Playing Skyrim As A Pacifist

try something like that in witcher 2 and you get eaten, then raped, then eaten again.

LOL!

There is no way I could play as a pacifist. Hell, if I run into a NPC wearing armor I like....DEAD. I don't care if I'm in the middle of a town..DEAD. Why buy it from the blacksmith when you can get it for free (or worse case scenario for a $31 fine and a little jail time?) :D

LOL!

There is no way I could play as a pacifist. Hell, if I run into a NPC wearing armor I like....DEAD. I don't care if I'm in the middle of a town..DEAD. Why buy it from the blacksmith when you can get it for free (or worse case scenario for a $31 fine and a little jail time?) :D

Man that's half the fun of the game! I remember in Morrowind I built an evil character...great memories of approaching a town from a hundred yards away and hearing all the footsteps of every guard in the town running to get me. :D

That was pretty cool. I enjoy skewering of my enemies and feeling their final breaths on my warrior's skin too much to adopt Felix's peaceful approach to Skyrim.

LOL!

I guess you haven't seen the screenshots of naked soldiers walking around because they had been completely and utterly pickpocketed?

Speaking of pacifism, I just yesterday finished playing through Jedi Academy (yeah, it's old, but still plenty of fun). Near the end of the game, I got so tired of running around zapping all the bad guys that I just started running past all the dark jedi. Just like this video, the mobs all got bunched up behind me, which occasionally made things a big hectic. They got so crowded at times that they occasionally (and accidentally) ended up slicing each other up.

Of course, as much as I could, I prefer force-pushing baddies off ledges, or jumping over them and force-pulling them (a hundred feet) into the air, to fall to their deaths. Never. Gets. Old.

LOL!

LOL!

That reminds me of when my wife was playing morrowind and she sold some shirts that she was supposed to deliver while on a quest. Her character was marked with mark of zenithar which basically makes it impossible to trade with anyone. So she had to backtrack and find who she sold those shirts too. Oh that poor merchant who was wearing the shirt she sold him didn't even see it coming.. haha.

Pretty sure murder is like a 1000 gold fine.

Is it wrong that I want to see someone play it where THEY KILL EVERYTHING? :D

Already tried, turns out you can't kill some NPCs (Jarl) so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I figured once I got my dude to max everything then I would give it another go.

Already tried, turns out you can't kill some NPCs (Jarl) so I'm not sure what I'm going to do. I figured once I got my dude to max everything then I would give it another go.

A mod should come out eventually to enable killing "essential" NPCs.

I read an interesting essay once where a guy described his experience killing every single character in Fallout 3. It started as a curios adventure and became a disturbing psychological oddyssey. Just Googled and couldn't find it though.

It's neat that you can play like that. I personally don't understand the point of alteration, illusion and such such. Why conjure up a skeleton to fight for you when you can just mace the enemy or use destruction spells? I guess it's good to have the option, but it never seems that using buffs and debuffs does anything but complicates things.

It's neat that you can play like that. I personally don't understand the point of alteration, illusion and such such. Why conjure up a skeleton to fight for you when you can just mace the enemy or use destruction spells? I guess it's good to have the option, but it never seems that using buffs and debuffs does anything but complicates things.

Because summoned creatures draw aggro away from you while you wale on them with Destruction spells. ;)

Speaking of pacifism, I just yesterday finished playing through Jedi Academy (yeah, it's old, but still plenty of fun). Near the end of the game, I got so tired of running around zapping all the bad guys that I just started running past all the dark jedi. Just like this video, the mobs all got bunched up behind me, which occasionally made things a big hectic. They got so crowded at times that they occasionally (and accidentally) ended up slicing each other up.

Of course, as much as I could, I prefer force-pushing baddies off ledges, or jumping over them and force-pulling them (a hundred feet) into the air, to fall to their deaths. Never. Gets. Old.

+1 internets to you, sir!

Because...Felix the cat doesn't even kill the undead

priceless. That is pretty cool. He should get extra XP for that and a special item that turns everyone into little fuzzy bunnies.

It really is amazing that this game would even allow you to progress anywhere at all doing something like this, shows how great it is and how much it lets you take on your own path

LOL!

I'm having fun with this game.

I assassinated the cousin of the wedding that was getting married, on her wedding day, at the wedding with an arrow to the face.

I got caught, I thought I was going to fail the mission, nope, just had to pay a $1000 fine. LOL.

I do find it strangely humorous and a unfitting though. Simply kill a wandering chicken in a town and they whole town tries to kill you like it was a mortal sin.... slaughter royalty at their wedding, just pay your fine and off you go. heh.

cant edit, should be: assassinated the cousin of the emperor.

At lvl 40 I started killing a lot of NPC's around the towns and generally anyone who displeased me. I just got tired of people giving me quests and demanding I run all over the land for them before they will do something for me. I'm the freaking Dragonwarrior! I killed like 20 dragons already these NPC's should be thanking the Gods when they see me and throw their magical loot in my direction. I even had to kill most of my Companions Guild guys because they kept trying to arrest me but it's bugged so they just talk to me nonstop.

Hmm can the game even be completed as a pacifist character? I think there are a few quests I did that absolutely required you to kill the boss guy to get the item I needed to continue or you'd be stuck in the room with the boss forever with no way out.

At lvl 40 I started killing a lot of NPC's around the towns and generally anyone who displeased me. I just got tired of people giving me quests and demanding I run all over the land for them before they will do something for me. I'm the freaking Dragonwarrior! I killed like 20 dragons already these NPC's should be thanking the Gods when they see me and throw their magical loot in my direction. I even had to kill most of my Companions Guild guys because they kept trying to arrest me but it's bugged so they just talk to me nonstop.
So like life...

Hmm can the game even be completed as a pacifist character?

I haven't played Skyrim yet, so that's what I was wondering. Most games you can't. Deus Ex was one of the exceptions where you could get through without killing.

Pretty amusing, I think if I ever got into MMORPGs again I'd want this guy tagging along on raids for the sarcastic comic relief. :p

It's a neat idea, but you could never complete the game. You need, as far as I can tell where I am in teh main quest line, to kill dragons.

A mod should come out eventually to enable killing "essential" NPCs.

You can already do this with console commands, same way you can set followers to be immortal, just in reverse. However, doing so will severely break the game, so I wouldn't recommend it.

Ha the pacifist thing is a pretty cool concept. Pretty unique style. You are required to kill, though, in order to complete the main story as well as some of the bigger side quests, so unfortunately its impossible to complete the game as a pacifist...

...unless of course the kill command in the console doesn't count as an actual kill. Hmmm...

Should've played an Imperial so he gets the Voice of the Emperor to calm people (and things?) down.

After reaching a very high skill level in Morrowind and Oblivion, I generally quit killing everything in my path because it became a nuisance. Early on, I'd kill the undead, monsters and vicious animals for their weapons, pelts or gems. Needed the cash to pay for stuff. After a while, it was more fun to sneak and pinch pockets. Especially with some kind of cloak gem.

I'm having fun with this game.

I assassinated the cousin of the wedding that was getting married, on her wedding day, at the wedding with an arrow to the face.
OK, let me try:

"I use to be engaged, then I took an arrow to the face."

This video was actually pretty neat. I loved the panic in his voice as he was trying to get out of those caves. Killing them would have been easy and he could have escaped, but no, he did it the hard way and had a more enriching experience! Killing everything in your path takes no brains. This, on the other hand, requires though, and foresight. Even if he winds up having to kill something, this is still one of the best play through ideas I've seen.

Back