Company Builds 7ft Bronze Steve Jobs Statue

HardOCP News

[H] News
Say what you will about Apple / Mac users but they are some of the most loyal customers on the planet. How loyal is the fan base? How about a 7ft tall Steve Jobs statute?

As co-founder and longtime CEO of Apple, Steve Jobs garnered quite a fanbase before his unfortunate passing earlier this year. From his visible position within the tech giant, he became a beloved figure in the world of consumer electronics. A computer software company in Hungary is showing just how much Jobs meant to them by commissioning a bronze statue in Jobs's likeness that stands a mighty 7' tall.

If you ever develop a desire to commemerate Steve Jobs with a 7ft. statue, you need to rethink your life and your priorities. WTF?

What, no altar to sacrifice Samsung tablets and Android phones to their god?

I'm surprised the cult of steve didn't erect a statue at their headquarters even before he died. It would have really fit with his 'brutal dictator' image that he tried so hard to perfect over the years.

Qjmcx.png

So this means Steve Jobs had bronze balls and not brass balls as many would have thought?

very shity... If someone named their kid Steve Jobs would Apple sue the parents? Hell they love to sue everybody over everything why not something like that.

BTW if i were making a statue of Mr. Jobs. bronze dildo with his name on it. Shit i might even make it a fountain. Any guesses where the water would be coming out?

i made a 6 inch brown statue of jobs this morning... then i flushed the toilet...

The left arm looks like it's getting ready to choke him.....must be made out of melted down PC parts :D That's the worst looking POS I've seen in quite some time.

Apple fanboys are creeping me out. What's next,someone finds his DNA and clones him?

Truth be told, one might expect an even larger, more deistic statue of Mr. Jobs. Something of the touchdown Jesus overlooking Rio de Janeiro, only lording over Silicon Valley.

(apologies to Christians, if I offend)

What, no altar to sacrifice Samsung tablets and Android phones to their god?

Those are not worthy sacrifices. The God of Steve would frown and smite you. Now a bunch of useless Android Fanbois, that would be a worthy sacrifice.

Do you guys ever go outside? Like to a public park? My local parks are full of statues of jokers who didn't do anything even comparable to Steve Jobs (regardless of what you think of him). Everyone and their grandma has a statue these days. This shouldn't even be news, other than the fact that the statue itself seems poorly made and doesn't look that much like him.

This is sad... its like they don't even know who Steve Jobs was. The man was a businessman who peddled a product and was completely full of himself. He didn't even create the iPhone or iPod etc. He saw it was a good product and then created a cult out of it. Sorry but, wheres the Dennis Ritchie statue? Someone who actually created something that the world uses daily to build programs for computers.

Some people need to re-evaluate their... everything.

Oh i feel this way

Do you guys ever go outside? Like to a public park? My local parks are full of statues of jokers who didn't do anything even comparable to Steve Jobs (regardless of what you think of him). Everyone and their grandma has a statue these days. This shouldn't even be news, other than the fact that the statue itself seems poorly made and doesn't look that much like him.

Usually, statues are built for those that gave back to the community. Like Vladimir Lenin.

Usually, statues are built for those that gave back to the community. Like Vladimir Lenin.

I guess I am unlucky then. We have loads of statues of people who did nothing for the community besides accumulate enough wealth to commission a statue of themselves before they died. I'd welcome a Steve Jobs statue because at least it would be commissioned by someone other than the person the statue looks like.

I guess I am unlucky then. We have loads of statues of people who did nothing for the community besides accumulate enough wealth to commission a statue of themselves before they died. I'd welcome a Steve Jobs statue because at least it would be commissioned by someone other than the person the statue looks like.

How much would it cost me to get a statue of myself in your city?

Ironic that the man who helped pioneer the digital age is being immortalized in bronze.

There was a software company where I used to live in the early 00s that had a giant chrome Knight slaying a dragon in front of their building. In fact it may still be there. It's their money so people are going to do what they want to with it.

Next, hundreds of thousands take a religious walk to the statue to pray to their god.

Where is Bart Simpson when you need him to steal the head of a statue?

Watch the video again from about 1:20 on. I'm pretty sure this guy is just having them build a statue of himself as Steve Jobs.

How much would it cost me to get a statue of myself in your city?
Be sure to have the head looking off in one insignificant direction and a hand pointing off in another insignificant direction, that way people will stand there all day trying to figure out where your statue is looking and pointing! :D (not unlike a "good" band album cover)

Those are not worthy sacrifices. The God of Steve would frown and smite you. Now a bunch of useless Android Fanbois, that would be a worthy sacrifice.

Wrong again. To go with true apple teachings they would rather to Sacrifice APPLE produces at the alter, so you have to buy the same shit all over again!

This is sad... its like they don't even know who Steve Jobs was. The man was a businessman who peddled a product and was completely full of himself. He didn't even create the iPhone or iPod etc. He saw it was a good product and then created a cult out of it. Sorry but, wheres the Dennis Ritchie statue? Someone who actually created something that the world uses daily to build programs for computers.

Some people need to re-evaluate their... everything.

Oh i feel this way

When People like this exist, neither do I

Back