The Inside Perspective: The Future of Antec

HardOCP News

[H] News
PC Perspective has a new series called The Inside Perspective that will give you a behind the scenes look at the PC industry. The first TIP installment features a video interview with Antec's Communications Manager Jessie Lawrence, go check it out.

Antec was at one time the leader in enthusiast and gamer case design and much of what the company built years ago, like the P180 series, has endured years of modifications to remain relevant and these chassis remain some of the favorites of our staff. However, in the past several years, the case world has seen new entrants, new designs and new feature sets that Antec has been slow to adopt and as such they have fallen out of the leaders position in the mind-set of enthusiasts, even if they haven't in sales in revenue.

Nothing new with anything they have brought out so far, unless you count USB 3.0 ports, and painted interior as new?

It's an interviewtisement... I love the intro and the part about how a rectangular ATX case has remained relevant. :rolleyes:

alwasy looked at antec case's some were nice but i dont see my self geting any new case's for a long time im just in love with my coolermaster cosmos s got 2 of them lol

Nothing odd about it. Many of their current staple case designs remain some of the best ever.

The Sonata IV, like the III, the II, and the original always sell well. They are mostly jet black in a stylish professional way and are nearly silent.

And the 902 v3, the current incarnation of the 900, in my mind is still one of the best cases in existance. It has monster cooling and is just the ideal balance of size and weight.

I hate the 1200, too big and heavy. Their more outlandish designs are interesting to look at, but cost too much to actually try out.

I used their cases a lot for quite a few years, several years ago. Their NSK3480 made for a nice, smallish sized workstation case.

However, these days small is king, and I've transitioned to Silverstone SG-05s for nearly everything.

The problem is I bought my P180 probably 4 years ago and it hasn't broken or fallen apart yet. Its still plent big for my use. So basically I bought a good case that didn't have a trendy design at the time and I have had no reason to replace it yet. And the Antec fans I put in it haven't blow their bearings.

Good on them for not makeing disposable products :)

Please, Antec was never the "Leader" in enthusiast and gamer case design. They were merely popular with the casual DIYer before that DIYer found better quality and cheaper prices online.

Sure i had a few Antec cases over the years..before I knew better. Once I got introduced to companies like Lian-li, I quickly learned how over priced their low quality garbage cases are.

Now their PSU's are another story, they still produce some good ones. They still suffer from being more expensive then they are worth due to the whole retail thing, but they aren't bad.

Please, Antec was never the "Leader" in enthusiast and gamer case design. They were merely popular with the casual DIYer before that DIYer found better quality and cheaper prices online.

Sure i had a few Antec cases over the years..before I knew better. Once I got introduced to companies like Lian-li, I quickly learned how over priced their low quality garbage cases are.

Now their PSU's are another story, they still produce some good ones. They still suffer from being more expensive then they are worth due to the whole retail thing, but they aren't bad.

Antec cases....low quality garbage??? :confused:

Also regarding the "never the Leader in gamer case design" comment, I guess you don't remember this case?

AntecDragon001.jpg

Antec cases....low quality garbage??? :confused:

Yes they are..Quit buying your cases from Best buy and you will quickly learn this. You can get much sturdier cases made out of better materials for less money online. Entry level Lian-li cases for example are sub $100 and far higher quality than most of the "top" Antec cases that are nearly double the cost.

Don't get me wrong, I love some of Antec's stuff. However their cases are overpriced garbage, pure and simple.

Also regarding the "never the Leader in gamer case design" comment, I guess you don't remember this case?

AntecDragon001.jpg

It's just a chieftec dragon re-badged as an Antec 1080 AMG.

I know, I have one still in use today, lol.

Back