The Pirate Bay Trademark Given To Alcohol Entrepreneur

HardOCP News

[H] News
You have to admit that this is pretty funny. The old bugger saw an opportunity and just swept right in and snagged The Pirate Bay trademark for his own.

A Sweden-based alcohol entrepreneur has successfully obtained the trademark “The Pirate Bay”. Colin Scragg, who made to complaints to police over share dealings at his former company earlier this year, had faced opposition at the Patents and Trademarks Office, but now the decision has swung in his favor.

So the name is now his by trademark, but the logo would still be copyrighted.

I just had a brilliant idea.....using captain morgan in your bowl of captain crunch...now you can have twicw the captains in ye as well as enjoying the most intoxicating bowl of cereal ever!

/not drunk
//just bored

Free advertising for The Pirate Bay! They weren't making alcohol anyway, so the two shouldn't be confused.

I just had a brilliant idea.....using captain morgan in your bowl of captain crunch...now you can have twicw the captains in ye as well as enjoying the most intoxicating bowl of cereal ever!

/not drunk
//just bored

Yo dawg I got some Captain Morgan so you can enjoy Captain while you eat your Captain.

So..can we now download booze for free on the internet? If so, I no longer have a reason to leave home :D

"who made to complaints to police"
Anyone want to translate?
And I hope he succeeds and puts those profits into a massive P2P filesharing site. :D

Back