AMD Reports Third Quarter Results

HardOCP News

[H] News
AMD today announced revenue for the third quarter of 2011 of $1.69 billion, net income of $97 million, or $0.13 per share, and operating income of $138 million. The company reported non-GAAP net income of $110 million, or $0.15 per share, and non-GAAP operating income of $146 million.

That's not even much to enjoy. $100M income. Sheeeit, CEO where I work makes more than that in a year.

That's not even much to enjoy. $100M income. Sheeeit, CEO where I work makes more than that in a year.

Well for a company that's best quarter was ever only like 350 million and a quarter of profit tended to be only after years of 100-200 million dollar losses, this is a win.

Enjoy it now because the 4th quarter is going to be brutal...

The enthusiast market which is crying over BD is a fairly small part of the revenues. Most of the revenue comes from OEMs and as long as the majors sell AMD products it will be fine.

Congrats to AMD for continuing to survive!

While this isn't anything near impressive, AMD needs to be around. I am just concerned for their future at this point in time, especially if ARM processors can actually become a serious threat to the budget and mainstream market where AMD tends to thrive.

meh...one day maybe I'll get some dividends from AMD. Thankfully Intel faithfully pays out my quarterly dividends and I just buy more Intel stock with it. Maybe I can retire by 50? ;)

Back