Google’s Three Top Executives Have Eight Private Jets

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google has its own Air Force? No, not really, but the three top dogs at Google privately own a total of eight planes through a company called H211. The problem with aircraft is you need somewhere to park them close enough to be truly useful. Larry Page, Sergey Brin and Eric Schmidt are offering $33 Million to restore a government owned airship hangar within a stone’s throw away to the Googleplex in exchange for partial use of the hangar. It just goes to prove that parking really is quite expensive. :D

The giant structure, built in the 1930s and called Hangar One, sits a few miles from the Googleplex and it’s well known the Google executives have special permission from NASA to park their jets at Moffett.

When I used to work at Ames Research, I loved seeing that monster of a hanger from the freeway.

Meh.. I have no problem with this.. If its not usable now & there paying to fix it then let them have a long free lease on the space.

Here I thought you were going to take the Obama line about how these "Corporate Jet Owners" "aren't paying their fair share".

Although the sad truth is they're BO supporters. Not out of ideology, but the Dems are easier to bribe. I think the entire Tech sector learned that you need to grease the wheels in DC or face the wrath of both brands of politicians... remember Microsoft? That's what happens when you don't pay. Here, Google is engaging in all sorts of anti-competitive practices and it's just a blip.

I drive by that hangar a few times a week...now I know what those commercial jets are that I always see landing there!

I believe I've also seen either Air Force 1 or 2 parked there once.

Meh.. I have no problem with this.. If its not usable now & there paying to fix it then let them have a long free lease on the space.

Its even worse than that. The structure has "hazardous materials" on it (probably asbestos paneling), that the tax payers are currently paying to clean up. Google is going to pay for the clean-up. Its a Win-Win-Win for everyone.

If I had a load more money (and a licence) i'd have a b2... Not really worth having anything else :( (maybe a u2...would be great to go almost into space...). Damn their lack of imagination! :(

Eight private planes among three fat cats. I'm fine with that, but not with the fact that I pay a higher percent of my income to taxes than they do.

Eight private planes among three fat cats. I'm fine with that, but not with the fact that I pay a higher percent of my income to taxes than they do.

But but but then there would be no encouragement to earn million dollar salarys! :eek: You know people would be all "screw that" and go work in 7/11 if they had to pay the same rate as normal people! :p

Apparently you are not fine with it.

You don't higher percent of my income to taxes than they do and a lot of people got high paying jobs to build those jets.

Do you know what percentage they pay, or are you just assuming they pay less because someone told you what to believe?

+1

Right around 15% (capital gains) after all the deductions.

Those "noble" Google people have slaved for a One Dollar Salary: Sergey Brin, Larry Page, and Eric Schmidt.

Avoiding payroll taxes is perk to being paid in stocks. That's another tax of nearly 16% on earned income (no deductions below $100G). Add in regressive state/local sales taxes. Add in that these fat cats can deduct many expenses we can't, or get untaxed perks ("Family, hop on the plane, I'm going to expect one of our servers in Paris.").

But, in the minds of the neocon-ed, the rich will always pay far more in taxes than the middle-class.

I have a lot less of a problem with the Google guys having these over-the-top perks than the mega-million dollar salaries/bonuses filling the private accounts of the crooks at Goldman Sachs and all the other Wall Street bankers who are "too big to fail." :mad::mad::mad:

Non-answer.

Combined with the remark that they get $1 yearly salaries, it's actually pretty much giving you exactly the answer. They pay at most 15% (capital gains), however that should be going up to 20% in a year or two, but they don't actually pay based upon how much value they get at the time, but instead they pay based upon how much money its worth when they cash them in.

Those "noble" Google people have slaved for a One Dollar Salary: Sergey Brin, Larry Page, and Eric Schmidt.

Avoiding payroll taxes is perk to being paid in stocks. That's another tax of nearly 16% on earned income (no deductions below $100G). Add in regressive state/local sales taxes. Add in that these fat cats can deduct many expenses we can't, or get untaxed perks ("Family, hop on the plane, I'm going to expect one of our servers in Paris.").

But, in the minds of the neocon-ed, the rich will always pay far more in taxes than the middle-class.

Schmidt didn't receive any stock or other pay in 2009 or 2010.

But hey, keep swinging for the rafters.

I have a lot less of a problem with the Google guys having these over-the-top perks than the mega-million dollar salaries/bonuses filling the private accounts of the crooks at Goldman Sachs and all the other Wall Street bankers who are "too big to fail." :mad::mad::mad:

Ditto.

I don't know where some of you are getting your information. Stock-based compensation is taxed as regular income and is subject to payroll taxes. Warren Buffet has a lower rate than his secretary because almost all of his income is derived from making investment decisions that appreciate the value of securities he already owns.

Yeah, JOB CREATORS MAN.

Lol Job creators. I love how "rich people" don't like to be called "rich" anymore. They (as well as the totally down to earth and reliable Fox News) refer to them as "job creators."
Yeah they are doing us a favor so leave them alone man!

If they were doing such a good job and didn't deserve to pay their share I wouldn't have been damn near unemployed for nearly 3 years. Good job guys.

