GameFly PC Client for Unlimited Games Launched (Beta)

WorldExclusive

[H]F Junkie
I just received my Beta invite for GameFly's PC game rental service. Here's a photo:

(I'm not signed up for GameFly right now so I can't tell if they are renting out new titles. I will follow up with this info later.)

GWuAu.jpg

I'm also in the Beta and I'm confused. Are we supposed to be able to rent and download games? It doesent look like it.

When this was first announced I thought the PC rental service was tied into one of the console rental service subscriptions? (I believe it was $20-$30? can't remember)

But if this does offer new games like shown on that screenshot for rental, then that is going to be more interesting, although more expensive, than Gametap.

So far it looks like you can only rent for $23 a month with 15 day free trial the free games section, which is a poor selection at this time, and not new games.

When I first started it up it had a big Skyrim ad I was gonna have a heart attack if I could rent it :(

Looks like only older games are available for unlimited play. Newer titles are only for purchase.
I'll until I see new titles up for rental, otherwise I rather own these games. I don't spend $23/mo. on older games as it is.

Yea I got invited too, was pretty excited until I realized all the games available to rent are old....

That would be an awesome deal if you could rent new games. Hopefully it will mature into a more viable service in the future.

I got in on the beta. Here are a few points:

- 168 games available for download
- The highlights are Assasin's Creed 1, Saints Row 2, a couple Prince of Persia games, Red Faction 1 & 2, Sam & Max
- Everything else is the kind of stuff you would find on the $5 rack at Target. I am referring to the discs that have like 50 games on one disc.
- Client seems to run off of Adobe AIR, whatever that is.

This is a waste of time, even for people already paying for Gamefly. I wish I hadn't even taken the time to download it.

i just got in today, downloanding now. it came with a friend code. pm if you want it.

I got in on the beta. Here are a few points:

- 168 games available for download
- The highlights are Assasin's Creed 1, Saints Row 2, a couple Prince of Persia games, Red Faction 1 & 2, Sam & Max
- Everything else is the kind of stuff you would find on the $5 rack at Target. I am referring to the discs that have like 50 games on one disc.
- Client seems to run off of Adobe AIR, whatever that is.

This is a waste of time, even for people already paying for Gamefly. I wish I hadn't even taken the time to download it.
Then why are games like MW3 and BF3 listed in that graphic at the top?

Misleading.

it is real misleading. you have to buy the good games (bf3, mw3, skyrim). you have to give a cc to use the beta? really, no thanks.

Back