it from chicken if I were blindfolded.

Guinea_1.jpg

I don't eat pork, but I've tried Camel and dear God it is delicious.

2nd post, if somehow mammoths are recreated, I'll eat them first. Fully cooked at first meal, half-cooked with a bit of spice on the second.

Everything will taste like chicken in the end. Humans are the odd ones out-- we taste more like pork.

*insert Homer's drooling reaction here... "Pork!"

Rats are one thing I really don't want to try. This might be the only thing. I have tried some what Americans find gross or odd. I just got back from a trip and ate crickets ate on restaurant (Vietnam). And ate what I think were roaches that our tour guide bought from a small kid (Cambodia). I am part Asian so I was not fitting in exactly while looking like a big tourist making the initial faces haha. Though they did taste quite good.

Now onto the main story. Is there a group that exists for plants' rights? Because every time I bite into a vegetable or fruit I could swear it's screaming in pain.

Dog actually isn't terrible, but it isn't very good either. Again, I will try anything once myself not saying I will eat it again.

I've never figured out groups that protest the hunting and/or consuming of venison. In many areas the deep population is out of control and without hunting would result in animals starving to death. The issue is that there are not enough natural predators for deer still around. Cougars, mountain lions, lynx and bobcats just to name a few. I just wish some of these groups would channel their resources to fight real problems.

Rats are one thing I really don't want to try. This might be the only thing. I have tried some what Americans find gross or odd. I just got back from a trip and ate crickets ate on restaurant (Vietnam). And ate what I think were roaches that our tour guide bought from a small kid (Cambodia). I am part Asian so I was not fitting in exactly while looking like a big tourist making the initial faces haha. Though they did taste quite good.

Now onto the main story. Is there a group that exists for plants' rights? Because every time I bite into a vegetable or fruit I could swear it's screaming in pain.

It isn't for everyone obviously. I just tend to encourage people to try everything at least once. You might find yourself surprised.

Cambodia? Yep..roaches or at least the roach family.

Of course canned is the worst way.

Well of course..Like I said Decent as far as Pate is concerned. I don't particularly care for Pate.

Though a fried spam sandwich with spicy mustard is oddly good in a "why on earth am I eating this crap and enjoying it" sort of way.

Gross.

And you can keep your Ratpadz, Steve. I have one I bought back in the 90's (back when mice still had Bawls!) sitting in my closet collecting dust.

Back