AMD Catalyst 11.10 Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
The brand new AMD Catalyst 11.10 drivers are now available for all you Radeon owners out there. The list of features, fixes and performance improvements is far too long to post here so we just hit the highlights below.

• Enables support for Eyefinity 5x1 display (portrait and landscape) configurations
  • Maximum supported resolution has been increased to 16000 x 16000 pixels on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series. (limited to DX11 applications only)
  • Bezel compensation is now possible when using sets of displays that have mismatched pixel densities.
  • Improvements have been implemented to better facilitate the enabling and control of the following features within the Vision Engine Control Center / Catalyst Control Center
  • AMD Overdrive for GPUs
  • Information Center (software and hardware)
  • Reduces stuttering seen on Dual CPU and Tri CPU core systems
  • Google Earth no longer displays random corruption when running in OpenGL mode.
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on single GPU configurations using the AMD Radeon™ HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.
  • Improves performance in Battlefield 3 Open Beta release for both non-Anti-Aliasing and application enabled Anti-Aliasing cases on AMD CrossFire™ configurations using the AMD Radeon HD 6000 and AMD Radeon HD 5000 series of products.

So who is buying another two monitors for their Eyefinity setup?

I wish I had IPS 16:10's... TN's are unbearable in portait mode to me and 5x eyefinity landscape sounds hilarious. 5x eyefinity portait with 16:10's sounds awesome... Pretty sure that tech has been around for a while now though.

Last edited:
Rage is completely fucked in this version. Worst texture pop in I've seen yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rage is completely fucked in this version. Worse texture pop in I've seen yet.

Figures. I have yet to play Rage.

Bought on release day; haven't played more than three minutes of it. However, I have put in over 80 hours into Fallout 3 and it's DLC since then (picked up as a replacement). Something tells me Rage is going to be disappointing compared to Fallout 3.

Tower, I been playing fallout vegas on ps3 more than my diablo 3 beta. i'm a fallout addict!!

Good, now I can run BF3 BETA with no issues...

lol, makes you wonder how much has actually changed versus just made official.

But, BF3 does feel smoother. Dunno it it's just because I'm coming off 10.9 drivers though. Anyone else see an improvement in BF3?

This driver crashes my computer when I go to setup Eyefinity. So much for WHQL! I am back to 11.12 (8.92 preview) and everything works great.

This driver crashes my computer when I go to setup Eyefinity. So much for WHQL! I am back to 11.12 (8.92 preview) and everything works great.

ugh that has me scared...havent been able to test these whql drivers since my PSU went tits up....

Maybe i will just stick with 11.12

Eh, I haven't had any issues in BF3 with 11.10 Preview 3 and CAP4 so will most likely stick with these for now. Just hope that DICE get's off their ass and fixes the Eyefinity/Surround issues so I can enjoy triple monitor goodnes again! Playing on one screen just doesn't seem right at all.. the side monitors are staring at me in disgust as they are demoted to displaying battlelog and video card/cpu temps :(.

Yay Bezzle comp without re-flashing my stupid Dell 2407 that thinks it's bigger than it is. Works great!

Never even got RAGE to work properly on my 6950, it keeps freezing, stuttering and a whole lot of texture popup. Installing this driver made the game worse as well, now I get texture flickering.

who cares about Rage? the game is crap, and will likely be the new joke along gamers. The first new game to actually go backwards compared to its previous games (doom 3).

I dunno what ID was thinking, and they are seriously still charging 59.99$ for this game, Buhahaha never will i ever pay that much for a crap game.

Just downloaded the new drivers, hey crossfire works now with out a shudder, sweet back to running eye efin. My Kill death ratio just improved by 2. Certainly gives you an advantage to see more of the battlefield.

Do these drivers fix the no friendly/foe tags on center monitor for eyefinity in BF3 or is that something that EA/DICE need to work on still?

Never even got RAGE to work properly on my 6950, it keeps freezing, stuttering and a whole lot of texture popup. Installing this driver made the game worse as well, now I get texture flickering.

I think you might find that you did have it working perfectly. (for Rage)

Ba-Dum-Pish!

Why is it that Radeons always suffer from poor drivers?

I mean seriously it doesnt matter what company is running the GPU driver dept. the same people seem to still be there.

Im going to go play the BF3 Beta now....

Why is it that Radeons always suffer from poor drivers?

I mean seriously it doesnt matter what company is running the GPU driver dept. the same people seem to still be there.

Im going to go play the BF3 Beta now....

The one thing that keeps jabbing at me every time I buy AMD GPUs is that I know their driver's just plain suck. They must have about three guys working in that department, nothing ever comes out of there consistantly, and you are always scratching your head. I applaud the EyeFinity fixes....especially the use of different screens and such.....but then to go in reverse and fuck up a game you had fixed? Also this EyeFinity fix should have been out day one, not 2 years later.....I'm just frustrated to a new level with AMD......I think it's time to go back to nvidia.

Do these drivers fix the no friendly/foe tags on center monitor for eyefinity in BF3 or is that something that EA/DICE need to work on still?

