What kind of feedback would you leave?

prtzlboy

[H]ard|Gawd
Well, I'm in the middle of a transaction here on [H], and I've encountered something that's kind of made me angry. I am doing a trade with another member (my iPad for his Transformer) and I offered to ship first since the other member has a decent amount more feedback on Heat and eBay than I do (although mine is 100% and he has a negative on eBay recently).

I stated in my original post that the only issue with the iPad is that the original charger is missing and I have been using an iPod cable to slow charge it overnight. So I ship it to him, and he receives it, and says it's not charging. I explain that it's a documented issue with the iPod cable that because it isn't a 10w charger, it will charge slower and only when the screen of the iPad is off--i.e. while the iPad screen is on, it says "Not Charging", but it does, in fact, charge when the screen turns off. I even sent him a link to an apple support thread explaining the issue.

He then says he did leave it plugged in and it did actually charge, but still wants to return it. I told him he could send it back, and then he replied: "Yeah no problem I will send it back tomorrow. To honest I just tried for like an hour and it's much slower than the Transformer but mine is overclocked to 1.6ghz dual core tho ..."

Is it me, or does it sound like he just took my iPad for a test drive and decided he didn't want it? I'm a little upset because I don't like sending people $350 gadgets just to "try out". I was under the impression that the reason people shipped first was to make sure people who had less feedback were trustworthy, and not for people with more feedback to test drive other people's things.

Assuming he sends me the iPad back without any more issues, what kind of feedback should I leave for this?

Update: He keeps coming back to the "Not Charging" message, even though it's well documented behavior for an iPad: support.apple.com/kb/HT4060

He has admitted that it behaves exactly as shown on Apple's own site, and he's also admitted that it does, in fact, charge, yet he still insists I sent him a defective product. I have made every effort here, including shipping first as well as offering to pay for a 10w charger to make him happy, so it's obvious that he is sticking to this point in order to get out of the trade. I sent a PM that states I'll no longer respond to anything that doesn't contain a tracking number for either my iPad or the Transformer (which I have, in essence, already paid for!).

He doesn't have Heat--he sent me a message through his eBay account to show the feedback through there. So, I can't leave a negative feedback through that means if this concludes poorly. Should I post his name when this is over if he doesn't go through? I haven't done much trading on this forum (been here forever, though, lol), so I don't know the protocol.

UPDATE

It's official, he reneged and has refused to reimburse my shipping. What's worse is he is now possibly committing fraud via the USPS by having the item returned to sender:

"Your Item's Status Your item was returned to the sender on December 20, 2011 because it could not be delivered as addressed"

This is a flat out lie. He is returning an opened package, and somehow his local post office let it through. He has now officially received my iPad, played with it, decided he didn't want it, and is now sending it back--all conveniently costing him NOTHING, and I am out time and shipping. This is a gigantic breech of our original agreement, and most of all my trust. He will claim that my iPad is defective, but by his own admission it worked exactly as an iPad is known to work when you do not have a 10w charger. A link to the Apple support article detailing this exact, AND NORMAL behavior: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4060. I showed him the same links so he is aware that the iPad is functioning properly. He also flip flopped his story a few times, first saying it didn't work at all, then admitting he just didn't think it was fast enough compared to his overclocked Transformer.

The trader's name is ragingazn628

His eBay name is toms.technology http://myworld.ebay.com/toms.technology

He has accused me of lying by changing my original for trade post to include the information about how I charge the iPad. Here is the link to my original post: http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1657699&highlight=ipad The last update was to add the "TRADE PENDING" to the top of my post. I will post images of my PMs with him so you can see that the timestamps show that the time of that last edit closely coincides with my agreement to the trade, and the dispute actually started days later. I didn't include the part about it saying "not charging" when it's plugged into a normal USB port, because that is normal behavior and not out of the ordinary.

evidence5b.jpg

evidence1z.jpg

evidence2z.jpg

evidence3e.jpg

Timestamps:
evidence6.jpg

evidence7.jpg

You'll notice that the time of the last edit to my for trade post is exactly the same time as when I agreed to our terms (his time is EST mine is CST). I had immediately edited my post to show that a trade was pending.

Last edited:
maybe he has buyer's remorse? or in this case trader's remorse, he should ship it back at his expense and pay for your shipping out to him

negative, absolutely - even with him paying for the shipping both ways. i wouldn't even give him the option to send it back. he already agreed to the trade, no trial run is implied.

negative, absolutely - even with him paying for the shipping both ways. i wouldn't even give him the option to send it back. he already agreed to the trade, no trial run is implied.

This is what I thought too. A deal is a deal...Unless there was some issue not disclosed..