/sarcasm.

damn near unemployed

What does this mean? It sounds like you had a job, so not unemployed at all.

Also, I'd love to see where some of these posters get their tax numbers.

I have no problem with that.

They do pay more in total dollars. Even if it is a lower percentage of their actual total true income.
Do you prefer government as a wealth redistribution force, or government as a service, or a mix of the two?

Because the majority of them do. Go read the CBO report on this. Also, being in Calif Google pays a large chunk of taxes I'm sure. Most businesses are vacating California faster than they're coming in due to the high amount of taxes and lack of tax breaks for them. Anyhoo, I'm not sure how this thread was supposed to turn out but it is 100% evident where it is going to go.

Also, I'm sure you meant INSPECT and not EXPECT.

What does this mean? It sounds like you had a job, so not unemployed at all.

Also, I'd love to see where some of these posters get their tax numbers.

It means being hired then laid off within 6 months because the company is going under, happened twice. It means multiple seasonal jobs with no guarantee of keeping employment after the seasonal period. It means taking what few neighborhood jobs I could scrape up and make a little money here and there. It means having no job in between, no job security, no guaranteed income.

For the past 3 years I've had no job security, been bounced back and forth trying to find work while living the lie that going to college and graduating helps to get your foot in the door someplace. I'm tired of trying so hard just stay afloat when people who have jobs don't deserve them.

For instance at one of my seasonal jobs I'm busting my ass to get noticed so I can have a slim hope to stay on after the seasonal period is over while a guy who has somehow been working there for 4 years (doing the same job I was hired for this season) makes over 20 bucks an hour to avoid working and brag about it for 40+ hours a week. It makes me sick that lazy clowns can have job security while I bust my ass for scraps and a hope I won't be unemployed again in 2-3 weeks. This guy shouldn't have a job, or should be doing something degrading for under minimum wage if that is how mature and responsible he wants to be.

A lot of people don't know what its like and can't or won't sympathize with it. Obviously there is something wrong with me right? I haven't taken a dime of unemployment money because I don't want to be labeled as one of the drains on the system and the supposed trash or bottom feeders the "job creators" are defending themselves against.

I have no problem with that.

They do pay more in total dollars. Even if it is a lower percentage of their actual total true income.
Do you prefer government as a wealth redistribution force, or government as a service, or a mix of the two?

according to the CBO, the highest quintile pays a higher effective tax rate than any other quintile.

CBO must be full of neocons from Fox News Beck OReilly show I guess.

It means being hired then laid off within 6 months because the company is going under, happened twice. It means multiple seasonal jobs with no guarantee of keeping employment after the seasonal period. It means taking what few neighborhood jobs I could scrape up and make a little money here and there. It means having no job in between, no job security, no guaranteed income.

You're not the only one going through this, during good and bad economic times. However, you are a fool if you believe in this myth called job security. A lot of people like yourself usually only see what's in front of them, and never see what it takes to start a company and hire people. People are blind because most people are not exposed to taxes and regulations that are not obvious to the individual (except for sales tax). Have you ever looked into why those companies you were with went under? I'm pretty sure if you knew and understand, you would not be singing this tune. And too many people think that getting a job is a as simple as giving away candy.

For the past 3 years I've had no job security, been bounced back and forth trying to find work while living the lie that going to college and graduating helps to get your foot in the door someplace. I'm tired of trying so hard just stay afloat when people who have jobs don't deserve them.

This is the entitlement mentality that gets people in trouble. Have your parents not taught you that nothing in is fair and nothing in life is guaranteed? Let's not forgot the stupid kids who spend tens of thousands of dollar in college for obscure degrees like Egyptian History and expect a 6 figure salary handed to them right after college.

Listen bro, anyone who understands this has gone through shit jobs. Hell, I have my more-than-fair share of working a McD's and gap during a after college before I was able to find opportunities.

If you dislike people who have jobs but don't deserve them, you can start with unions, especially public unions as they are the main culprit of employment decline for the past 4-5 decades. Unions may be good during the 1900s, but this is 2011, unions are obsolete, and most are parasites.

For instance at one of my seasonal jobs I'm busting my ass to get noticed so I can have a slim hope to stay on after the seasonal period is over while a guy who has somehow been working there for 4 years (doing the same job I was hired for this season) makes over 20 bucks an hour to avoid working and brag about it for 40+ hours a week. It makes me sick that lazy clowns can have job security while I bust my ass for scraps and a hope I won't be unemployed again in 2-3 weeks. This guy shouldn't have a job, or should be doing something degrading for under minimum wage if that is how mature and responsible he wants to be.

And what job is this may I ask? Definitely does not sound like a sales job, I been down that road before.

Listen bro, the only job security that exists is your ability to find a job in the event you lose one, not whether or not you can stay in the same job. And that's better than a lot of people that just sit on their asses and complain about life.

Combined with the remark that they get $1 yearly salaries, it's actually pretty much giving you exactly the answer. They pay at most 15% (capital gains), however that should be going up to 20% in a year or two, but they don't actually pay based upon how much value they get at the time, but instead they pay based upon how much money its worth when they cash them in.

Hopefully capital gains goes down to 10%. Regular people have stock as well. :)

Back