What if he not a usual troll, but is a bad trader who lies and costs you money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

DPOSCORP

[H]F Junkie
I sold someone a PC. He said it was broken and wanted a refund.
I issued him a partial refund to give him money to send it back, since he said he had no money. He still delayed sending it back. After getting it back, I give him a full refund.

He then lied some more, by leaving me a neutral heatware, and then posting in the thread below.

I am now out $40 for all the shipping, have a neutral on my heatware record of 10 years / 500+ evals, and am now discussed (although not by name directly) in the below below thread.

The entire story is in this post.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647336

I have contacted heatware and am awaiting their reply to see if I will be allowed to leave a negative, or if it will be deemed (in retaliation.)

I dont want anyone else to sell anything to this person, and end up in the same boat.

If you agree that I deserve a neutral, by all means speak up and explain yourself, since I think a lot of us long time traders will be hesitant in dealing with some traders in the future, knowing that even when we do our best to make things right, we can get dinged.

That really sucks man. I've dealt with you numerous times and I can attest to the fact that you're an incredibly top notch trader. Sorry about this, man :(

If it happened as you describe it I would say you deserve a positive rating, especially after the "I don't have enough money to ship it even after you sent me money for shipping" part.

If you made it right then he should either leave positive feedback or nothing at all neutral is just pointless for him to do. But if it makes you feel better the vast majority of people will overlook that one neutral since you have some many positives ;)

Sounds like you had it pretty rough. I've exchanged a message or two with compudocs over some items I've been trying to sell on and off about a disagreement with my pricing.

I'd also like to note that CompUDocs is the name of a business in my area, which is where the user of the same name is located. One can only assume the user is owner or has some correlation with the business. With occurrences such as what has been described here (and in the post in the other thread) it would make me wary as a customer to take my business to them.

Just from a buyer standpoint, as I have sold nothing here on [H], I personally would have left you a Positive Evaluation. Granted, the item may have had issues you didnt know about, but, once you were aware, you did everything in your power to rectify the issue including offering a full refund. On top of the refund, you also sent additional money to cover the cost of return shipping...in advance of the shipping! That alone should have gotten you a positive evaluation in my humble opinion as a buyer her on [H]....

I have had 4 deals here so far, and so far, all 4 sellers were top-notch and each deal went well. I hope to have some more delas in the future and I would also hope that a seller would go through as much trouble for me as you did in this prior deal...:cool:

i feel he is entitled to leave the feedback just as you are. you can always put in a respond to the feedback.

also is the reason you want to leave him negative because he left you neutral feekback?

if not then you can leave him whatever you feel is fair, just as he did.
but if the main reason you want to give him a negative is he messed up your perfect heat, i would say that is wrong.

i feel he is entitled to leave the feedback just as you are. you can always put in a respond to the feedback.

also is the reason you want to leave him negative because he left you neutral feekback?

if not then you can leave him whatever you feel is fair, just as he did.
but if the main reason you want to give him a negative is he messed up your perfect heat, i would say that is wrong.

If you get a chance, check this thread here; this is where he called me out.
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1647336

This is what I posted:
Your neutral heatware is the first non-postive I have received in over 10 years / 580+ deals.
You appear to have acted like a little kid and done it out of spite to put a blemish on my record. I can live with it if I have to, but I did contact HEATWARE and explain to them what you did, and prior to leaving you a NEGATIVE, explained to the I would not be leaving it in retaliation, but as a warning to future traders.
I plan to abide the heatware rules whatever they say.

More importantly, I have received multiple PMs telling me he did this to them.
It appears that after he leaves them a positive heat, they let it go. I would have done the same thing, except he just had to be a jerk, and not only leave me a neutral, but call me out. All he did was out him self as a poor trader that cost me $40 in shipping charges on $100 PC.

However, it is worth it if he is proven to be a troll.
Here is what I know:

1)At least 3 people sold him stuff, which he claimed were damaged upon arrival.

2)He either tried to get the seller to give a full or partial refund, or initiate a claim with the shipper.

3)2 of them gave him a partial refund and let it go. I asked for the PC to be shipped back.

Now, to throw some more gas on the fire, on the pms was very interesting.

I was told there is a repair business in the same city, WITH THE SAME NAME, as the user.

Is it possible he is using our parts for trouble shooting, AT OUR shipping COST?
I dont know, but traders here need to check his heat and the business website and decide.