The trader did not follow thru on his part of the deal. He should pay shipping both ways and if he does that I might give him a neutral, might. Please post this bad traders forum name so others can avoid trades.

Well he initially refused to reimburse my shipping but I gave him one last chance since I called him out in our PMs to each other. I will give him the benefit of the doubt until the issue is resolved and won't name names.

Updated my original post so I can get some feedback from established [H]ard|Traders

Give it a day or so for him to ship it back then try to contact one of the trading mods here to see if they can lend a hand.

i read the whole thing
he should pay your the reimbursement because 17 dollars is still 17 dollars
in any case, leave heat for him

and i don't know what he's talking about, i have an ipad and i use the iphone charger to charge and it still charge

Either way i think you come out better anyway, the old ipad still worth more than the transformer especially when the prime is going to be out soon. his transformer probably worth about 250 max

i left someone a neg on ebay for selling me an fz150 camera. he sent a fz50. he didn't fully (almost but not quite) reimbursed me the return shipping costs. he said he would fully reimburse but since he didn't he got a neg, not only for misrepresentation but also he relisted the camera as an fz50 on ebay BUT the title still says fz150, so i reported him for it.

For future reference if neither of you have heat, I would not ship first. You both have equally as little trading reputation as each other at that point. I don't care if someone has 1,000,000 positive ebay refs, this isn't ebay and to me they don't mean shit. Leave him the negative heat, since it's his first he will probably just make a new heat account anyways.

You might want to contact the USPS Inspector General as well and provide the info about his fraud.

thing is if he shipped it back to you then all shipping fee's cancel out.

if he denies the package. THEN thats when you ask for shipping fee.

so where's the ipad?

I got a bad feeling about that guy when I pm'd him about something he was selling and got a smart ass answer.

All shipping fees canceled out? Not sure I follow. OP never said he got the transformer. From what I gather from the thread, he shipped out the ipad, guy didn't like that it took so long to charge, and he's shipped it back. The op never got what he wanted from the trade and is in fact out the shipping. Yes they each paid shipping one way, but seeing as the op never got anything, he's out his shipping costs.

The bigger issue is the feedback. If he doesn't have heat, then you can't leave him any neg heat. And AFAIK ebay won't let you post reviews if it didn't happen on ebay. The best thing you can try to do is get a mods attention from Anand and have them add his name to their bad trader list.

Actually he didn't pay any shipping. A "return to sender" doesn't cost anything for the original recipient--it's only supposed to be done with an unopened package, though.

He's literally out nothing. I've been out shipping and my iPad for over a week now. . . and since he did a return to sender instead of shipping it Priority like I did for him, I might not get it back til after Christmas. Insult to injury :/

And you never even received so much as a tracking number for the transformer right?

As I said, without heat, there isn't anything you can do. Anand might (and I would argue should) place him on their do not trade with list, but that's really all you can do.

I would leave this person a scathing negative heat.

A negative feedback. I don't know why he said ipad was lower than his tablet. Everybody can test the ipad at Apple store/Bestbuy/Target easily. Bad trader at all.

Unfortunately since he does not have heat, there is not much you can do. I would just hope to get the ipad back in ok shape, then report him to the forums and USPS.

I checked the OP again, the other guy does have heat? When did that happen? I'd leave a negative and prepare for the retaliatory neg. You should be able to explain to heat what happened and they should remove it. Don't be scathing, just honest.

Edit: I checked again, you say you shipped first because his heat and ebay was higher then yours, but later you say he has no heat. Which is it? If he has no heat, you can't do anything other then what I've already suggested with Anand. If he does have heat, leave the neg seeing as you never got a tracking number. This means he used your ipad without ever even shipping what he said he would.

He had quite a bit more eBay feedbacks than I did--like 4x or 5x more. I just checked for him again on Heat and he does indeed have one now so I can at least do that.

According to tracking I MIGHT get the iPad back today--I'm home today so at least I won't miss the delivery if it does come.

Lesson learned: don't ship first unless you have zero feedback. I definitely won't ever do that again.

I only shipped first when I first started trading, and it is a policy I continue today.If you are a new trader I'll require you ship first, if you have like 50+ positives We can cross ship, I still get nervous when someone doen't ship when they say they will if I cross shipped. Ebay feedback is nothing to me that rating system is very flawed.

I recognize his name from Slickdeals, lol.
I was trying to figure out where I had seen it before and saw this on a search:

Scammer Alert aka Ragingazn628/Superpowerlevel

I can't remember if I like him or hate him, but I definitely know I've had back-and-forths with him on the other forum before and his name caught my eye.

Good luck, either way.

