Harry Potter Complete 8-Film Movie Collection set [2011]: Bluray=$47 shipped, DVD=$39

Greene420

Gawd
If you like or know anyone who likes Harry Potter, this is pretty hot....

Ok, so if you buy this through the USA stores, its $75+ for the normal Harry Potter 1-7 series collection.

But in the UK stores, they have it for OVER 50% CHEAPER than our stores, and its for the FULL 1-8 (not 7 like the US versions for sale) entire Harry Potter movie series.

So not only is it A LOT cheaper, but you get all 8 Harry Potter movies :D And its the official, unlocked Bluray version (a.k.a Region Free) so these sets work in ANY country Bluray player :cool:

Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [Blu-ray] [2011][Region Free]
on sale for ~$47.83 shipped!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...mp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B00543RC0Y

Items: £26.92
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total before VAT: £30.00
VAT: £0.00
Order Total: £30.00 ( ~$47.83 shipped :) )

And if you like the cheaper DVD version instead of bluray....

Harry Potter - The Complete 8-Film Collection [DVD] [2011]
on sale for ~$38.78 shipped from the UK

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...mp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B00543R3WG

Items: £21.25
Postage & Packing: £3.08
Total before VAT: £24.33
VAT: £0.00
Order Total: £24.33 (~$38.78 shipped :) )

Oh, and the final US price gets discounted when you get checked out near the end. Looks like there is no US currency exchange fees either! Score! :D

edit: The BLU-RAY set is unlocked/region-free for international use :D

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Dammmmmmn, <$10 more US for the Blu-Ray set? Shocking! Might have to jump on this, I don't have any of the movies on DVD or Blu-Ray, been waiting for the entire set to come out (and at a good price).

Geez, same thing on amazon.com is $97 for the Bluray.

Seems a bit too good of a deal.

Just so everyone knows since this is the UK release, the first movie is called the Philosopher's Stone, not Sorcerer's stone. Apparently this was the original title of the first book and it was changed when it was published in America. Philosopher didn't have the association with magic like the publishers wanted, also other words that were unfamiliar with Americans were changed like "car parks" to parking lots and "lifts" to elevators. Just FYI. Apparently there were two different sets of lines when the referring to the stone used for the movies when filming. Not something I knew until I read up on it after ordering this. Not a deal breaker for most by any means I would assume, but thought you should know.

So the UK release even has slightly different lines? Heck, that's a bonus for me. :)

It's a British film with British actors filmed in Britain, might as well keep the dialog British.
I put in my order a few weeks ago when it was posted over at Slickdeals.

Good lookin' out Greene420, I'm in for one @ $47.xx shipped!

heheh Greene420... I see what you did there.

Looks like £32.30 now. Still debating this over $100+ tax in the states.

Just so everyone knows since this is the UK release, the first movie is called the Philosopher's Stone, not Sorcerer's stone. Apparently this was the original title of the first book and it was changed when it was published in America. Philosopher didn't have the association with magic like the publishers wanted, also other words that were unfamiliar with Americans were changed like "car parks" to parking lots and "lifts" to elevators. Just FYI. Apparently there were two different sets of lines when the referring to the stone used for the movies when filming. Not something I knew until I read up on it after ordering this. Not a deal breaker for most by any means I would assume, but thought you should know.

I always thought that was a pretty stupid change myself. I'd probably prefer the UK release anyway since it didn't make sense to change the terminology and have them using British accents anyway.

Wait... I knew they changed some of the wordings in the books, but the movies actually had different lines as well? I was totally not aware of that!

Because the film's American title was different, all scenes that mention the philosopher's stone had to be reshot and/or dubbed, once with the actors saying "philosopher's" and once with "sorcerer's".

From a source on wikipedia.

Damn, I wish I had a bit more cash...$47 shipped is a great deal.

But in the UK stores, they have it for OVER 50% CHEAPER than our stores, and its for the FULL 1-8 (not 7 like the US versions for sale) entire Harry Potter movie series.

Not sure what you mean. The US one has both Part 1 and Part 2 of the last movie. Just because the UK one calls it 8 separate movies doesn't mean you don't get them all with the US one.

Yeah. UK description says "The Complete 8-Film Collection", the US description says "The Complete Collection Years 1-7". Year 7 was split into 2 movies. So both are 8 movie collections.

Looks like £32.30 now. Still debating this over $100+ tax in the states.

It's actually cheaper once you add it to your cart and see the total on the final order page.

The price goes down to £26.92 for sure, so I believe you are mistaken on that. It discounts it on the LAST page, right above where you hit "confirm order"

Yeah. UK description says "The Complete 8-Film Collection", the US description says "The Complete Collection Years 1-7". Year 7 was split into 2 movies. So both are 8 movie collections.

The box for the US set says 8 films on it so the only difference is how Amazon US and UK titles them.

can amazon deal be too good to be true? like never shipped?

Unlikely. I have ordered some blu sets from amazon uk before, no import taxes and they charge your cc in usd for you.

Thanks op, gonna grab it I think...

I put in my preorder a few weeks ago.. I waited to pay attention to anything Harry Potter until now.. So I'll get the movies and the books, and see what all the hullabaloo has been all about. :D

I put in my preorder a few weeks ago.. I waited to pay attention to anything Harry Potter until now.. So I'll get the movies and the books, and see what all the hullabaloo has been all about. :D

ROFL! Yeah, same here :D

I snagged one of these for my niece's holiday gift because she always talks about Harry Potter. :) Then I figured, well I could just snag one too, watch it myself to see what its so hyped about, and then sell it back to amazon.com when they have their tradeins (like the one here, which will net [statistically] the same amount OR MORE I paid for it from amazon.co.uk today, if my numbers are right :cool: Free entertainment, pretty much )

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Box is of different region so trade-in prices may vary by region.

Now that it's been announced all Harry Potter movies will be pulled from circulation December 29th, I doubly jumped on this (I got the Ultimate Limited Edition Super Duper version as well as this, maybe make a present out of the standard set).

Now that it's been announced all Harry Potter movies will be pulled from circulation December 29th, I doubly jumped on this (I got the Ultimate Limited Edition Super Duper version as well as this, maybe make a present out of the standard set).

Wait, really???

Wow... yeah, I just jumped on it, I was on the fence but for 30 british pounds ($47-48ish shipped) it's a no-questions good deal, doubly so since they won't be available for awhile after Dec 28th :eek: . I haven't seen any of the HP movies at all... part of #1 I think but that was several years ago :p.

EDIT: The blu-ray, of course.

Last edited:
FWIW the HD-DVD version we have of HP1 is the Philosophers Stone, not the Sorcerers Stone. Was part of the HD-DVD box set, movies 1-4 or 1-5.

Went ahead and pre-ordered the BR set from Amazon UK. Figured I can always cancel between now and December 1st if the price comes down "locally", etc.

The one thing I'm a little worried about is any potential charge the bank might tack on for out of country order, currency conversions, etc. If THAT comes up, then I'm dropping the order like a hot potato!

Back