LinkedIn CEO, Other Insiders Prepare to Sell Stock

HardOCP News

[H] News
A regulatory filing has revealed that LinkedIn's staff, management and backers plan to sell close to 7 million shares soon. The biggest lump is being sold by the company CEO. :eek:

CEO Jeff Weiner wants to sell more than 372,000 shares, the most among LinkedIn's management. The company listed the amounts in a regulatory filing Monday. After two years as LinkedIn's CEO, Weiner is in line for a $29 million windfall from the sale. That's based on Monday's closing price of $78.49 for LinkedIn's shares. The stock sold for $45 per share in an initial public offering completed in May.

failboat.jpg

Ya, Booger, so you can buy them on the cheap?? :p

Has ANYONE ever gotten a job or done something useful with LinkedIn?

Is LinkedIn finally failing? That would be nice because then I could stop pretending to care about it.

I've "heard" that people have gotten jobs off LinkedIn, but do I know anyone who actually has? No.

I know of one person that was hired by Google after seeing her linkedin profile. I was quite surprised myself to hear it and I believe that is an extreme exception. Other than that, I've never known of anyone being hired off the site.

And how much taxes is he going to pay on this? 15%?

15% -- before loopholes. He'll probably claim it as off-shore income, yadda yadda, yadda yadda, non-deductable re-infrastructure-investment(new pool), yadda yadda yadda and get off with like 5% taxes paid.

And how much taxes is he going to pay on this? 15%?

15% -- before loopholes. He'll probably claim it as off-shore income, yadda yadda, yadda yadda, non-deductable re-infrastructure-investment(new pool), yadda yadda yadda and get off with like 5% taxes paid.

Why cry about it when YOU can do the same thing?

The only ones crying about the tax loopholes are those not taking advantage of them.

As for the OP, CEO is jumping ship. Bad sign all around.

The only ones crying about the tax loopholes are those not taking advantage of them.

Your logic is fail on all possible levels.

1) The CEO here is guaranteed a huge profit. Even if you invest your whole piggy bank in stocks, you do not have the certainty of making money.

2) the CEO will make an order of magnitude more on this stock sale than he will on actual income. The same is not true for the average joe. The average joe will be paying 15% on top of their 20 - 30% income tax.

I can do the same thing? Perhaps, but not to the advantage that those of wealth do, and certainly not to the same advantage since I'm not in the 30+% tax bracket due to the level of income... so I certainly can not do the same fucking thing, because my income/benefits are not in the million dollar range.

2) the CEO will make an order of magnitude more on this stock sale than he will on actual income. The same is not true for the average joe. The average joe will be paying 15% on top of their 20 - 30% income tax.

Average Joe needs to diversify then.

Your logic is fail on all possible levels.

1) The CEO here is guaranteed a huge profit. Even if you invest your whole piggy bank in stocks, you do not have the certainty of making money.

Hehe

I can do the same thing? Perhaps, but not to the advantage that those of wealth do, and certainly not to the same advantage since I'm not in the 30+% tax bracket due to the level of income... so I certainly can not do the same fucking thing, because my income/benefits are not in the million dollar range.

It's called saving. Learn to do that first.

Average Joe needs to diversify then.

Exactly. I don't make millions off my investments, but I make enough to where I don't have to worry about killing myself working. I saved, and saved, and saved and made good investment choices. Sure, it's a risk. But if you do your homework the risks are minimized.

Go save $10k and invest it wisely. I make as much off my portfolio every year as I do in income from working. And I pay 15% or less on those gains. Don't hate the player or the game when you obviously don't know anything about either. Better yet, go camp out with the OWS peons that don't know anything about it either.

I've "heard" that people have gotten jobs off LinkedIn, but do I know anyone who actually has? No.

I know of one person that was hired by Google after seeing her linkedin profile. I was quite surprised myself to hear it and I believe that is an extreme exception. Other than that, I've never known of anyone being hired off the site.

It depends on what you do. I am a corporate recruiter and I an engineering group at a large tech company. We hire people we find on Linkedin all the time.

Corporate recruiters can get a special Linkedin account ($$$$$$) that let's you search and contact people on Linkedin without the limitations of them being in your network.

I've also hired a few people just using twitter, but that was a couple years ago.

Go save $10k and invest it wisely. I make as much off my portfolio every year as I do in income from working. And I pay 15% or less on those gains. Don't hate the player or the game when you obviously don't know anything about either. Better yet, go camp out with the OWS peons that don't know anything about it either.

Yea you probably arent making more than a few grand every year off something like 10,000. That is complete bullshit if you claim to be making a salary to live on off 10,000. The S&P500 alone only has like a 7-8 percent return per year.

On 10,000 that is only 700 with minimal risks and I hate people who look at their accounts and say "I am up 1,000 dollars" It is called the difference between unrealized and realized income. You realize and pay capital gains when you sell.

So basically you are just gloating about money that may not be there tomorrow.

Has ANYONE ever gotten a job or done something useful with LinkedIn?

I've gotten several hits from recruiters (after I got a job that I'm happy with, of course).

And that CEO is just enjoying the gains on the asinine P/E ratio of LinkedIn and Internet Bubble 2.0. At least a few people seem to have learned from the last time.

retards like you really need to start looking at the bigger picture before whining about "the rich need to pay their fair share"

Get it through your fucking head, corps are *never* going to pay those taxes. Never have, never will. Try to force them to, and they are going to either leave, or pass along the cost to consumers, end of story.

I'm an "average joe" just like you. I'm more concerned about reducing what *I* have to pay in taxes, all the stupid bullshit government waste programs and buddy deals, and lowering it, instead of just bitching and moaning about what someone else is or isn't paying.

Yea you probably arent making more than a few grand every year off something like 10,000. That is complete bullshit if you claim to be making a salary to live on off 10,000. The S&P500 alone only has like a 7-8 percent return per year.

On 10,000 that is only 700 with minimal risks and I hate people who look at their accounts and say "I am up 1,000 dollars" It is called the difference between unrealized and realized income. You realize and pay capital gains when you sell.

So basically you are just gloating about money that may not be there tomorrow.

I didn't say it would happen overnight. Nor did I say what I have invested. Just that $10k is a good starting point.

I didn't say it would happen overnight. Nor did I say what I have invested. Just that $10k is a good starting point.

You are missing the point of time vested. By the time you could enjoy the money you might be dead.

Back