Grand Theft Auto 5 Officially Announced

HardOCP News

[H] News
Attention one and all, Grand Theft Auto 5 has officially been announced! Grandstanding politicians, psychotic lawyers and big media have another game to blame for everything bad happening anywhere in the world. :D

They better make this mindblowing compared to GTA5. GTA4 is one of the all-time best games, so I hope they take as long as they need to, and get it perfect. I cannot wait. :D

They better make this mindblowing compared to GTA5. GTA4 is one of the all-time best games, so I hope they take as long as they need to, and get it perfect. I cannot wait. :D

WUT?

;)

I too am exicted. I am hoping for either a New Orleans or Detroit setting.

An announcement that they'll be making an announcement/trailer... hurray!

So this will come exclusively to what? X360 or PS3? Then if you pre-order you'll get a free (insert immigrant here) in game ball cap and jacket, plus the special Annihilator helicopter! Then almost a year later a PC port comes out, which doesn't take advantage of the PC controls and makes it act like you're playing with a controller still.

eh GTA4 was a disappointment to me and many others. I would prefer a "San Andreas 2" over a GTA5 thats the same style as GTA4.

I'm excited for GTA5 just like any fan but for goodness sakes, Rockstar games should follow DiCE's footsteps in game development. DiCE developed Battlefield 3 for the PC first and with the PC in mind. They then downgraded the graphics engine to make it work on the 360 and PS3 consoles. So, Rockstar should do the same-- develop the game for the PC first and optimize it. Afterwards, downgrade the graphics engine and optimize it for the console if they plan on porting it.

It should be PC first before console. Why? That way we won't have the same performance issues that GTA4 had at release which was a very poor console port to the PC. Rockstar work on the PC version first and work backwards for the console versions.

gta5 will prob be like gta 4 for pc with all the community patches

I hadn't really played a GTA game before 4 and heard about all the amazingness of it. Perfect 10s everywhere, etc. Got it, only paid 15 bucks for it, but was not really impressed. Never finished it. Eh.

GTA4 was plagued by a mediocre protagonist and his useless and annoying cousin. I couldn't give the game more than 12 hours of my time, sadly. San Andreas was pretty good, though.

eh GTA4 was a disappointment to me and many others. I would prefer a "San Andreas 2" over a GTA5 thats the same style as GTA4.

Are you talking about the PC version only? And that is why you didn't like it? because it was kind of buggy when they first released it, and required tons of beefy hardware?

Regardless.. my 1st comment was mistyped obviously lol. GTA5 I meant GTA4.

I have been a fan of GTA since the first one (where it was over-the-head). I like the sense of realism it has, especially with the new GTA4. It sucked they only released it for consoles at first, and I was always a console hater, but as soon as I played GTA4 at a friends, I soon went out and bought an XBOX360 with GTA4.

No way in hell, is San Andreas better..... IMHO, being a huge GTA fan, that was one of the WORST GTA games, even since GTA1.

Wasn't each version a graphical step up from it's
Predecessor? Considering this game thrives on realism, so you would think it'll come
Out first on PC to maximize the power of today's technology and then port it to 5 year old technology.

Lulz, I had to do a bouble-take on that one too haha.

I loved GTA4 and I still play it from time to time, can't wait for this!

Same here :D If I get BEYOND bored, the first thing that I think of is, well there is always GTA4 :) Running people over in slow motion, and just trying to get 6 stars is quite a challenge, even after playing it for DAYS and being "pro" lol.

If us PC Gamers want a good port or version gta V were going to need to buy la noire, la noire has eyefinity and 3d and i believe that la noires sales will dicate how much money rockstar puts toward pc development.

GTA:SA was awesome but I still like GTA3 original the best not sure why :)

GTA4 was ... a bit bland imo.

It's About time!! Hopefully its as large as GTA SA with some uber graphics and better storyline thou GTA 4 really wasn't all that bad..

They better change it up because if it's just another rehash, no buys. I understand there are certain core elements but honestly, GTAIV was just mediocre. I enjoyed Vice City the best.

San Andreas is about as awesome as it gets.

The freaking soundtrack alone makes it have replay value for me.

Loved VC and SA...completed both games happy.

Never finished GTA IV, wasn't as fun for me. Passing on GTA V until I hear decent word of mouth on the PC version.

GTA3 was great, VC not as much... haven't played SA or 4... not yet anyways.

We should expect graphics in 5 to be better then the console version of 4, although it would be great if it looked better then the best PC mod.

Beyond that, who knows? I'd love more RPG type elements, and a less random main story.

The logo looking like a dollar bill suggests it's set in the US somewhere... maybe it has something to do with the current bank bailouts or something government related!? Would be great to see lots of good actors doing VOs

WUT?

;)

I too am exicted. I am hoping for either a New Orleans or Detroit setting.

I'm betting it only has two ultimate story paths, and everything is varying shades of mud and grey, regardless of location.

GTA4 was a huge let down compared to Saints Row 2, that game is ridiculously fun, GTA4 lost all that fun from the previous three games.

Better be able to fly attack aircraft, and base jump again, and get rid of that useless gunship had all the firepower of an air rifle.

I'm betting it only has two ultimate story paths, and everything is varying shades of mud and grey, regardless of location.

GTA4 was a huge let down compared to Saints Row 2, that game is ridiculously fun, GTA4 lost all that fun from the previous three games.

Better be able to fly attack aircraft, and base jump again, and get rid of that useless gunship had all the firepower of an air rifle.

