Quit crying like nerdy babies....

thomasward00

Limp Gawd
BD is the first of a new architecture, they don't have the resources that Intel has point blank and if one expects them to, just buy Intel.

I'm a Geek like everyone here BUT, some folks need to get away from the keyboard, go outside and most certainly seek the company of the opposite sex.

Guys processor speed means much less in todays world, my Phenom 1 with 8 Gigs of ram still does pretty darned well, a BD 8 core will blow it away....

I'd pay the same price even if BD was 1/2 the speed of Intel, If you want Sandy Bridge.. Go for it...

Just please stop the whiining.

The reason people are so annoyed by BD is due to how it is slower clock for clock even compared to Phenom II. Even clocked higher then Phenom II in many areas it has a hard time passing by (1100T) and gaming performance has actually gotten worse depending on game and CPU (4100 or 6100). I suggest if you do not want to read all this take your own advice.

design goals were let down by the manufacturing process.

I agree that people are being silly about it. AMD never really hyped it up, even though I read that over and over. Hell most people bitch that AMD needs to advertized like intel, and then a week later are saying the AMD hype machine is what ruined bulldozer(huh?)

It's a shame people get emotional about stupid stuff like this.

BD is the first of a new architecture, they don't have the resources that Intel has point blank and if one expects them to, just buy Intel.

I'm a Geek like everyone here BUT, some folks need to get away from the keyboard, go outside and most certainly seek the company of the opposite sex.

Guys processor speed means much less in todays world, my Phenom 1 with 8 Gigs of ram still does pretty darned well, a BD 8 core will blow it away....

I'd pay the same price even if BD was 1/2 the speed of Intel, If you want Sandy Bridge.. Go for it...

I was with you until you said you would pay the same price even if it was half the speed of intel. In all fairness i dont mind the performance against intel, but i do mind the price against intel or even price against older design if its not faster. I am all about bang for the buck, AMD has generally been faster then intels product priced at the same spot ($100-150) spot

Last edited:

pot meet kettle.

I dont own BD nor have i even done much research on it, but you just made a thread crying about people crying. That makes you worse. /thread

He was simply saying quit the bitching i agree BD fell on its face no sense crying go get some girls

All I see from you is whining.

What I see in this forum is understandable disbelief and frustration over Bulldozer's unmitigated failure, and what that means for the future of computing progress.

Hey Jackass, stfu. My friend just dropped over a grand for his BD setup and not only does his performance SUCK but some of his games are crashing. How dare you try and tell us what performance we should be happy with.

I've bee there trying to help him and it's just be a horrible experience.

You want to suck AMD $#%K go ahead and knock yourself out.

AMD did themselves in and honestly I hope it costs them billions of dollars in lost sales. At some point, hopefully they will get their head out of their asses and give us screaming performance and stop giving us bs excuses and empty promises. I'm so sick of having to wait 2 or 3 years, then being let down, then, having to wait another 2 or 3 years, then, being let down yet again. Sick of it. I could care less about tomorrows architecture ... today, in a chip.

Here's a clue. How bout, give me performance TODAY and in a few years, give me all this talk of future architecture in today's CPU some other time.

A thread whining about whining threads.

Ok.

omg i hate threads that whine about whiners. i also hate people who post whining comments in whiny threads about whiners. WILL IT EVER STOP?

Never go full derp-tard.

Too late.

:D:D

Hey Jackass, stfu. My friend just dropped over a grand for his BD setup and not only does his performance SUCK but some of his games are crashing. How dare you try and tell us what performance we should be happy with.

I've bee there trying to help him and it's just be a horrible experience.

You want to suck AMD $#%K go ahead and knock yourself out.

AMD did themselves in and honestly I hope it costs them billions of dollars in lost sales. At some point, hopefully they will get their head out of their asses and give us screaming performance and stop giving us bs excuses and empty promises. I'm so sick of having to wait 2 or 3 years, then being let down, then, having to wait another 2 or 3 years, then, being let down yet again. Sick of it. I could care less about tomorrows architecture ... today, in a chip.