No. That's a developer issue.
Check over at widescreengamingforum, they may have a fix, they are really good at getting things to work; way before the developers.

Last edited:
who cares about Rage? the game is crap, and will likely be the new joke along gamers. The first new game to actually go backwards compared to its previous games (doom 3).

I dunno what ID was thinking, and they are seriously still charging 59.99$ for this game, Buhahaha never will i ever pay that much for a crap game.

Just downloaded the new drivers, hey crossfire works now with out a shudder, sweet back to running eye efin. My Kill death ratio just improved by 2. Certainly gives you an advantage to see more of the battlefield.

I wouldn't determine if drivers are good or bad for a flawed game like RAGE either.
The Dev needs to fix there game instead of suggesting workarounds.

I only use these for my laptop's HD 3670. I think I'll just stick with what I have (since I just did a DriverCleaner deep-scourging due to issues coming out of sleep).

Still a horrible showing by the AMD driver team as usual. This will weigh heavily on my next gen GPU purchase and will invariably go nVidia unless AMD performance is much better.

I'm so happy that they finally enabled bezel management for all monitors! Can't wait to try it out!

Still a horrible showing by the AMD driver team as usual. This will weigh heavily on my next gen GPU purchase and will invariably go nVidia unless AMD performance is much better.

Why did you ditch quad SLI 3GB 580s for 2x 6990s in the first place? I saw that you parted your build out a lot when you deployed, but I'm wondering why you switched camps. We never got to see much out of that build before it was gone :(

That is why most of my rigs run Nvidia cards. AMD make great GPU's, and Nvidia is not immune to driver issues, but theirs are a lot easier to deal with for me. When I had a 5850 Crossfire setup, it took 7 driver releases just to get my system running properly.

That is why most of my rigs run Nvidia cards. AMD make great GPU's, and Nvidia is not immune to driver issues, but theirs are a lot easier to deal with for me. When I had a 5850 Crossfire setup, it took 7 driver releases just to get my system running properly.

Interesting. My crossfire 5850's worked fantastic out of the box for over a year that I used them. I do think Nvidia has far more consistent drivers though and they're quicker at fixing bugs and issues than AMD. The flip side is that AMD cards have a better price/performance ratio, they tend to run cooler and draw less power. And, I don't care what anyone says, AMD cards simply have better image quality. I've used both AMD and Nvidia cards over the years, swapping back and forth and I'm always unhappy with my desktop image, web browsing, and watching movies with Nvidia cards. AMD simply makes a much better card for day to day use and HTPC usage so I live with the trade-off for drivers that aren't quite as good as Nvidia.

I've had three nVidia cards die on me: two died slowly, one spontaneously. Add to that nVidia leaving me feeling completely abandoned on an nForce platform years ago (yes, an OLD grudge), and I just can't support such a company anymore.

I've had ZERO ATi cards die. Not a single one, no matter how old. But damn, their software is frustrating as Hell. :( I want to blame AMD, but there were similar problems back when it was just ATi.

Perhaps there was something to calling the new company DAMMIT after all....?

Installing the 11.10 driver right now for my 6950. Keeping my fingers crossed.....

Maximum supported resolution has been increased to 16000 x 16000 pixels on the AMD Radeon HD 6000 Series.
:eek: Now where did I put my 16K x 16K lcd monitor ... yes, yes I do need 768M sub-pixels! :D

yes i don't get the whole pixel upgrade thing. i mean 16k x 16k pixels is awesome and all, but whats the point? its not like we have the monitors even capable of coming close to it. Even if we did the hd 6XXX series cards wouldn't have enough muscle to power a game at that resolution.

so seems odd. Unless they are being future telling profits of some new game engine and some new monitor which will be able to do this. I wonder small things on the desktop would be at this resolution.Might actually have a use for the magnifying glass windows has.

yes i don't get the whole pixel upgrade thing. i mean 16k x 16k pixels is awesome and all, but whats the point? its not like we have the monitors even capable of coming close to it. Even if we did the hd 6XXX series cards wouldn't have enough muscle to power a game at that resolution.

so seems odd. Unless they are being future telling profits of some new game engine and some new monitor which will be able to do this. I wonder small things on the desktop would be at this resolution.Might actually have a use for the magnifying glass windows has.
Massive eyefinty setup for a major company, government or science use etc.
No one is using it for gaming.

As for the driver itself, it crashed my 5970 every 10mins., went back to the preview3 driver and everything is fine again.

Old limit was 8000x8000, which wouldn't work for a 5x1 landscape 1080p setup.

Well the new AX1200 solved my problems.

Installed 11.10 WHQL, with Cap 4. Getting a solid 60fps at 1080P with no stuttering.

No crashing or anything (except the annoying green flash)

Crossfire works, usually tags my GPU's around 90-100% (64 player map).

Gotta say i was VERY worried about these drivers....but they work DAMN good

I can't get these to complete an install. Right when the monitor flashes when the new driver is installed, the monitor never comes back on and I have to reset the PC. When the PC reboots, the driver say it's installed and CCC is there but won't open. So, I clear it all out, and try again, and same thing.

Back