Check these three links out and you decide.

http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=68888

http://compudocs.com/

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business...nd-repair/compudocs-in-loves-park-il-88009378

(D- BBB rating sounds about right for him lol)

I am not saying that it is him, but the business address in 9 minutes from his paypal address.

Even if the business is not him, the fact that he did this to 3 traders, and the fact that he lied multiple times to me leads me to believe something is going on.

Heck, I think even his neutral eval of me can be looked at as retaliatory, since I didn't fall into the trap of a partial refund.

The three deals I know about are all for complete PCs or Combos, around $125 in value, with a partial refund asked for or received for around a third of the sale price.

I have asked some of the other people who PM'd me, besides KWH, to post in the thread, but I dont know if they will.

This all seems to paint a not so good picture of compudocs, but thinking practically, how does he have 100% positive feedback over 859 transactions (heat + ebay) if he does things like this all the time? Maybe this is the first time he left negative/neutral feedback over it, thus prompting the seller to make public posts about it, which then lead to communication with others who he's done the same thing to?

Edit: Kind of off-topic, but is it just me, or is this scam of 'claim defect with product in attempt to get partial refund' becoming more and more common?

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a line to your listing with something like "Guaranteed non-DOA, but no partial-refunds will be given."

Last edited:
Unfortunately, this is the risk of selling. There are risks to buying and selling online, and the safest way to protect yourself is to not sell unfortunately. I've been selling more and more locally for these very reasons.

This all seems to paint a not so good picture of compudocs, but thinking practically, how does he have 100% positive feedback over 859 transactions (heat + ebay) if he does things like this all the time? Maybe this is the first time he left negative/neutral feedback over it, thus prompting the seller to make public posts about it, which then lead to communication with others who he's done the same thing to?

Edit: Kind of off-topic, but is it just me, or is this scam of 'claim defect with product in attempt to get partial refund' becoming more and more common?

Maybe it would be a good idea to add a line to your listing with something like "Guaranteed non-DOA, but no partial-refunds will be given."

you can either say guaranteed non DOA or sold as is.. though saying sold as is covers your ass more then saying it won't be DOA. i use to allow 3 days to return stuff if it was DOA but i quit doing that a while ago, i pretty much sell everything as is now because i got sick of dealing with people claiming things don't work and try to claim it was my fault.

To the op, you've nothing to worry about and I am almost positive heatware will void the nuetral heatware. Having one bad or fake heatware feedback is like having a small dead pixle on your screen. Though most of the time you forget about it or don't see it, it's the damn fact that it's still there. You can't act or try to ignore it. You did your part, everything pretty much by the book and he is still going to be immature about it. I don't think anyone should be selling anything to him.

Hope all goes well.

Problem is with PP or any payment processor with CC there is no such thing as AS IS. Have to agree that selling local is the way to go these days. Cold hard cash.

EBAY feedback as a buyer is almost completely worthless because sellers cannot leave negatives for buyers whatsoever. I will, however, throw Compudocs one bone there could be more than one person using his handle, like for example his kid.

you can either say guaranteed non DOA or sold as is.. though saying sold as is covers your ass more then saying it won't be DOA. i use to allow 3 days to return stuff if it was DOA but i quit doing that a while ago, i pretty much sell everything as is now because i got sick of dealing with people claiming things don't work and try to claim it was my fault.

Problem is with PP or any payment processor with CC there is no such thing as AS IS. Have to agree that selling local is the way to go these days. Cold hard cash.

EBAY feedback as a buyer is almost completely worthless because sellers cannot leave negatives for buyers whatsoever. I will, however, throw Compudocs one bone there could be more than one person using his handle, like for example his kid.

You can say DOA all you want, but the buyer can still file and win a claim with paypal.

Multiple people using the same screenname here is a bannable offense. If that's the case, he needs to GTFO.

I'm with you. It looks like hes using our Forsale/Trade forum to buy used parts for his business customers.

I always require proof that the items I sell don't work before any sort of refund goes into effect. I also insure expensive things in case of "damage during shipping" which you'd have to be able to prove to USPS/UPS in order to get a refund.

Multiple people using the same screenname here is a bannable offense. If that's the case, he needs to GTFO.

I don't think that's what he's saying. He's saying that the owner of the store's son could be the one using the store's name for whatever reason, and that the store/store owner has nothing to do with it.

I wonder if this the case. I sold him a 939 combo (939x2,MB,2GB DDR) back in February. He was upgrading a friend's system. He PM's about 1 week and half later telling me that everything was fine and his friend was up and running.

