Intel Wireless Display: More Choices Worldwide

HardOCP News

[H] News
Six new Intel Wireless Display (WiDi) TV adapters give people even more choice when wirelessly streaming content in 1080p Full HD and 5.1 surround sound from their PC right to their TV. New adapters from NETGEAR, D-Link, Belkin, I-O Data, Buffalo, and Cameo are now available worldwide for people taking advantage of the Intel WiDi feature on their 2nd generation Core-based laptops. Go here for more information about Intel Wireless Display and new Intel WiDi TV Adapters.

Unless Intel opens WiDi to all video streaming, I'm not interested. It's silly to invent media streaming devices like this and not support a wide selection of DRM media.

Its weird they limited it to 5.1, means it feels kind of...incomplete (even though next to noone has big enough rooms to appreciate it, blu ray is supposed to use 7.1 :D)

Its weird they limited it to 5.1, means it feels kind of...incomplete (even though next to noone has big enough rooms to appreciate it, blu ray is supposed to use 7.1 :D)

Because its useless masturbating that's why. 5.1 is more then enough considering the entirety of the package you are using.

Because its useless masturbating that's why. 5.1 is more then enough considering the entirety of the package you are using.

Mostly true, but depends on the size of the room (not quite sure where the cut off is, but it's bigger than the average living room, enough so that the sides and rears have some seperation). You do need a sizable room for the benefit of 7.1 to come into play otherwise it is entirely pointless (which is why 22.2 might be DOA, though the increased center zone might be benificial...maybe :().

But it's more because it's "incomplete" like a game that won't scale properly to 3 2560x1600 monitors. Next to noone will use it, but it would be nice to have that option!

They should just make this built into all laptops. That will increase adoption a ton.

I use this all the time at hotels that don't have hdmi capable tv's. Very handy. Works through walls just fine.

Back