NVIDIA GeForce 285.62 WHQL Drivers

HardOCP News

[H] News
NVIDIA has just released brand new GeForce 285.62 WHQL drivers. Grab them if you need them.

The new GeForce 285.62 WHQL drivers are now available to download. Recommended for Battlefield 3, Batman: Arkham City and Rage, these drivers bundle together all the enhancements and updates contained within the 285.27 and 285.38 beta releases, in addition to new SLI and 3D Vision profiles for many of today’s most popular games. Users of the R285 beta drivers will be pleased to hear that we’ve fixed the reported driver timeouts, and World of WarCraft users will be especially pleased to hear that flickering experienced upon death on a SLI system has been rectified.

BF3 and Arkham City, two games I'll be playing very soon.

Wondering if they'll have a Beta driver for Skyrim when it comes out.

and World of WarCraft users will be especially pleased to hear that flickering experienced upon death on a SLI system has been rectified.

Hooray! That's been bugging the heck out of me.

Nice, it's been a while. Pretty funny that when I had an ATI card they mysteriously stopped following their monthly driver release schedule.
The instant I switched back to Nvidia, they started going really long periods of time without updates, too.
Batman and Skyrim are the next two big PC releases for me. Hopefully they'll run well "out of the box."

Hey guys,

How do you go around installing Nvidia driver updates? Just install them over the top of the old one? Uninstall in control panel, reboot, and install? Or do you use some driver cleaner software?

When I uninstall the drivers, and reboot, windows installs some semi outdated windows update driver it has downloaded before I get a chance to install the newest one I downloaded from their website. Do I just install over that?

Whats the best practice here?

Thanks

Hey guys,

How do you go around installing Nvidia driver updates? Just install them over the top of the old one? Uninstall in control panel, reboot, and install? Or do you use some driver cleaner software?

When I uninstall the drivers, and reboot, windows installs some semi outdated windows update driver it has downloaded before I get a chance to install the newest one I downloaded from their website. Do I just install over that?

Thanks

Just install on top of the old one. You don't need to go through the long lengthy process of cleaning old drivers out. The installers are better at that.

Only time you need to do a driver clean, is if you're having issues.

Hey guys,

Thanks
I always just install over the old drivers. If you uninstall them then you lose settings and such. I have multiple HDMI/DVI connections to one GPU and it takes time to keep setting it back up, so installing over the old ones works fine and saves the hassle of setting them back up. It never fails me so I don't imagine an simpler configuration would have issues.

Really, it's been years since you've had to mess with removing drivers and such before installing new ones. Windows just works now.

With my 5870 I had all sorts of issues with installing new drivers on top of old ones, but with Nvidia's drivers it's much wiser to install 'em on top of older ones. It'll keep all of your settings and I've never had any problems with old driver remnants hanging around.
My only issue is having to select my PhysX card and re-config my HDMI audio speaker setup each time, but that's pretty minor and might even be intentional.

The sole reason I have an Nvidia card is due to their software support/drivers. I can't trust AMD for anything after this whole Bulldozer debacle.

The sole reason I have an Nvidia card is due to their software support/drivers. I can't trust AMD for anything after this whole Bulldozer debacle.

Pretty sure the teams that do CPUs and GPUs are completely separate...

Interesting. The 'automatic' driver detection said I was current. Doing a manual search shows the new driver. Will be updating as soon as my build finishes up.

and World of WarCraft users will be especially pleased to hear that flickering experienced upon death on a SLI system has been rectified..[/QUOTE said:
I can finally sleep at night knowing this has been fixed...:confused:

Just fucking bring on Battlefield 3 finally for shits sake...

Pretty sure the teams that do CPUs and GPUs are completely separate...

But...the future is Fusion!!

Seriously though, I just want to know were my damn Verde drivers are.....

I haven't installed that last few driver packages because I kept getting "nvidia installer failed." I figured I'd give these a try because I want to get the new Batman game. Despite repeated efforts, I still get that error. Any help would be appreciated.

The splash screen is not working for me in BF3 when using fullscreen, I had this issue with several driver releases and BC2.

I am going to revert to the previous betas and see what that does.

Because Bulldozer is real relevant to their GPU software team, amirite? :rolleyes:

Anyone notice this?

For Battlefield 3 we’ve improved performance by up to 11% since the release of the GeForce 285.38 beta drivers, have included several compatibility enhancements, a new and improved SLI profile, and a 3D Vision profile.

But for GeForce GTX 580!

And single-GPU users will receive improvements of up to:

6% in Battlefield 3,
5% in Call Of Duty: Black Ops,
And 5% in StarCraft II.

However, GeForce GTX 560!

And single-GPU users will receive performance improvements of up to:

11% in Battlefield 3
7% in StarCraft II,
6% in Call Of Duty: Black Ops,
And 4% in Bulletstorm.

Seeing some odd artifacts (floor textures extending farther than they should) in TF2 - the manor map. Not that TF2 has been the bastion of stability lately.

Well it seems these drivers crash on desktop too. Nice work Nvidia 2 drivers and the problem still isn't fixed.

Nvidia is fuckin amazing. Can't play the fuckin game without updating the latest drivers and the down bandwidth from nvidia is only 40kb/s. YEAH.

Nvidia is fuckin amazing. Can't play the fuckin game without updating the latest drivers and the down bandwidth from nvidia is only 40kb/s. YEAH.

Your side? I always get at least 1.5mb/s through Nvidia.

Drivers work perfectly for me. I had weird texture lines flying in and out when my GPU OC was unstable.

I haven't installed that last few driver packages because I kept getting "nvidia installer failed." I figured I'd give these a try because I want to get the new Batman game. Despite repeated efforts, I still get that error. Any help would be appreciated.

I suspect a corrupt cache for the installer. Delete the installer cache from Program Files\NVIDIA Corporation\Installer2 and see if that fixes your problem. You can probably delete just the Installer.* folders first.

With my 5870 I had all sorts of issues with installing new drivers on top of old ones, but with Nvidia's drivers it's much wiser to install 'em on top of older ones. It'll keep all of your settings and I've never had any problems with old driver remnants hanging around.
My only issue is having to select my PhysX card and re-config my HDMI audio speaker setup each time, but that's pretty minor and might even be intentional.

with ATI/AMD it depends on if you are using the beta drivers which will sometimes have files with newer dates on them since they were released after the WHQL drivers were sent to microsoft. its not as big of a deal with Nvidia since the beta drivers are the drivers sent to microsoft for WHQL certification. so they are typically the same drivers unless nvidia had to revise something for microsoft to approve them.

I'm getting some odd texture flickering in BF3 with these drivers. Seems very random though and doesn't happen too often, otherwise it runs great!

These drivers jacked my media center up, live tv and recordings wouldn't play correctly, rolling back the driver fixed it.

I'm getting some odd texture flickering in BF3 with these drivers. Seems very random though and doesn't happen too often, otherwise it runs great!

I saw a bit of that too, some brief green flickering on the ground. My first thought was my VRAM was dying, glad to hear others have this too! :p

Ya, these drivers may be better for FPS in battlefield but movie maker renders a black video preview. Back to beta for me.

Back