Battlefield 3 DLC Trailer

Call of Duty has been doing it for years.

Actually, it is more like $60 + $15-20 for each map b/c we all know what the cod deal is.

Anyway, cool. Look forward to some new visuals. Preorder ftw. the only preorder I have made in recent memory.

Free For now... give it 2 more months and another map pack will come with 4 more maps for another $15 and this time everyone will be paying.

Free For now... give it 2 more months and another map pack will come with 4 more maps for another $15 and this time everyone will be paying.

I look forward to it. Considering $15 is less than 3 beers + tip I have while watching a football game at a local bar, paying $15 for 4 maps that I'll enjoy for tens or hundreds of hours is a bargain.

But I look forward to yet another thread full of people with $2,000+ tied into their hardware complaining about the difference between $50-$60 games and quality DLC. (Note, the quality part.)

When you actually make a good game.. you will get my money for more maps -- if it is justified.

There are maps other than caspian boarder!? Wth how come no one told me???

$15 for 4 remade BF2 maps seems like a bit much, doesn't it?

Well it's actually 4 remade BF2 maps, a new/old game mode Conquest Assault, 10 new weapons, and several new vehicles such as the F-35. I would say this is worthy of the title "Expansion Pack".

I didn't realize it was a new game mode...what is "Conquest assault"?

The thing in BF2 where it's conquest but one team starts with a bunch of points and other starts with more tickets but starts at a chokepoint or on a carrier or whatever. One team is defending and one team is attacking basically.

The thing in BF2 where it's conquest but one team starts with a bunch of points and other starts with more tickets but starts at a chokepoint or on a carrier or whatever. One team is defending and one team is attacking basically.

Interesting, I don't remember that but I like the concept. Somewhat like rush, I do like the more clear attack/defend objectives.

And why not? BF2 had 1 expack called Special Forces for $30 (had 9 maps and tons new vehicles and weapons), and 2 "Booster packs" (aka DLC) called EuroForce and Armored Fury that each had 3 maps, a couple new vehicles and weapons and cost $15 each. All this was in 2005-2006 before COD made DLC ubiquitous.

I didn't know there was any way NOT to buy the limited edition on PC? Thought all versions sold were?

I am not against dlc. A recent example is I purchased the Deus Ex expansion and loved it. However when it comes to multiplayer games that release a map pack with so few maps right after the game just came out, I believe those maps should have been included in the original game. I come from the days of games like Unreal releasing a game and then six months to a year later, they release a huge map pack for free to keep you interested in the game. I was always amazed that those packs were free, because I would have happily paid for them.

Yes, this will help mull over the countless problems people have had with the game and support for the game, up to, including, and exceeding getting banned, losing access to accounts, and losing access to games they legally paid for.

Fuck EA, Fuck Battlefield 3, and fuck this obsession with rip-off DLC, you guys who want this are tools and are ruining the industry. Battlefield 1942 was a shining victory in gaming, and now it's come to this. What a pile of shit.

Oh, and I played _plenty_ of the beta before you criticise me. Aparantly fixing flashlights is something not to be done after a beta.

Yes, this will help mull over the countless problems people have had with the game and support for the game, up to, including, and exceeding getting banned, losing access to accounts, and losing access to games they legally paid for.

Fuck EA, Fuck Battlefield 3, and fuck this obsession with rip-off DLC, you guys who want this are tools and are ruining the industry. Battlefield 1942 was a shining victory in gaming, and now it's come to this. What a pile of shit.

Oh, and I played _plenty_ of the beta before you criticise me. Aparantly fixing flashlights is something not to be done after a beta.

BF 1942 didn't have DLC but it had 2 expansion packs which is in essence similar to DLC. It was more maps and more vehicles but it was also more money. I really don't see the difference as I still had to have all of the expansion for 1942 because I loved all the maps. Well secret weapons not so much but was still fun ad brought to many new vehicles not to have.

I am not against dlc. A recent example is I purchased the Deus Ex expansion and loved it. However when it comes to multiplayer games that release a map pack with so few maps right after the game just came out, I believe those maps should have been included in the original game. I come from the days of games like Unreal releasing a game and then six months to a year later, they release a huge map pack for free to keep you interested in the game. I was always amazed that those packs were free, because I would have happily paid for them.

Well, these maps/weapons/vehicles/gametype/missions were supposed to be a pre-order bonus, but they got delayed. They're free to anyone that bought the limited edition (which was the same price as the regular version). If you bought the game early enough to be able to complain about the map pack coming out so quickly, then you get it for free anyway.

Nobody will judge you when you finally join in the fun and get this awesome game.

Well, they probly will but I won't. :D

I didn't know there was any way NOT to buy the limited edition on PC? Thought all versions sold were?

I did see a couple sites selling the regular version, but it was pretty rare. They were only about $40 though, which is pretty cheap for a new AAA game.

I did see a couple sites selling the regular version, but it was pretty rare. They were only about $40 though, which is pretty cheap for a new AAA game.

Wow. So its actually slightly cheaper to get a standard edition at $40 and the DLC at $15 for a total of $55

After 113hrs of game play it is getting to be a lot of fun. A new patch came out today that fixed a few things, like banning many aim botters.

Can't wait to drive the fork lift .....Fork lift FTW!

It's been a while, but are the battleships still usable in terms of using the guns and moving it closer to land?

ps3 gets it first? whats up with that?
$$$

Yup Yup.. Should be no complaints.. People had there shot at it free. No one to blame but themselves.
I am not sure if I agree with holding game content hostage for money unless you agree to buy the game before it's even released. Not all consumers are going to gobble up what EA sold them.

I played the game for several hours last week, then switched back to BC2 and skyrim because of the horrific amount of aimbots, wallhacks, and general game/battlelog bugs. I'm glad I only wasted $30 instead of the $60 they wanted for the game before release.

I voiced my reservations on this and other internet forums, and was greeted with a chorus of "it works perfectly fine" and "battle log is great". Now that I've googled my issues and found others having the same problems, it seems like people were either lying to me or to themselves about the quality of the game.

In my hours of play, it became clear to me that EA does not give two shits about balance, community, quality assurance, and (with the re-release of old maps for $15) continued support of the game. Unless, of course, you keep tossing them money.

The EA Defense Force doesn't share my opinion, I'm sure, but I know what I expected from the game and it has most certainly not delivered.

Looking forward to these maps. I think these maps will be better then some of the BF3 standard maps. :D

Wow. So its actually slightly cheaper to get a standard edition at $40 and the DLC at $15 for a total of $55

Well that was the pre-order price, so I doubt you can still get it for $40. The same site had the Limited Edition for $50 so it was still a better deal to get LE.

That looks like a map I played in Battlefield 1942 at least 7 years ago

Back