Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

HardOCP News

[H] News
Neoseeker has the Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO heatpipe HSF in house today for a little review action. Here's a quote from the full review:

The Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO is a cost effective heatsink that gets the job done in mild to medium overclocked setups. It maintains the design of its predecessor while introducing the new Continuous Direct Contact design that basically reduces the gaps typically seen between the heatpipes on the base of similar heatinks. That makes for better contact between the heatsinkn and the CPU heatspreader, but does it make for better value? Hit our latest heatsink review to find out!

I got one of these and with 2 120mm fans (push - pull configuration) it is way way better than the Corsair H100 liquid cooling system. My Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz never goes over 65C (Core Temp temperature). For the price, it is an awesome buy. Also easy to install.

I got one of these and with 2 120mm fans (push - pull configuration) it is way way better than the Corsair H100 liquid cooling system. My Core i7 2600K @ 4.5Ghz never goes over 65C (Core Temp temperature). For the price, it is an awesome buy. Also easy to install.

Lol... That is all, On a side note it does look like decent budget cooler.

I'm going to assume you're joking here...

Does this mean we should see the former Hyper 212+ go on super sale soon?

i don't know but it is $10 more than the hyper212+ on newegg..so i'm sort of guessing no

since i got my hyper212+(s) I have 2 of them for $19.99 ea at fry's i've got no complaints about what i paid for mine.

It would have been nice to see the Hyper 212+ in the comparison, so people knew what the extra $10 bought them.

I'm sure the Evo is better --the question is whether it's ten dollars better.

I just bought a 212+ a month ago to hold down the temps on my 2600k. 4.4GHz, 1.23v set in AI Suite II (1.304 by CPU-Z), no temp higher than 77 under a 12 hour Prime95 custom blend set to use 95% of available RAM. Works like a charm in everyday use because nothing ever loads it that much.

I have seen some benchmarks comparing the hyper 212 to the 212 evo and they are virtually identical. So, if you can get the evo for the same price do it, otherwise stick with whatever is cheaper between the 212 plus and evo. Notice in their review they didnt bother to compare the previous hyper 212 to the evo heh. Thats because it is almost identical benchmarks(evo might be a degree or less more efficient maybe).

I like the 212 either one will do they changed the fan as well on the EVO it's not as loud but personally I'd replace it (I have on all builds with the CM coolers) with a Gelid or something like that.

They do nice good value heatsinks (I use the 212 and the TX-3 mostly) but the fans are not as good as they might be. Not to worry those Gelid fans are very good and not expensive

I would have liked to see a review of this unit with the optional 2nd fan installed. However, that lifts it out of the realm of $34.95 + shipping (and tax if you have to pay it). A second 120mm fan is going to add about $12.00 - $15.00 to the $34.95. For us budget conscious folk, methinks the H212+ at $24.95 with a second fan added will be the sweet-spot. Frankly I wish I knew a lot more about CPU coolers.

Not all fans are expensive! I'm not sold on the second fan option unless you're doing a big overclock I'd value quietness a lot more

I seen this... but I'll stick with the 212+, I have 2 PWMs on there and temps never go over 53 degrees with P95 running. They get loud when playing BF3 though.

I would have liked to see a review of this unit with the optional 2nd fan installed. However, that lifts it out of the realm of $34.95 + shipping (and tax if you have to pay it). A second 120mm fan is going to add about $12.00 - $15.00 to the $34.95. For us budget conscious folk, methinks the H212+ at $24.95 with a second fan added will be the sweet-spot. Frankly I wish I knew a lot more about CPU coolers.

the extra fan gives you at best a 2-3C lower temp. but how you get the 12-15 dollar price tag for a fan is beyond me. the fan on the EVO is about a 4 dollar fan to give you an idea.

the extra fan gives you at best a 2-3C lower temp. but how you get the 12-15 dollar price tag for a fan is beyond me. the fan on the EVO is about a 4 dollar fan to give you an idea.

I got it here:

FAN FOR HYPER 212+ (AND 212+ EVO)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...-na&AID=10521304&PID=4176827&SID=oxsaun0fmbk7

$16.99

http://www./forum/hardware-canucks-...aster-hyper-212-plus-cpu-cooler-review-5.html
In typical Cooler Master fashion they have released some much need yet curious specifications. This is a Sleeve Bearing fan…or at least it is supposed to be a Sleeve Bearing fan that is capable of 2000RPMs and at its max speed it moves 76.8CFM at an impressive 3.9mmH20. Let’s take this at face value for the moment and move on.

Back