Transformer Prime, when and how much?

sasquatch182

Limp Gawd
When are they going to release the transformer prime?
Any idea what the prices are going to be?

It will ship late December - maybe. It's 32Gb and 64GB, $500 and $600 respectively - without dock. It was live on Friday - I have it on pre-order, Amazon. Amazon says it will NOT arrive by Dec 25.

It will ship late December - maybe. It's 32Gb and 64GB, $500 and $600 respectively - without dock. It was live on Friday - I have it on pre-order, Amazon. Amazon says it will NOT arrive by Dec 25.
Link please.

He says hes getting that information via his Amazon pre-order, so unless hes able to link you his pre order you wont be getting a link.

Wasn't there when I posted. Looking into this further, it looks like the product page on Amazon was posted on Friday and pulled over the weekend. Now it's back.

Now it says that there is no estimated delivery date. Here's hoping that the earlier notice (not delivering until after December 25th) was a mistake.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wasn't there when I posted. Looking into this further, it looks like the product page on Amazon was posted on Friday and pulled over the weekend. Now it's back.

Now it says that there is no estimated delivery date. Here's hoping that the earlier notice (not delivering until after December 25th) was a mistake.

Just typed "amazon transformer prime" into google. Not sure.

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
The rumor is Dec 5th for the Prime, and Dec 16th for the dock... my TF201 is on preorder with TigerDirect....

Has anyone else who has an Amazon Prime account been using them less because they use OnTrac as their delivery service? Maybe it's just me.... I hate OnTrac.... I buy a *hit-ton of 'toys' on Amazon because it's convenient (App + Stored CC # + next day shipping = win) and i'm impulsive like that....and the convenience has always trumped the fact that they charge me sales tax.... BUT..... with OnTrac + saving $ on sales tax = fail for Amazon...

Right now I have a pulse ox (with full-color OLED display!) and a handheld 3-lead ECG in my cart, but just thinking about OnTrac makes me not want to pull the trigger.... </rant>

Pre-ordered mine today on Amazon. Went with a dark grey 32GB. Just two more weeks to go now. :)

Only thing holding me back is that there is no gps built in. Why can't they just add a cheap gps chip and antenna? (My playbook wifi has a working gps chip)

Only thing holding me back is that there is no gps built in. Why can't they just add a cheap gps chip and antenna? (My playbook wifi has a working gps chip)

Extra cost to an already expensive product I'm guessing.

looks like you cant preorder on amazon now. shows unavailable. also gamestop lists release date as 11/28.

EDIT: gamestop shows 12/8 now

Last edited:
looks like you cant preorder on amazon now. shows unavailable. also gamestop lists release date as 11/28.

Here's to impulse buying!

In_before_the_lock_by_dantiscus.gif

Ugh. My Amazon pre-order is showing a ship date of "after December 25th". Hope that isn't correct.

As much as I hated to,I pre ordered via GS..They include 5 games also..Im a little concerned by the..

New Android(TM) Tablet Customized by GameStop Includes:

Free Digital Games:
Dead Space
Re-Load
Sonic CD
Monster Madness
Riptide GP
Cordy
Kongregate Arcade App

Im hoping its not some GS bloatware installed..Although at least it will familiarize me with the"uninstall"function.. :)

I can't imagine GS will have enough time to really add bloatware to this. Just hope they don't have employees opening these boxes and messing around with them before hand. They tend to do things like that.

They keep hyping the prime on Facebook but they can't announce a release date. Get on with it already. Yes, it looks great. Yes we want it. Yes we'll pay. Now give the d### thing already.

They keep hyping the prime on Facebook but they can't announce a release date. Get on with it already. Yes, it looks great. Yes we want it. Yes we'll pay. Now give the d### thing already.

QFT

Seriously... tons of folks who preordered want to know when their toys will ship.

No gps? Then does it have Bluetooth? If so, you can link it to an external gps receiver....which is actually better than having a built in gps receiver....

No gps? Then does it have Bluetooth? If so, you can link it to an external gps receiver....which is actually better than having a built in gps receiver....

Weird, I heard this same rumor with the original Transformer. It had GPS...

What exactly, apart from a faster SOC and slightly lighter weight, is the advantage of this over a Transformer 1/EEE-Pad? I'd like to upgrade, but this is really one of those items where my "what's the point?" logic is pummeling my "me want pretty toy now" desire.

If I do get one, I very likely won't get the keyboard this time. While it is a great add-on and I enjoyed using it as a novelty for a while, my EEE-Pad's keyboard just sits in a drawer.

What exactly, apart from a faster SOC and slightly lighter weight, is the advantage of this over a Transformer 1/EEE-Pad? I'd like to upgrade, but this is really one of those items where my "what's the point?" logic is pummeling my "me want pretty toy now" desire.

If I do get one, I very likely won't get the keyboard this time. While it is a great add-on and I enjoyed using it as a novelty for a while, my EEE-Pad's keyboard just sits in a drawer.

If you already have the V1 model you probably don't gain a whole lot. At least not enough to warrant the cost of a V2.Prime. You may be better off waiting for the next gen which will probably be out end of next year I'm guessing. Android tablets are coming out real fast right now. Its like a new gen every year or a little less. So skipping every other gen or possibly two is probably more cost effective.

Looks like it is happening all over. Also..there is an update on Anand about the Wifi isuse he had. Interesting results for sure...

They haven't cancelled mine yet. Keeping my fingers crossed. And updating the shipping speed to next-day, while I'm at it.

Join the club. :(

Same here (pre-ordered Nov 22nd @ 10am).

What pisses me off is that they outright cancelled a PRE-ORDER without giving us any warning or options. I thought the whole idea of signing up for a pre-order is to reserve your place in line... It's not like Amazon isn't going to sell a boat load of these from whatever supplier they line up eventually. They just effectively shat all over their earlier adopters/buyers and ripped the rug out from under them. Have to start all over now - and I'm thinking Amazon won't be getting my business.

Same here (pre-ordered Nov 22nd @ 10am).

What pisses me off is that they outright cancelled a PRE-ORDER without giving us any warning or options. I thought the whole idea of signing up for a pre-order is to reserve your place in line... It's not like Amazon isn't going to sell a boat load of these from whatever supplier they line up eventually. They just effectively shat all over their earlier adopters/buyers and ripped the rug out from under them. Have to start all over now - and I'm thinking Amazon won't be getting my business.

Pretty much. I hate the fact I didn't pre-order on Newegg or TigerDirect because I have a Prime (oh irony) account. The worst thing is, this was meant to be a gift and I've been hyping it up for the last month. I was just talking about how many rave reviews this tablet got yesterday. Sigh, I hope Best Buy will ship my very late pre-order, but I doubt I'll be getting this thing in before next year.

I'm definitely be making multiple pre-orders from different sources next time.

Back