Cooler Master Storm Trooper

HardOCP News

[H] News
The crew at Overclockers Club has the Cooler Master Storm Trooper on the torture rack today, poking and probing the case like only they know how. :D

Overall this is an awesome case. The price is up there with a lot of other top-end models, but it performs at least to that value if not slightly more. The structure of the case is built solidly and is not flimsy in any way. The parts to move things around seem built to last – they already have taken a beating being dropped and moved around a few times by yours truly and show little indication of use.

Mine comes tomorrow. Can't wait to check it out and install my new Enermax Maxrevo 1350w :D

never been one for CM's offerings but this case just looks awesome

This case looks really good and seems very liquid cooling friendly.

I have the fulltower CM Stacker currently and I like the rubberized coating idea. It may actually help damper noise levels.

The only thing I feel missing is a pullout motherboard tray like on the Stacker, but honestly this is a feature you use maybe a couple times.

If it was a LianLi it would easily be double the price, so I see the Trooper as a good value.

I will be watching this one closely waiting for a good deal to come by.

UPS got all confused apparently, it came today. The case is REALLY nice. The back side of the case is a little tighter than I would've hoped for wiring, but I think the stiffness of the MAXRevo 1350 wires didn't help any. Everything was in great condition, no problems during setup, and everything functioned as it should. Couldn't be happier with the case, functionally it is 100x better than any case I have previously owned. It is a tad on the heavy/large side, but I don't lan too often so no biggie. Even with 4 3.5 hdd's and 3 2.5's hdd's and the handle being set forward it still carries back heavy with the MAXRevo/Crossfire.

NZXT Fan controller, really like the sliders and think it matches the case nicely.

Last 2 are just size comparison to Antec Nine Hundred

Last edited:
Hmm ... nice case.

I'm thinking about upgrading from my Antec 900 as well.

How is the cooling performance? I may add a pair of fans on the side; are there spare filters for this?

Edit:

It looks like the fan filters are stored in the "Storm" thing at the bottom.

Last edited:
Back