Here's a clue. How bout, give me performance TODAY and in a few years, give me all this talk of future architecture in today's CPU some other time.

i think you have too many feelings to be a guy. why doesnt he just return his mobo and cpu asap and go intel? if you waited 2 or 3 years for this, then thats your own damn fault. they had no idea what they were gonna have 2 years ago. if they did they would have released it 2 years ago. most you should wait for a cpu release is about 3 months.

funniest thread in a while...reminds me of zero hedge in a strange way

1. BD is the first of a new architecture, they don't have the resources that Intel has point blank and if one expects them to, just buy Intel.

2. Guys processor speed means much less in todays world, my Phenom 1 with 8 Gigs of ram still does pretty darned well, a BD 8 core will blow it away....

3. I'd pay the same price even if BD was 1/2 the speed of Intel, If you want Sandy Bridge.. Go for it...

4. Just please stop the whiining.

1. They likely had way more resources to develop BD with than they did the Athlon, and the Athlon was a pure win and stayed at the top of the heap for quite some time.

2. Processor speed alone hasn't meant much for the past decade+, much less in today's world. My X2 6400+ still does kinda sorta OK-ish for anything and everything I do that's CPU heavy (newer games, really). A BD would eat my proc for breakfast and shit it out just before lunch time.

3. AMD is happy that you would. Bravo. For the majority of the rest of us that want to to uprage and would need a complete overhaul, BD doesn't make much sense. Given it's price point, power draw+heat output, and being buggy as fuck right now, the logic needle should lean towards the intel camp. I'm hoping that AMD releases it's B3 stepping very, very soon and with it comes better performance, less power requirements, and more stability (last one in conjunction with more stable BIOS revisions from MoBo makers).

4. I agree, the whining needs to stop. BD is a pretty worthy processor when just focusing on performance. For everyone that laid out the cash for AM3+ boards in anticipation for BD and is upset, I have no sympathy. Your own damn fault for jumping the gun before it was even released so that a proper assesment and comparison could be completed.

Yeah, I'm gonna be honest...I don't see what's wrong with Bulldozer. AMD releases a neat architecture with a lot of potential, but it falls flat in today's workloads. Sounds like the Pentium 4, which went on to be completely awesome with Northwood.

Yeah, I'm gonna be honest...I don't see what's wrong with Bulldozer. AMD releases a neat architecture with a lot of potential, but it falls flat in today's workloads. Sounds like the Pentium 4, which went on to be completely awesome with Northwood.

notsureifseriousrnr.jpg

Can we please institute some sort of test to sign up for a forum account? Basic arithmetic will suffice.

Soooo...people have a right to whine about it, people have a right to love it, people have a right to whine about whining, people have a right to whine about people whining about whining...oh wait, never mind this thread is pointless.

Some people are whining about the OPs purpose in creating this thread, which is to whine about whining.

I for one believe that the world would be a better place if we could whine about whining without fear of being whined about.

Please do not view this post as a form of whining.

amen OP, amen. Although I stick to intel, I would love to hear everyone stop crying about BD, it still performs pretty well. But yes, if people have such a problem, go pick up a sandybridge.

Some people are whining about the OPs purpose in creating this thread, which is to whine about whining.

I for one believe that the world would be a better place if we could whine about whining without fear of being whined about.

Please do not view this post as a form of whining.

It does sound kind of "whiny" :p

design goals were let down by the manufacturing process.

Higher clocks would've helped but the design or its implementation was lacking. Even with higher clock speeds than its predessor, it often fails to beat it. The only reason it beats the 1100T at anything is because they threw more cores at it. When the per-core performance goes down even farther than what they had before (and it wasn't good to begin with), it's a step backwards, despite AMD calling it a 'forward-looking' architecture.

Higher clocks would've helped but the design or its implementation was lacking. Even with higher clock speeds than its predessor, it often fails to beat it. The only reason it beats the 1100T at anything is because they threw more cores at it. When the per-core performance goes down even farther than what they had before (and it wasn't good to begin with), it's a step backwards, despite AMD calling it a 'forward-looking' architecture.

Yes, they (AMD) will have to soundly defeat their old Phenom II single threaded architecture IPCPC IMO before anyone will give a damn about 8 Core BD Desktop CPU's.

Even then they need to get power consumption levels down.

it can't even bulldoze the sandy bridge

/palmface

great thread A++ 5/5 ; would post again

Back