Celebrity Gmail Hacker to be Sentenced on Monday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
The (then) teenaged hacker who broke into Miley Cyrus’ Gmail account and posted ‘racy’ images found in the account on the internet has pleaded for no jail time because he is too short for prison. Federal prosecutors have actually considered his request, although not for long. :D

“The government does not contest the presence of the various factors pointed out by probation and advanced by [the] defendant in support of his request for departure, primarily [the] defendant’s youth, mental and emotional issues and physical stature”

So he is about the same height as Miley Cyrus? Guess they should just super glue a Miley Cyrus wig on his head and send him to the big boys!

What about the part where his case is still ongoing, he was ordered to stay off the internet, and he posted a facebook update telling everybody he's 'feeling the urge to hack some more things'. /facepalm

If people are going to continue being stupid and use security phrases like the name of their pet then they are going to continue to get cracked. Just because the question asks for your pets name doesn't mean you can't just make up some random shit instead of your pets real name. You can even throw in some numerals too.

Holly has been ordered to stay off the internet for the moment, but has already violated this, posting a message on his Facebook page reading: "I’m having these strong urges to start playing around and hacking shit again, there’s so much new stuff on the net. I can’t stop these urges. Am I a bad person?”

What an imbecile.

joshhollymugshot.jpg

The kid in question. He's gonna have a fantastic time in jail.

If people are going to continue being stupid and use security phrases like the name of their pet then they are going to continue to get cracked. Just because the question asks for your pets name doesn't mean you can't just make up some random shit instead of your pets real name. You can even throw in some numerals too.

I agree... some of the questions are WAYYY to obvious, especially the mothers maiden name... anyone can easily find that out (especially me, as my entire genealogy crap is out there for everyone to see)

The problem is the people making these "security" questions.... we need some really rare answers nobody can guess.

Like fucking HIGH SCHOOL MASCOT... OR FIRST CAR YOU DROVE. Anyone with a brain, google and just ONE of your family/friends name... its easy to find out that common interest information.

I AM SICK TO GODDAMNED DEATH OF PEOPLE DOING STUPID SHIT AND PULLING THE ASPERGER'S CARD, believing that they will get off, because, "I do what I want, I don't think that what I'm doing is wrong. ZOMG EVERYONE IS AGAINST ME, WHYWHYWHYWHY"

The asperger's defense is getting pulled far too often these days, IMO. The guy's legal defense might go and look at impressing upon him when a judge tells you NO COMPUTER OR INTERNET USAGE, HE FUCKING MEANS IT. Scared of being left behind regarding technology? Well, perhaps look into not getting caught if you're busting into a celebrity's (SHIT, ANYONE'S) property and posting the shit on the net for everyone to see.

/novel of a rant

dude's a stupid kid, stupid kid's do stupid stuff.

Prison isn't going to make him a better part of society.

dude's a stupid kid, stupid kid's do stupid stuff.

Prison isn't going to make him a better part of society.

The same is true for just about every criminal. All kinds of people are sent to prison and come out worse than they went in. Our prison system does not do anything to rehabilitate people. It's purely punitive.

Unfortunately there's little to be done about it. We can't just let everyone get away with everything. No one's come up with a good alternative. Until then, our prison system will just turn people who made stupid mistakes into hardened criminals, and will turn hardened criminals into even worse criminals.

we could reform the fucking country instead of heading down this path any longer.

We fucked up, time to admit it and start over. Going to suck for likely more than decades, but long term it will be better. enough is enough.

we live in a genuine democracy and everyone is literally throwing their hands up and saying they have no power. Yes we do.

Back