Awesome BIOS Splash Screen of the Day

I never use splash screens I rather have black and white Boot text telling me what is going on like old motherboards.

its cooler looking too.

intel_penryn_45_nm_bios_boot_4_00ghz.png

Didn't ASUS have a BIOS tool where you could design your own BIOS splash screen a while back? I used to have a lot of fun with it. That's a nice splash screen there.

Didn't ASUS have a BIOS tool where you could design your own BIOS splash screen a while back? I used to have a lot of fun with it. That's a nice splash screen there.

Yes they did. I could never get it to work and honestly i prefer the Bios spam

all i see is a long ass boot time... just kidding pretty cool no but seriously long boot time.

I'll have to post what I use for my BIOS splash screen & Windows Login Screen. Its nice to have the ability to theme & present a system as one's own. :)

all i see is a long ass boot time... just kidding pretty cool no but seriously long boot time.

I think he paused the splash screen. You can usually pause your POST screen by hitting the Pause key by your Print Screen key

They still do, I use it on all my asus boards because the stock asus image always looks like the front of the mobo box with a bunch ad looking pictures.

What chip is in that rig?

The boot up sequence shows: "AMD Engineering Sample"

So how do we do this on our PCs?

Someone mentioned an ASUS tool. would this only work on ASUS boards? Isnt AsRock aprt of ASUS? Would it work on those?

As a former BIOS guy, I used to have to have to customize BIOS splash screens all the time. I was never in a place where we had standard (AMI, Phoenix) tools, everything was custom ROM BIOS (Compaq, Dell). There used to be a significant amount of BIOS tools floating around (google cbrom), but it looks like the owner of the system in question may have some proprietary (i.e., paid for) tools.

Its server hardware, my asus 2P takes forever as well.

Having suffered in Dell's server group as a BIOS guy, I can tell you its because ECC RAM requires 00's to be written to the entirety of memory prior to boot (this is necessary for it to detect errors). This process takes a long, long time if you have a lot of memory. BIOS folks mess around with various algorithms to do it quickly. My favorite/fatest I found was to hand assemble MMX instructions to perform quad-word moves. About every 6 months, my management would ask about how we could improve boot speed for large ECC machines. I don't miss those days for a moment.

I always wanted one of those awesome animated boot screens like in Hackers. Much cooler.

This is a little like Cloverfield, only rather than some gargantuan beast we're just watching gargantuan load time.

Yes. It's called ASUS My Logo 2.

The dude in the video needs a better setup, his current one takes way too long to boot up which isn't very [H] like at all, logo or not.

Agreed.

I'm fully booted and logged in under 40 seconds no time to even bother with a splash screen

I think he paused the splash screen. You can usually pause your POST screen by hitting the Pause key by your Print Screen key

Really...... I hope your joking because i was! if your not what next santa and the easter bunny are not real;)

Really...... I hope your joking because i was! if your not what next santa and the easter bunny are not real;)

It was a suggestion. Someone else mentioned it was a server, which I've missed. I'm not sure where you're going with that comment.

rofl...
Harbringer eats SR-2s for breakfast
read sig
as noted I purposely made it take longer to boot....

It is probably the fastest personally owned rig in all of [H].

I love out DC guys :cool:

So how do we do this on our PCs?

Someone mentioned an ASUS tool. would this only work on ASUS boards? Isnt AsRock aprt of ASUS? Would it work on those?

Gigabyte boards have the same thing as well, called "Face Wizard". In college, a PC shop I worked for had their logo on every bios startup for the machines they built, via Face Wizard.

Back