Star Wars: The Old Republic Beta Testing Signup Open

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
We’re excited to announce that later this month we will be conducting our largest Beta Testing Weekend yet, specifically designed to help us stress test our servers in preparation for the launch of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™. How can you take part in this coming Beta Test Weekend? Well, for starters we are happy to announce that anyone who has signed up for our Game Testing Program prior to today, November 11th, will get invited! Invites will be sent in the coming weeks. For people who haven’t signed up for our Game Testing Program, you can also get into the Beta Stress Test Weekend through a series of promotions.

Im in! Except the servers have been down all friday so I have to download it today. But I will be playing it later today and am Excited!

I was invited to play this weekend, and I am really enjoying it so far. I only had to stop because they took down my server for some short maintenance.

ok wait I was invited, but where do you get the files to download it, didn't see it anywhere.

ok wait I was invited, but where do you get the files to download it, didn't see it anywhere.

Login to your swtor.com account then go to the testing page. You will have to agree to NDA then will get a link for the download.

I'm there at my account, logged in, I got columns "My Information" and "Account Information" not seeing anything saying "Testing Page". I know I got the email for it, but like no links in the email.

I'm there at my account, logged in, I got columns "My Information" and "Account Information" not seeing anything saying "Testing Page". I know I got the email for it, but like no links in the email.

From what i can tell i have the same issue. If your email is like mine it actually says "UPCOMING" beta so you don't have access right away. When its your time you will get another link that will have the download in it. I can't wait either my friend is playing right now next to me. From what i can tell its rather good, hes been playing none stop for the last 6 hours.

Got in the Beta this weekend. I played a bunch of MMOs over the year and I'm not really feeling SWTOR at all. I'm just level 14 but not my cup of tea.

I'm one of the permanent beta testers. I'd tell you more, but I can't. But, I encourage everyone eligible to beta test!

This game is totally awesome, but I can't tell you anything about it or why I know. Definitely worth a look if you're even slightly interested.

I can't wait, I want to give the non-Jedi/Sith toons a run through before my CE comes in.

I enjoyed the crap out of the KOTOR games...but I am finding the combat in this game incredibly clunky. I have to run over to opponents and select them and then begin attacking??? Am I doing something wrong? No way to double click an enemy and automatically have my character run over to them??? Makes me want to stop playing melee oriented classes.

yeah this is probably the same email I got, still I'd like to at least start pre-loading it

I enjoyed the crap out of the KOTOR games...but I am finding the combat in this game incredibly clunky. I have to run over to opponents and select them and then begin attacking??? Am I doing something wrong? No way to double click an enemy and automatically have my character run over to them??? Makes me want to stop playing melee oriented classes.

If you have played mmos before you would know that there are instances where you have to be sure where you are at all times. You will be glad that your character doesn't automatically move without your specific input.

I'm following this game and will play it. The only thing is... my country works with limited bandwith, so download the beta would take a huge chunk out of my limit (I think its around 30gb /shrug).

I got an invite for this weekend, did the preinstall, and then got totally sucked into Skyrim and completely forgot about the beta until this morning.

Btw iv been playing this game on nvidia surround no problems, its fully supported. my avg fps at max settings @ 5760 x 1080 is around 51fps. single display the game ran well over 100fps

i run SLI GTX 560 TI on 3.2 i7 and 12gb 1600mhz ddr3

Back