Battlefield 4 Confirmed

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Frank Gibeau has finally spilled the beans and unofficially confirmed that there will be a Battlefield 4 down the road. He made his comments during a speech at the University of Southern California and considering the fact that he is the Prez of Electronic Arts, his unofficial comments can pretty much be considered gospel.

Rather have them make a full remake of 1942 using the frostbite 2 engine..

problem is, it would never be the same....cause they'll find a way to make the ww2 upgradable so you can fire V2 rockets from a tank or something absolutely retarded like that.

They'd probably also strip it down so you would lose all the wonderful vehicles and armies the game had.

I would like to see this also. My favorite game of all time and it was what got me into FPS and online gaming.

Everything was simplistic.

So..another version tied to Origin or some other drm scheme where the balance is tied around unlocks and they continue to spit on the modding and competition communities.

No thanks EA.

I would like to see this also. My favorite game of all time and it was what got me into FPS and online gaming.

Everything was simplistic.

Yes I remake of BF42 with todays graphics would be tits. I enjoy the simple gaming much more than the ranking and upgrades.

I remember the old Desert Combat took skill to fly the helicopters.

Yes I remake of BF42 with todays graphics would be tits. I enjoy the simple gaming much more than the ranking and upgrades.

I remember the old Desert Combat took skill to fly the helicopters.

I miss DC. :(

After DC I never got into B2, B2:BC, etc.

B3 however is a delightful return to almost DC style.

This is getting me all worked up for tonights sesh. Prob crash a few dozen jets and helis tonight.

I think i am going to load up BF1942 and see if i can find a dogfight server.
are there any servers left?

This is getting me all worked up for tonights sesh. Prob crash a few dozen jets and helis tonight.

Hey guys, let's all get in the heli and surprise them! I'm a great pilot, hop in!
*Crash chopper straight into the ground*
*CEpeep has disconnected

Isn't this kind of like an unofficial announcement from EA that there will be a Madden 2013?

I mean we kinda know EA's business model...

P.S.
I don't call them COD:MW3 and BF3, I call them COD 2011 and BF 2011.

Hey guys, let's all get in the heli and surprise them! I'm a great pilot, hop in!
*Crash chopper straight into the ground*
*CEpeep has disconnected

This is why I've pretty much stuck to ground vehicles. :p Although invariably I end up with the one retard driver who takes 5 minutes just to drive out of the spawn...and then drives us out into the middle of nowhere into a rock.

They have to prepare for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 4 due next year, and than 6 months after that Call of Duty Back to the Future.

what issues have you guys had with BF3? Since I updated punkbuster I have had 0 issues other than it seems to take one bullet to kill me and 23 to kill the other guy...

Battlefield 4.... all we need is:

NO origin, NO BATTLSHIT for finding servers on PC,
and fix the random BF3 crashes to desktop, and it'll be golden.

They could release that tomorrow as a $10 BF3 addon and I'd buy it.

Let's hope they actually listen to people buying their games over and over, this next time......

Battlefield 4.... all we need is:

NO origin, NO BATTLSHIT for finding servers on PC,
and fix the random BF3 crashes to desktop, and it'll be golden.

They could release that tomorrow as a $10 BF3 addon and I'd buy it.

Let's hope they actually listen to people buying their games over and over, this next time......

I've noticed a lot of the crashes to desktop are due to servers rebooting.

And It will be a game for console noobs using xbox since they only made half of battlefeild 3 for the pc.

and it wont have a server browser menu in game either.

I can't stomach the idea of giving someone like a Bobby Kotick any of my money.

I can't stomach the idea of giving someone like a Bobby Kotick any of my money.

Damned lack of edit. I meant to put this in the COD MW3 sales thread but it works here, too.

I hope the BF series keeps coming out at a high quality and doesn't fall into a "rinse and recycle" mode like the COD series has.

what issues have you guys had with BF3? Since I updated punkbuster I have had 0 issues other than it seems to take one bullet to kill me and 23 to kill the other guy...

The game still occasionally crash at the loading screen. It never occurred while I'm in the middle of a match, only at the loading screen while I'm trying to join a server, or while we're starting a new round.

The game still occasionally crash at the loading screen. It never occurred while I'm in the middle of a match, only at the loading screen while I'm trying to join a server, or while we're starting a new round.

Same here; bf3.exe stopped working...

Back