Basically, GTA4 lost a lot of the silly aspects that made GTA well, GTA. You're right, it really needs the things that made GTA:SA such a fun game (like flying, base jumping, tanks, etc.)

hope they make some levels in libya, go steal from quaddafi and help assassinate him...lololol

Been done already, and I'm failing to see the funny side of killing a dictator, before he stands trial, for a long list of crimes.

Are you talking about the PC version only? And that is why you didn't like it? because it was kind of buggy when they first released it, and required tons of beefy hardware?

Regardless.. my 1st comment was mistyped obviously lol. GTA5 I meant GTA4.

I have been a fan of GTA since the first one (where it was over-the-head). I like the sense of realism it has, especially with the new GTA4. It sucked they only released it for consoles at first, and I was always a console hater, but as soon as I played GTA4 at a friends, I soon went out and bought an XBOX360 with GTA4.

No way in hell, is San Andreas better..... IMHO, being a huge GTA fan, that was one of the WORST GTA games, even since GTA1.
im talking about 360 version. I didnt like it because it simply was not fun. In SA you could spend countless hours just fooling around with all the side things you could do. There seemed to be no where near as much for GTA4. And then I had a blast doing the missions in SA as I completed the entire game. GTA4's missions felt like a chore to do. I was forcing myself to do them just for the sake of unlocking new stuff and I gave up shortly after I got to the second island.

I agree with the others most are condemning, SA sucked HARD.

I couldn't get past the "show off your hydraulics" mission and the whole ghetto aspect. GTAIV had no problem keeping my attention though, story was pretty fun and interesting as were the expansions. Don't know exactly how the character was "bland" or "lacking". The game was basically a sandbox and I still play it to this day. Nothing like starting a gunfight and calling the cops and watching :D.

GTAIII and VC were the benchmarks to beat though.

More SA/Vice City, less GTA 4 please. Bring back the sandbox and the over-the-top elements. We don't need more linear heavily-gated story driven games. We need games that are actually fun.

I couldn't get past the "show off your hydraulics" mission and the whole ghetto aspect. GTAIV had no problem keeping my attention though, story was pretty fun and interesting as were the expansions. Don't know exactly how the character was "bland" or "lacking". The game was basically a sandbox and I still play it to this day. Nothing like starting a gunfight and calling the cops and watching :D.

You didn't play GTA 4 then, took lack of fun and linear storyline (up to the last mission, where there was two choices) to a whole new level of crap.

SA was probably the best of the bunch.

So basically, there are 2 types of GTA fans...... those who want an RPG type game (San Andreas Lovers?) and the other majority who just like to "play a gangster" and do whatever they want. I am definitely the latter, and still think the animations, (nothing new compared to GTA3), and many other things make SA complete crap, near the bottom of the entire GTA series. I played all of them for DAYS, literally days. Even San Andreas when it was the "last released". I found it to be horribly dull compared to that of GTA4, but that is all my opinion and can differ.

I find it completely mind-boggling though, that a person can claim GTA4 is dull and nothing new, and then say San ANdreas is the all time best... I just cannot wrap my head around that, honestly because thats how I feel about SAN ANDREAS! I played it a lot, it was fun of course, but it was like an expansion pack to GTA3 more than a "all new game" like GTA4 was. You must be a true diehard RPG fan to say that, I'm guessing?

Hell yeah, I totally agree.

You didn't play GTA 4 then, took lack of fun and linear storyline (up to the last mission, where there was two choices) to a whole new level of crap

YOU didn't play GTA4, obviously... there were many parts in the game where you could kill someone, or let them live... more than just twice. Plus, how can you call gta4 linear?! ROFL, so far from true. You could pick up calls for missions, ignore them, call people back whenever you wanted, picked who you wanted to do missions with, kill people or decide to save them, I could go on and on and on about how wrong you are.

Will be tons better than 4, considering they are using a large chunk of time updating the shit out of the engines rendering capabilities in gta4

PROTIP : You don't just pull wicked rendering skills out of your ass

San Andreas was one of the best games I've ever played. GTAIV however was a complete letdown.

The best part about SA were the surprises. I remember playing it with friends the first time and running up to nearly everything thinking "There's no way I can do that" and sure enough....you could. After playing all of the other GTA series a true fan can't tell me that they didn't nearly leap off the sofa the first time they walked up to the Apache and realized that you could fly it and lay waste to the city. The beauty of that game is that there were so many stupid and trivial things to do that when you didn't feel like completing the missions you could tool around the massive map for hours. That open element was completely stripped from GTAIV and killed the replay-ability of that game. The beauty of SA was in the details and the massive openness of the map.

SA is the average looking girl next door that you can hang with for a week and never get tired of.
GTAIV is the beautiful cover model that makes you want to stab yourself with a fork after 10 minutes with her.

An announcement that they'll be making an announcement/trailer... hurray!

So this will come exclusively to what? X360 or PS3? Then if you pre-order you'll get a free (insert immigrant here) in game ball cap and jacket, plus the special Annihilator helicopter! Then almost a year later a PC port comes out, which doesn't take advantage of the PC controls and makes it act like you're playing with a controller still.

I would like to take this time to point out that GTA4 SET THE GOLD STANDARD FOR DLC. I havent found DLC YET that matches the quality and breadth of Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned.

I would like to take this time to point out that GTA4 SET THE GOLD STANDARD FOR DLC. I havent found DLC YET that matches the quality and breadth of Ballad of Gay Tony and The Lost and Damned.

That's true, the DLC was pretty good.

The original gta3 was one of the best. I never liked the Vice City or San Andreas backdrop. Gta4 was alright but it didn't really do anything new. Need more things to do in the game. Have a world based on our world or something. Based on google maps.

Back