BIOSTAR A870U3 AM3 $45 AR

Malbadawi

Limp Gawd
Link
do you guys think this is a good deal? is it a good overclocking mobo ( especially for the Phenom ii 830 from microcenter?)

Ive had two biostar 870s. the A870 and TA870. Both were reliable boards but i did have a few gripes. The A870 (cheaper one) northbridge gets really hot, the two 16x pcie slots are so close together it caused my top video card to overheat during bitcoin mining, but worked fine for gaming benchmarks. Lack of system fan headers so i had to use molex adapters for my 120mm fans.

I overclocked my sempron 130 from 2.6ghz to 3.64ghz on this board, so pretty happy with a stable 277mhz FSB (again make sure you have some air flow over northbridge heatsink/vrm chips they do get hot) for $45 id consider it a hot deal. but over $65 id consider something else. like Asrock 870/970 extreme 3

It might not be too bad for OC'ing, but the T-Series boards from Biostar are really the ones intended for overclocking.... ;)

The ATX power connector is in such a strange location. :confused: I wonder why they'd do that.

Seems like a good deal. I only see three phases for the CPU (maybe four if the top one is included), IDK if X6 would be a good idea with that.

Thanks, I had just recommended another Biostar motherboard to a friend this morning and this one is definitely a better fit for him and the same price. Luckily he had not ordered yet.

does anyone have a copy of the rebate, the one newegg has you download now is corrupt

Back