'Socialbots' Steal 250GB of Facebook User Data

HardOCP News

[H] News
Researchers say that "socialbots" stole 250GB of user data from Facebook members. How do they know this? Because the researchers are the ones that released the bots on Facebook's network in the first place.

Programs designed to resemble humans infiltrated Facebook recently and made off with 250 gigabytes of personal information belonging to thousands of the social network's users, researchers said in an academic paper released today.

It's nothing to worry about, Facebook was already selling the personal information as soon as you had made an account anyway.

Mmhmm. 250GB of "personal information" such as: "Status update: my snoogi-woogi ate her first ice cream today!" "Omg so hungover from last night, partyyyyyyy!" All quite useful, I'm sure.

And this is what happens when you accept Friend Requests from people you don't even fucking know.

Seriously people. Stop doing that.

Mmhmm. 250GB of "personal information" such as: "Status update: my snoogi-woogi ate her first ice cream today!" "Omg so hungover from last night, partyyyyyyy!" All quite useful, I'm sure.

Beth: "Some asshole sideswiped me last night"
Tom: "Yeah but you were probably texting while driving again, lol!"
Beth "No WAI!"
Sue: "I totally just watched her post that, I'm in the car with her"

Useful information ? Geico would say yes.

And you think it being a "SOCIAL" network the thought of putting anything of personal nature would be a no brainier?

Society = STUPID.

Back