Mall Has Kids Skype Santa Instead of Visiting in Person

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
In a Toronto mall, Santa is becoming the Skype Santa for the kids this year instead of the normal lap sitting Santa of yesteryear. Could this new incarnation of Santa catch on elsewhere in this digital age? Visualize doing everything for Christmas from your computer: You can buy all of your presents already wrapped online and have them delivered to your door, send all of your Xmas cards electronically, and now, have your kids visit personally with Santa via Skype. Scrooge would approve: Bah! Humbug. :D

Marketing director Meredith Vlitas says the reason for Santa's new Skype account is that the mall wanted to create an experience that would be more fun for parents and their kids

That's complete bull, the reason the Eaton Centre doesn't have a real Santa display is that they have so many kiosks in the mall that they can't fit one in at all. This is totally disgraceful. For any disappointed children, I hear Scarborough Town Centre (also in Toronto) has Santa this year.

That's complete bull, the reason the Eaton Centre doesn't have a real Santa display is that they have so many kiosks in the mall that they can't fit one in at all. This is totally disgraceful. For any disappointed children, I hear Scarborough Town Centre (also in Toronto) has Santa this year.

8000 mobile phone kiosks? 1 too many eye brow plucking kiosks? Or perhaps the annoying fuckers selling those toys (whatever they may be) who think its great to fling them in your direction.

Well at least Santa's won't be accused of molestation anymore, unless it turns into a Santa Chatroulette

8000 mobile phone kiosks? 1 too many eye brow plucking kiosks? Or perhaps the annoying fuckers selling those toys (whatever they may be) who think its great to fling them in your direction.

lol, they used miscellaneous empty space by putting up gigantic reindeer around the mall. Not that many kiosks in the larger open spaces where a display could be placed.

eatonDSC_8626.jpg

Looked better without it imo:

christmas_tree_eaton_centre.jpg

I hope some kid walks up and Santa's head turns into a nice looking, talking titty on the monitor. Annonomous should be able to handle something like that. :p

Generally I hate malls, but the Eaton Centre is decent to look at in every way.

Back