Oh. Here's another one with him banned, lol. Banstick.
And, some more questionable behavior: Account scammer?
If you search his name, he has a massive amount of online activity in dozens and dozens of forums.
Impressive, really.
It's easy to see that he loves gaming, spends an inordinate amount of time online, and has a less-than-stellar reputation when it comes to, "ethics"

*Edit - I found out that he bought a tablet that I posted a deal on and hated it, so he tried to flame one of my threads. Stated that he sold it for $120 on eBay.
I think this falls in line with him being full of brown feces:
The best! Exactly as advertised! Thank you so much! Buyer: Member id picaroto2009
Oct-25-11 09:22 - Zenithink 2 ZT-180 Gen II Android 2.2 Froyo ePad w/ Camera HDMI WiFi like iPad (#170702561315) US $197.50

Last edited:
I recognize his name from Slickdeals, lol.
I was trying to figure out where I had seen it before and saw this on a search:

Scammer Alert aka Ragingazn628/Superpowerlevel

I can't remember if I like him or hate him, but I definitely know I've had back-and-forths with him on the other forum before and his name caught my eye.

Good luck, either way.

Oh. Here's another one with him banned, lol. Banstick.
And, some more questionable behavior: Account scammer?
If you search his name, he has a massive amount of online activity in dozens and dozens of forums.
Impressive, really.
It's easy to see that he loves gaming, spends an inordinate amount of time online, and has a less-than-stellar reputation when it comes to, "ethics"

*Edit - I found out that he bought a tablet that I posted a deal on and hated it, so he tried to flame one of my threads. Stated that he sold it for $120 on eBay.
I think this falls in line with him being full of brown feces:
The best! Exactly as advertised! Thank you so much! Buyer: Member id picaroto2009
Oct-25-11 09:22 - Zenithink 2 ZT-180 Gen II Android 2.2 Froyo ePad w/ Camera HDMI WiFi like iPad (#170702561315) US $197.50

Nicely dug up :)

Ragingazn628 took advantage of the situation, that is obvious. If he ships the iPad back to you with USPS Priority or another 2-day shipping service, and covers shipping costs in both directions, I'd say give him neutral. If he does not, negative. If he really wanted to make things right he should pay a "borrowing fee" since that's exactly what he did, but that's up to you and him.

Either way he's a dishonest person and sorry for your troubles.

EDIT Oh man I read this thread on my mobile phone and did not look at the date. Sorry for wasting your time if you read the above, and I hope everything turned out well for you OP.

Last edited:
Update: I got it back and he never reimbursed my shipping.

Negative feedback for him, for sure, since he also somehow convinced his local USPS to do a "return to sender" on an OBVIOUSLY opened item.

Scumbag all the way.

Edit: is Heatware down?

Update: I got it back and he never reimbursed my shipping.

Negative feedback for him, for sure, since he also somehow convinced his local USPS to do a "return to sender" on an OBVIOUSLY opened item.

Scumbag all the way.

Edit: is Heatware down?

Report him to the post office for mail fraud. He opened it. End of story.

And this is why I never ship first. I can't believe this guy went through all the effort just to get a trial run with an iPad. He could have gone to ANY Apple store without the hassle.

Really, he owes you something, even if it's just for being a douche. When I sell things I'm friendly and communicative and not standoffish--he seems like a total prick.

Also: eBay feedback is not Heat.

Last edited:
Report him to the post office for mail fraud. He opened it. End of story.

^ ^ ^ ^ ^

This.

It is illegal to open a piece of mail and than to try and mark as return to sender unopened. All they can do is mark the package as REFUSED but still must pay the return shipping. He is in violation of a federal facility and this can count as a federal crime. Mail Fraud is very serious and in a department that is loosing money left and right, this is a big big deal. I would march down to the post office with a print off of your PM's and show that he even stated he would send the package back using "non-conventional" methods. He thinks its funny to borrow products and ship them back free of charge? He should think again!

According to my father who is a former supervisor of a USPS mail processing facility. This is definitely fraudulent.

really hope this guy isnt azn (asian). bad rep for our species. he should re-register as ragingdouchescammer and see how business goes for him.

really hope this guy isnt azn (asian). bad rep for our species. he should re-register as ragingdouchescammer and see how business goes for him.

You add absolutely nothing valuable to the thread by posting this useless nonsense.

However, it's still the best post here and I snorted. Well played.:p

he has 2 heatware accounts, I see. Well I just left a neg on that one, too.

I'll see what I can do about return to sender thing--the lady at the post office noticed that the package was open when I received it and told me to get back to her if there were any problems. I was thinking I'd let his juvenile trick slide if he refunded my shipping, but he hasn't so I'm going to go back there and turn him in. I shouldn't have thought that way, I know--if people can get away with this stuff it's bad for all of us, and I need to make sure he's held accountable.

Back