Atari Greatest Hits App Lands in Android Market

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The #1 Selling iTunes App expands into the Global Android Marketplace. Atari, one of the world’s most recognized publishers and producers of interactive entertainment, today announced the availability of Atari’s Greatest Hits for Android Marketplace. Launched only a few months ago for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch, Atari’s Greatest Hits has already exceeded 3.5 million downloads in the iTunes App Store. .

Boy I remember getting my 2600 for Christmas back in 1982 and the first game I played was Dodge 'Em. I was mesmerized. There are still a lot missing from that list. Gotta have Yars Revenge and Pitfall on there as well. Those were my favorites. Jungle Hunt, Cosmic Arc and Dragonfire were also games I spent a lot of hours on. Ah the memories of getting older.

lol. very funny. I get it, but it's a travesty that some of these younger kids here will never understand.

Its famous! It was released before I was born yet I still know about it! :D

Historical importance dictates it should be included with that pacman conversion!

Wondering how the controls will work on my android phone. if it's all motion sensor tilting, no thanks. My stupid phone can't even tell which way is up half the time.

Despite it's large download number, it has average ratings in the Apple App Store, most of them either complaining about poor controls and uninformed complaints about games being available for Atari, yet not published by them (Pac-man, Pitfall, etc).

I hesitate to try it because of the control and graphics lag complaints. I'm sporting an older iPhone 3Gs. Anyone with a 3Gs who tried Atari's Greatest Hits?

Those games bring back memories. Hopefully Amazon will have them and then make them available for its free Android Android app of the day. :cool:

Its famous! It was released before I was born yet I still know about it! :D

Historical importance dictates it should be included with that pacman conversion!
lol! yeah! Oh man... Actually that was my first experience with pacman (on the 2600)... It was a "holy balls" experience when I dropped a quarter in the arcade version a few years later.

When will NES games be available for sale as an Android app? :cool:

look up tigernes and tiger snes. :D

keep looking and you will find an app like napster that lets you find games for these.

you can connect a wiimote to your phone via bluetooth and play nes and snes games on the go! or, connect your phone to a TV via micro hdmi cord and sit on the couch and play on your TV!! :D

Dunno, but don't know if I'll drop the $10 for all of their games either. ;)

I actually do have a working Atari 2600 with E.T, Pitfall, all the Star Wars games, and another dozen or so carts. ;)

Lol. I still have a Genesis in the closet. I will probably bust it out to see if the 5 year old nephew shows interest in it.

Boy I remember getting my 2600 for Christmas back in 1982 and the first game I played was Dodge 'Em. I was mesmerized. There are still a lot missing from that list. Gotta have Yars Revenge and Pitfall on there as well. Those were my favorites. Jungle Hunt, Cosmic Arc and Dragonfire were also games I spent a lot of hours on. Ah the memories of getting older.

I played the shit out of Pac-Man, Frogger, Asteroids, Space Invaders, River Raid, Surround, and a bunch of others. Was so good at Asteroids I flipped the game 3 times one night when I was about 6 years old.

Back