Tetris for iOS Re-launches with New Fees & Subscriptions

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Tetris is re-launching on iOS with added features: That is the good news. The bad news is a new pricing structure for the game by Electronic Arts is not being well received at all. Matter of fact, it’s raising a bit of a stink with the dedicated players and with good reason.

The latest version of the game brings along some new features, such as a “Galaxy Mode” and a “Marathon One-Touch Mode,” which was created specifically with touchscreen gamers in mind.

WTF? I just bought Tetris for my Windows Phones last week when it was on sale, kind of expensive at $3, Windows Phone games are the pricey side. But $30 a year to play this on a tablet or phone. No.

Greed, nothing more, nothing less. I hate EA and I make sure that anyone I come into contact with, when appropriate, I tell them how bad EA sucks.

I just got an email the other day saying that popcap games was bought by EA or something and that there were changes to my account. Not even sure what that about.

Money isn't everything. These people that have tons of cash can honestly tell others, "no thanks, not interested" What's wrong with having a business that employ's people, pays them a good wage and provides a good values service to customers WITHOUT some slimy wormy company coming along, buying that company, fucking all the employees over and raising prices?

I just got an email the other day saying that popcap games was bought by EA or something and that there were changes to my account. Not even sure what that about.

That happened in July 2011. I'm guessing the email is something like this, where they are notifying you that "no earlier than January 2, 2012, EA will be assuming responsibility for PopCap’s user information" and Popcap is giving you the option of "no thanks, I don't want EA to know my info so delete it". At least you've got the option instead of it happening whether you like it or not.

Wasn't Tetris like $20 for the Gameboy? I know I already commented, but this is stupid. Plus I'm drunk.

Users who don’t opt into the T-Club are required to log into Origins, the software’s social component that is also the only other way to save one’s scores in the game.

The game also packs new social components and in-app T-Coin purchases for extras and power-ups, which some users will enjoy and others will despise.

What the fuck kind of Tetris is this!?!??? Extras? Powerups? Are there fucking rocket launchers and oil spills?????? Have to save a score online??? Can't write literally a kilobyte of information to the device???

Tetris was easily the SIMPLEST game that existed on Nintendo (NES). Thats why is was so great. Thats why people like the in-browser or hell even the Microsoft Excel version. Because it was easy to get into and it didn't matter if you needed to shut it off at a moments notice.

subscription for Call of Duty on a game console was questions, but subscription for Tetris on a cell phone is fucking stupid beyond stupid.

EA went full retard on this, I'm sorry.

Stolen from the NeoGaf thread:
4FjrC.png

Back