I wonder if this the case. I sold him a 939 combo (939x2,MB,2GB DDR) back in February. He was upgrading a friend's system. He PM's about 1 week and half later telling me that everything was fine and his friend was up and running.

I had contacted the Mods here and at Anandtech to check in to this guy.
MY HEATWARE IS BACK TO NORMAL BECAUSE IT IS CONFIRMED THAT HE IS A TROLL. BANNED MULTIPLE TIMES UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES AT ANANDTECH

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=617

The username in the bad traders link at Anandtech is DazedandConfused, with this heat.
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=16785

He used a few different emails, but the mail one (and the one he used with me) is:
[email protected]

Here is his current heatware, with the negative i left.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Only thru teamwork like this can we weed people out.
It was worth the $40 i lost to catch him.

I went through my paypal history, here's what I got from him. Wonder if somebody took his account.

pixel.gif
Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID # 4AC1696617509341N)
Business Name:
CompuDocs (The sender of this payment is Verified)Buyer email:
[email protected] Payment sent to:Me

Business Contact Information
Customer Service Email:
pixel.gif
[email protected]Customer Service Phone:
pixel.gif
815-636-0950
Amount received:
$80.00 USDFee amount:
-$2.62 USDNet amount:
$77.38 USD
Date:
Feb 17, 2011Time:
08:32:15 PSTStatus:
Completed
Subject:
939 combo on [H]F
Note:
Here is the payment for the 939 combo listed on [H]F
Payment type:
Instant

I went through my paypal history, here's what I got from him. Wonder if somebody took his account.

pixel.gif
Payment Received (Unique Transaction ID # 4AC1696617509341N)
Business Name:
CompuDocs (The sender of this payment is Verified)Buyer email:
[email protected] Payment sent to:Me

Business Contact Information
Customer Service Email:
pixel.gif
[email protected]Customer Service Phone:
pixel.gif
815-636-0950
Amount received:
$80.00 USDFee amount:
-$2.62 USDNet amount:
$77.38 USD
Date:
Feb 17, 2011Time:
08:32:15 PSTStatus:
Completed
Subject:
939 combo on [H]F
Note:
Here is the payment for the 939 combo listed on [H]F
Payment type:
Instant

Is that the info you were given by compudocs on this forum?
If so, then I think they are all connected to the same person, and same repair shop

This is from my paypal payment details.

Forgot to include the physical address:

CompuDocs
XXXXXXX
XXXXXX
XXXXXXX

Mods if any of this info is not allowed let me know and I'll remove it (or do it yourselves)

Yeah, personal info is not allowed...please don't post it here

Last edited by a moderator:
hmmm the address that i sent to was different
weird. same city though
different paypal address too

i sold 3 broken laptops that i found in the throw out pile at school to compudocs. he was really nice and gave me a very fair price considering only one of them posted and none of them booted to windows. paid quickly, never challenged the deal at all. this was probably a year or 2 ago though. sad to hear he decided to rip people off and get his account banned. from my experience i would have dealt with him again. also dealt with dpos a couple times, and would definitely trade with him again. :)

It is not uncommon for trolls to enlist friends in their area to receive packages for them. I have also seen cases where trolls have packages dropped off at abandoned places so they cannot be tracked.

Im going to send him a PM to let him know about this thread, so that he has a chance to respond if wants to....if he chooses not to, this will probably get locked in the next day or so.....no sense in having a party without the guest of honor

DPO I have dealt with you a lot locally and you always have a cool head about yourself it's why I like dealing with you. I get awesome deals from you, but not so awesome buy back pricing (lol just pulling your chain) Be well DPO

I had contacted the Mods here and at Anandtech to check in to this guy.
MY HEATWARE IS BACK TO NORMAL BECAUSE IT IS CONFIRMED THAT HE IS A TROLL. BANNED MULTIPLE TIMES UNDER DIFFERENT NAMES AT ANANDTECH

http://forums.anandtech.com/showthread.php?t=617

The username in the bad traders link at Anandtech is DazedandConfused, with this heat.
http://www.heatware.com/eval.php?id=16785

He used a few different emails, but the mail one (and the one he used with me) is:
[email protected]

Here is his current heatware, with the negative i left.

Thanks for all the input everyone. Only thru teamwork like this can we weed people out.
It was worth the $40 i lost to catch him.

Hey CompuDocs, you called down the thunder. Well, now you've got it! :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back