Chrome Is Most Secure of the Top Three Browsers

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Google Chrome seems to be finding its stride in the browser wars, first by passing Firefox as number two and setting its sights on Internet Explorer in the near future. To add to the accolades, Chrome has now been named the most secure browser of the top three by Accuvant Security.

Chrome’s plug-in security and sandboxing architectures, meanwhile, are “implemented in a more thorough and comprehensive manner,” making it “the browser that is most secured against attack,” Accuvant says.

It wasn't that long ago that IE9 was the most secure browser according to tests. Same with Firefox. I dont think there really is a "most secure browser."

^ their measure of a secure browser is solely based on anti-exploitation techniques. That's pretty single minded way to do a security review.

Meh, I'd still stick with IE9. Having a Microsoft software within a Microsoft OS gives me a sense of better intergration than a Google software/Microsoft OS. Oh, and IE9 is the only browser with a UI that's a reminiscence of Zune.

Chrome is the worlds most secure browser...according to chrome...

Maybe they should have asked Larry Page who's the worlds greatest lover at the same time? :p

Notice how they say "Top Three" browsers??? Thats because if they included Opera if would beat the pants off of all of them. When comparing all of them Opera has been the most secure for the last five years.

Meh, I'd still stick with IE9. Having a Microsoft software within a Microsoft OS gives me a sense of better intergration than a Google software/Microsoft OS. Oh, and IE9 is the only browser with a UI that's a reminiscence of Zune.

lol, IE9 is for masochistic people.
I'll stick with Lynx over IE any day. :D

Notice how they say "Top Three" browsers??? Thats because if they included Opera if would beat the pants off of all of them. When comparing all of them Opera has been the most secure for the last five years.

I think everyone knows Opera is the best and they're afraid to admit it. *gets ready to dodge the incoming flames*

I would be highly suspicious of this claim, simply because Opera has so many features that neither Firefox nor Chrome have.

Browser with more features is a browser with more potential exploits.

That's just my educated guess based on my experience with all of the browsers. Opera doesn't stick to the rules.

I am sure your right.. But Opera sucks.. I have used it & removed it on several occasions throughout the years & overall the browsing experience is just clunky & totally not fluid like it is with Chrome..

I cant speak to IE9 or Firefox as I have very limited use on either of them.

Don't care how secure Chrome is it won't be my main browser Why ? lack of a proper Adblock solution Re: opera its my primary browser but there number sites where things simply don't work in these cases my fall backs are IE9 & FF

Why ? lack of a proper Adblock solution

I used to care about this, but sites like here get paid from tehse add's & thats how the site stays online.. I just let the add's through now & zone them out.

I used to care about this, but sites like here get paid from tehse add's & thats how the site stays online.. I just let the add's through now & zone them out.
Amen. Adblocking deprives sites of revenue.

I have seen too many PC's f'd by chrome that I will never use it. If you ever install it, shit breaks in Outlook and other office apps, and web site functionality is much worse than stock IE9.

I've never seen any problems like you described after installing Chrome, granted outlook is crap and I don't use it, so I wouldn't know.

Yeah Ive been using Chrome for a couple years now and have yet to see it "break" anything at all. Also have never seen all the malware that it supposedly installs either.

And I dont worry about ad blocking either. As mentioned, it keeps the doors open at sites that I love like [H] and with 10MB internet speeds, Im not really worried about a couple ads slowing me down and MSE is doing a pretty good job of keeping my rig free of any malware or adware so I let em run as well.

Don't care how secure Chrome is it won't be my main browser Why ? lack of a proper Adblock solution Re: opera its my primary browser but there number sites where things simply don't work in these cases my fall backs are IE9 & FF

What the hell are you talking about? I have AdBlock for Chrome and it blocks all ads(I make hardforum an exception and any other site/forum that I regularly visit).

Meh don't even need noscript...

firefox + adblock is all i've used for 4 years now both at home, and on every machine at work and we have yet to ever get any malware / adware.

won't ever use chrome until they allow adblock, and not that garbage one which still downloads the ad like normal, then just doesn't display it leaving the malicious code somewhere in your cache.

Back