Seagate Named Among "Best Companies To Partner With"

HardOCP News

[H] News
Seagate has been named one of the Best Companies to Partner With by CRN. The first annual “Best Companies to Partner With” list was unveiled at UBM Channel’s COMDEXvirtual event. The inaugural Best Companies to Partner With list is a c omprehensive directory of must-have vendors, offering IT solutions providers a much-needed roadmap for navigating vendor relationships. UBM Channel’s editorial team and its channel research, consulting and education arm surveyed more than 220 vendors in 13 technology categories earlier this year to gauge VAR perceptions of a company’s brand, technical prowess, market strength and channel programs.

/shrug

I use them and Western Digital exclusively and have far fewer problems then any of the others.

I hear about Seagate horror stories more often these days but I love my two BlackArmor NAS 220 4TB units. They're great media storage servers! Not super fast, but it doesn't need to be. It just need to be reliable and always ready to play.

Who the heck did they bribe to get that award?

I avoid Seagate like the plague, no end of failures I have witnessed, received, repaired, or just chucked in the bin, since 1998...here's a good example 2009, 500 GB SATA slave drive, never had any data saved to it, late 2010, SMART failure code Orange. We had a whole shipment of 2008 workstations with identical 80 GB SATA drives, that all had SMART failures around the same month in 2010, we just bought WD drives to replace them as Seagate is so f%#king useless.

Who the heck did they bribe to get that award?

I avoid Seagate like the plague, no end of failures I have witnessed, received, repaired, or just chucked in the bin, since 1998...here's a good example 2009, 500 GB SATA slave drive, never had any data saved to it, late 2010, SMART failure code Orange. We had a whole shipment of 2008 workstations with identical 80 GB SATA drives, that all had SMART failures around the same month in 2010, we just bought WD drives to replace them as Seagate is so f%#king useless.

Someone is doing it wrong lol..

Run seatools, get error code in 5 minutes, auto RMA authorization on the web, get new hard drive in 3 days.

I RMA hard drives every single day. Seagate by far has the easiest and the quickest, followed very closely by WD. By the way, if there is a Batch flaw, then computers bought in batches tend to have the same problem like that. I have had Batch flaws from Seagate, Western Digital, IBM, Maxtor, Hitachi and Samsung..It happens when you deal with volume buying.

Oh Seatools gives me the code, but witht he drive being OEM to the workstation Seagate deny all knowledge of it's existence, I'd go through Seagate if I could for the replacement, but my decade of experience with their hard drives, I just save my time and money, buy buying Hitachi, Samsung, or WD.

Oh Seatools gives me the code, but witht he drive being OEM to the workstation Seagate deny all knowledge of it's existence, I'd go through Seagate if I could for the replacement, but my decade of experience with their hard drives, I just save my time and money, buy buying Hitachi, Samsung, or WD.

All of them deny the existence of the drive through OEM machines. That isn't exclusive to Seagate. Your warranty is through the OEM in that case.

Back