CS: Global Offensive Beta Gameplay Footage

Not bad for a free game. I'll download it and play it just for a small taste of nostalgia. Don't even compare this game to BF3 or MW3 this it wasn't intended for that.

Been playing since beta 1.0 back since 1999 (I think). Great to see it still going

I see that the folks handling the reload animations have still yet to fire an actual gun.

After listening to BF3's audio, the audio is this game is marginal at best. Sounds like they are shooting guns in a school hallway.
Looks fun for a few hours until you play something else more engaging. I get it when it drops below $15 like Portal 2 did, if then.

I see that the folks handling the reload animations have still yet to fire an actual gun.

Thank goodness all that realistic BS can stick to BF3 and MW. This is exactly what I want. CS:S with nicer graphics.

It's the same exact game that we've all played years ago. I know that masturbation doesn't get old, but games do, and this game is oooooooooooooooooooooooooold.

garbage. CS was never about graphics, not sure how they missed that. I don't have fun playing the original C&C for graphics, it's nostolgia; graphics not required (kickass music is).

Yup...looks like Counter-Strike :rolleyes:

I'll be sure to not care about that tired old dog just as much when this new collar is put on it as I do now.

garbage. CS was never about graphics, not sure how they missed that. I don't have fun playing the original C&C for graphics, it's nostolgia; graphics not required (kickass music is).

Must be a COD MW3 fan then... :p

As a counter strike fan, I'm pretty excited for this game. Haters gonna hate and all that.

So its Counter-Strike Source with a console interface....ill pass

BOOOOOO a PC port to a console then back to a PC port... :( hope valve remembers that PC made CS possible...

you can tell this was done in xbox because of the lack of vertical movement...

Well I was hoping that earlier footage was just old and didnt show the actual game. Now I see this and I am disappointed. I dont want a CS:S mod.

Graphics? You don't play ANY CS for the graphics you play it for the game play and tight controls which it has in spades.

These old and classic maps better be laid to rest. This seems so irrelevant now. Besides there is "CS" inside BF3, just load up deathmatch games. It does everything CS did and better, if you neglect the respawning (I know, it´s a biggie).

What interests me the most about this game is it is supposed to be "cross platform" compatible. So we'll finally see who is more dominate and end all the debating of which is better for FPS games, keyboard+mouse or XBOX 360/PS3 controller toys.

Everyone complaining about the games sounds not being realistic or "the same old maps" are missing the point. This IS the competitive fps, there's a reason why 1.6 still has the biggest competitive scene and still uses mostly the same maps for over 10 years now.

It's because its THE competitive fps......you don't see the NFL and NBA changing the "map" each season do you? Not to mention that I'm sure that plenty of new competitive maps will be released when the game is released. There will also be a ton of custom maps/game modes/mods released for this game just like CSS.

With built in 5v5 ELO match making and smaller hitboxes/1.6 styled recoil this will be a day 1 purchase for me and should be for any competitive fpser.

I got tired of CS when I grew up and stopped tea-bagging 14 year old's in video games. This is just more lipstick on a pig using the same tired maps.

What interests me the most about this game is it is supposed to be "cross platform" compatible. So we'll finally see who is more dominate and end all the debating of which is better for FPS games, keyboard+mouse or XBOX 360/PS3 controller toys.

THis is the main reason why I'm excited. It has to be just good enough to rope all my COD/BF console buddies that for some retarded reason think that the gamepad is BETTER than the keyboard/mouse combo. When the pwning starts, it wont be pretty. Every PC player will be deemed a hacker. I will give it one month of fun before the consolers completely drop it in favor for BF3 or MW3.

you either get the appeal of counter strike or you don't.

I want the classic maps never to change.

The community makes a ton of great maps to play for fun.

So its Counter-Strike Source with a console interface....ill pass

Hopefully it'll still have the buy by # or buy script options just like 1.6. The interface is pretty standard, although I was hoping for a bit more on the graphics end. Gameplay and physics look pretty solid and fairly close to 1.6.

Why are people comparing this to CoD or BF garbage? CS is the quintessential competitive FPS. No garbage vehicles no stupid ass leveling systems. I've been playing since beta 6 and haven't stopped (other than a few breaks). BF3 is boring and uncompetitive and so is CoD. Too much shit going on in either of these games and I haven't touch em after BF2 / CoD2.

Back