‘For Dummies’ Publisher Sues BitTorrent Users

HardOCP News

[H] News
The next book in this series will no doubt be "Copyright Lawsuits for Dummies." What kind of person risks a lawsuit over the "for Dummies" books?

John Wiley and Sons, one of the world’s largest book publishers, is continuing its efforts to crack down on BitTorrent piracy. The company filed a new mass-lawsuit this month, targeting dozens of John Does who allegedly shared Wiley titles online. Talking to TorrentFreak, the publisher states that it’s not their intention to litigate against individuals, but to settle and educate instead.

the publisher states that it’s not their intention to litigate against individuals, but to settle and educate instead.

New book out next month: How to Settle and Educate for Dummies

Yea, their intention is to educate consumer and "settle" for a few hundred thousand dollars per title. Yea, great education. Their books are great, and good at educating, but their non-litigation, settling tactics suck. Depending on how this goes, they may lose a few customers. I really limit my purchases of music because of the scumbags of RIAA. I don't go to theaters because of the huge MPAA shit (not to mention ticket prices). I doubt my lack of purchases make a lick of difference, but it does push people away....

You know...I am just gonna be an asshole and say what everyone else is really thinking.

If you needed a "For Dummies" book and downloaded it illegally, then frankly you deserve to be sued for being criminally stupid.

Seriously..LOL..

So you could go to a library and get a hard copy for free, or you could download a copy for free...

Not quite sure why this works like this.

... Hum... are those books really that good? I don't think I've ever read one... might've glimpsed at one randomly when looking through a book store but not much more than that.

... Hum... are those books really that good? I don't think I've ever read one... might've glimpsed at one randomly when looking through a book store but not much more than that.

If you have the computer skills of the typical 80 year old, yes they are great.

Otherwise...not so much.

The last for dummies books I read I got from the public libary and school libary anyway and I did it just for lulz since my class made me read books for pizza hut coupons.

book-it-pizza-hut-pin.jpg

They taught me how to be a dirty pirate dildo.

Back