Using The Kinect To Track Shoppers?

Love the ghetto can pyramid as a Kinnect mount....;) Somehow I dont's see this taking off at all.... It doesn't matter what people "touch" first.... It only matters what they buy, and that's already being tracked by the cash register.........

Love the ghetto can pyramid as a Kinnect mount....;) Somehow I dont's see this taking off at all.... It doesn't matter what people "touch" first.... It only matters what they buy, and that's already being tracked by the cash register.........

Indeed. Even if people do pick something up; well.. How many times have you seen an SD card laying among the marshmallows for example.

I believe the thinking behind this is better understand of shopper's behavior. That influences product placement which is basically the study of how to get shoppers to buy products they may not normally buy.

I believe the thinking behind this is better understand of shopper's behavior. That influences product placement which is basically the study of how to get shoppers to buy products they may not normally buy.

Just go to Youtube and search for "Black Friday" and you'll see exactly what the "shopper's behavior" is when a monetary incentive (discount) is presented.....;):D

I don't see how this is any different than just looking at security camera footage to see what people are grabbing, looking at, how much time they spend there. But then again most security cameras' footage looks like ass.

I don't see how this is any different than just looking at security camera footage to see what people are grabbing, looking at, how much time they spend there. But then again most security cameras' footage looks like ass.

This makes the tracking anonymous. Plus the tracking can be mapped by software as opposed to having to watch a recording of a shopper.

Maybe I am missing something but everything you buy gets rung up at the check out anyway (unless you steal it of course). I am assuming this is how they predict future inventory needs etc..

Back