Gigabyte E350N-USB3 Fusion Mini ITX Motherboard

HardOCP News

[H] News
Need a Mini-ITX motherboard for a mini PC mod project or HTPC? I recommend you read this review of the Gigabyte E350N-USB3 at PC Perspective today, it might just save you some time and money.

I had high expectations for this E-350 motherboard, but the benchmark results didn't give me what I was looking for from this board. The next Fusion APUs will provide better CPU performance as well as graphics and multimedia capabilities to help boost this platform into something consumers will drool over for their next home theater PC.

when you can get a socket fm1 mini-itx board and throw a llano in it I don't see the value in these boards.

47 Watt total power draw with the capability to playback everything on my media server with no issues at a cost of $25 over the cost of just a A4-3300 processor by itself.

Yeah, definitely no value for the basis of a completely silent HTPC. :rolleyes:

so for 25 dollars more you can have a real computer instead of a gimped htpc specific hardware, you can then undervolt and underclock it if you have heat concerns and over all you end up with a much more well rounded machine capable of doing much more.

I am sorry, but I still don't see the value in these. I would rather spend the 25 bucks for an infinitely more useful machine.

so for 25 dollars more you can have a real computer instead of a gimped htpc specific hardware, you can then undervolt and underclock it if you have heat concerns and over all you end up with a much more well rounded machine capable of doing much more.

I am sorry, but I still don't see the value in these. I would rather spend the 25 bucks for an infinitely more useful machine.

I take it that you didn't read this post correctly:

47 Watt total power draw with the capability to playback everything on my media server with no issues at a cost of $25 over the cost of just a A4-3300 processor by itself.

Yeah, definitely no value for the basis of a completely silent HTPC. :rolleyes:

Haters gonna hate.

I'm actually quite fond the E-350. I have one Sapphire ITX system working as a server, a second as Foxconn nettop (xbmc frontend), and a C50 for my netbook.
And ppl need to remember Liano just came out, E-350 has been around for a while now.

Back