Black Friday Online Sales Up 24.3%

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Friday buyers weren't waiting for online sales on Cyber Monday this year. Not only was Black Friday the busiest ever for the brick and mortar stores, so were the online sales. Ecommerce was up across the board, now the trick is to keep the momentum going through Cyber Monday with great deals.

According to IBM’s study of 500 retailers, online sales on Friday were up 24.3% over last year

This is crazy to me, I know someone who was selling stuff and this year was horrible for them. I went looking for deals at B&M and saw nothing. I guess maybe I am not surprised because everything seemed to be at MSRP or close. Maybe they sold the same amount but just charged more for it. People seemed to be utterly stupid this year buying stuff at full price on BF.

Just look in our own Hot Deals forum people were not finding much really good.

i think the big difference this year was that many stores opened at midnight instead of 4-6 am

i think the big difference this year was that many stores opened at midnight instead of 4-6 am

I think this. My wife and her sisters were some of the loons that were waiting in line at midnight at places like Target and Kohls or whatever it was. They were out to 5AM!!! Good grief. And I thought I was a loser for staying glued to my computer, refreshing every 30 seconds after midnight on the day Bulldozer reviews were to be released.

But either way, they said everything was simply packed and standing room only. So it was kinda like it made it a "historic event" that made people wanna be in on it or something. Whatever it was, the strategy apparently worked.

Looks mixed to me.

We where on our way home around 9:15pm, and decided to stop by a mall that had a ToysRus (opened at 9:00pm) and a Best Buy (12:00). The lines where around the store, so we didn't bother.

Went back to the ToysRus the next day arounf 10:00 am, and while they where out of most the "limited" specials, the rest of the store shelves where still packed.
Then stopped at a Target around 11:00am, and they still have some "limited" specials, such as TV's, Wii's, etc. Store was pretty empty with short checkout lines. We found what we wanted, and were out of the store quickly.

This is crazy to me, I know someone who was selling stuff and this year was horrible for them. I went looking for deals at B&M and saw nothing. I guess maybe I am not surprised because everything seemed to be at MSRP or close. Maybe they sold the same amount but just charged more for it. People seemed to be utterly stupid this year buying stuff at full price on BF.

Just look in our own Hot Deals forum people were not finding much really good.

This is the year of pull the wool over the masses of people stupid enough to fall for it. Sale prices on new egg even were more expensive than the prices for the same items just two weeks ago. I bet they made a sales record.

Back