Financial Woes May Close WikiLeaks

HardOCP News

[H] News
Financial woes may close WikiLeaks? Assange is blaming the "blockade" for its money woes but when is the last time those guys did anything to make money? Hell, when is the last time they did anything?

"If WikiLeaks does not find a way to remove this blockade we will simply not be able to continue by the turn of the new year," he said. "If we don't knock down the blockade we simply will not be able to continue." WikiLeaks said in a statement Monday that it would stop publishing for the moment in order to focus on making money.

Actually since WikiLeaks is doing shit I want I'm pretty fucking pissed off that my financial institutions have effectively stole my money from me giving it to them. I know that's an awkward sentence but the reality is they have actually stole my money as I didn't get it back.

Fucking bastards.

Oh, and WikiLeaks has been doing things throughout the year, thanks for asking.

Hell, when is the last time they did anything?

Missed Arab Spring? That was at least partially a result of Wikileaks release of cables which revealed to the Arab people of several nations just how deeply their autocratic dictators were in bed with the US.

Missed the announced final withdrawal of US troops from Iraq? Wonder how that came about? It was the result of Iraq refusing to grant immunity to US soldiers which would have been a requirement of extending the SOF agreement. And the refusal to grant immunity was a direct result of Wikileaks revealing...well...go read.

News and multiple world events have been driven by revelations from Wikileaks for over a year. Just because you're not aware does not mean that nothing has or is happening.

Missed Arab Spring?

You mean when the Muslim Brotherhood instigated uprisings so they can push forward with their goals of establishing Shariah Law everywhere in the Middle East, and try to rebuild the Caliphate that existed during the Ottoman Empire? Yeah, what a wonderful improvement in the world situation that's going to be. Thanks a bunch Wikileaks!

Do you know how many times a foreign country has tried to control the middle east, or more specifically Iraq?

Each and every time has ended with the foreign country just leaving the warring tribes to it, because it's bloody hopeless, this time will be no different.

You mean when the Muslim Brotherhood instigated uprisings so they can push forward with their goals of establishing Shariah Law everywhere in the Middle East, and try to rebuild the Caliphate that existed during the Ottoman Empire? Yeah, what a wonderful improvement in the world situation that's going to be. Thanks a bunch Wikileaks!

dude gtfo outta here with that nonsense.

dude gtfo outta here with that nonsense.

just great, i fell for the troll-bait....

Not troll bait, but some actual information from those of us that actually do research and understand the stated goals of hardline Islamists. Still think I'm just trolling? Read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ical-than-expected-plans-for-Islamic-law.html

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a Caliphate under Shariah is the stated goal of the Brotherhood, among other things. It's in their own documents and has been since their inception. Ayman al-Zawahiri, the current leader of Al Qaida, began in the Muslim Brotherhood and spent quite a bit of time in an Egyptian jail prior to becoming Al Qaida's #2 guy under Bin Laden. That was after Anwar Sadat's assassination, when he was involved with Egyptian Islamic Jihad.

Here's another little gem for you:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=358141

So if, as The Ox has said, Wikileaks has had a direct role in causing the Arab Spring, then Wikileaks is partially to blame for this and what could happen next. The Arab Spring might sound like democracy in action to the ignorant, thanks to the completely ignorant and patently stupid in the news media, but those of us who know what has been going on behind the scenes and are familiar with the organizations and kind of people that opportunistically use uprisings and anti-government sentiment for their own insidious plans know the real underlying danger of where it could go. So excuse me for expressing legitimate concern and being skeptical of all that flowery reporting when it comes to how wonderful the Arab Spring is supposed to be.

So I must say once again, thanks a lot Wikileaks, and all its supporters, for making the world such a safer place.

That's what happens when you mess with the man, first thing he does is cut off your cheddarz.

Not troll bait, but some actual information from those of us that actually do research and understand the stated goals of hardline Islamists. Still think I'm just trolling?

You're right, so instead we should continue to pay billions of dollars to harsh dictators to brutalize their populations and suppress their human right of self-determination. I mean, what could possibly go wrong, they won't resent us for it or anything! :rolleyes:

Honestly, it would be cheaper to drop plasma TVs and Xbox360s out of bombers instead of million dollar bombs, then they would be too busy jerking off online and playing GTAV to do anything else. Seriously, raise their standard of living and blowing yourself up doesn't seem so appealing anymore. ("For Allah! You can do it!" "B-b-b-but BF3 is coming out tomorrow!!") :D

....but the reality is they have actually stole my money as I didn't get it back.

Are you saying you sent money and the bank kept it (instead of refusing the payment)? You need to contact an attorney.

News and multiple world events have been driven by revelations from Wikileaks for over a year. Just because you're not aware does not mean that nothing has or is happening.

Yeah, that's it...we are unaware of the news. I'm not even sure why I'm responding to this troll post but...:rolleyes:

Who set the date for troop withdrawal? You might want to check your facts on that one too. I'll give you a hint, it wasn't Assange or our current president.

It is well documented that Wikileaks has been unable to accept tips / leaks and hasn't put out any in forever. The last year has been all about defending Assange (who lives for free in a millionaire's mansion), paying his legal bills and begging for money. Then the asshat BRAGS last week about Wikileaks living off cash reserves for the last 11 months. Which one is it?

There have been 3 videos in the last 60 days with Assange crying about house arrest and it crippling their ability to make money and each video ends with them asking for more money. What about the t-shirts and shit they were selling a month ago? Obviously those didn't sell well either. What about all that Wikileak's memorabilia that was auctioned off? Why did that flop? Where are all the supporters buying that stuff?

Not troll bait, but some actual information from those of us that actually do research and understand the stated goals of hardline Islamists. Still think I'm just trolling? Read this:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...ical-than-expected-plans-for-Islamic-law.html

Sorry to burst your bubble, but a Caliphate under Shariah is the stated goal of the Brotherhood, among other things. It's in their own documents and has been since their inception. Ayman al-Zawahiri, the current leader of Al Qaida, began in the Muslim Brotherhood and spent quite a bit of time in an Egyptian jail prior to becoming Al Qaida's #2 guy under Bin Laden. That was after Anwar Sadat's assassination, when he was involved with Egyptian Islamic Jihad.

Here's another little gem for you:

http://www.wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=358141

So if, as The Ox has said, Wikileaks has had a direct role in causing the Arab Spring, then Wikileaks is partially to blame for this and what could happen next. The Arab Spring might sound like democracy in action to the ignorant, thanks to the completely ignorant and patently stupid in the news media, but those of us who know what has been going on behind the scenes and are familiar with the organizations and kind of people that opportunistically use uprisings and anti-government sentiment for their own insidious plans know the real underlying danger of where it could go. So excuse me for expressing legitimate concern and being skeptical of all that flowery reporting when it comes to how wonderful the Arab Spring is supposed to be.

So I must say once again, thanks a lot Wikileaks, and all its supporters, for making the world such a safer place.

what you posted has NOTHING to do with your original claim which was that the Brotherhood instigated the riots. You linked to an article that had nothing to do with that claim. Instead you pushed your own agenda.

and because you linked that article, i'm assuming you read it? Here's what I see:

About shariah law:
But that formulation can be interpreted in many ways - it was also the basis of Egypt's largely secular constitution under President Hosni Mubarak, and remains so after his fall.

here's shariah law in action folks:
one law from Col. Gaddafi's era that he said was in conflict with Sharia - that banning polygamy.

Polygamy, what a dangerous law.

he announced that in future bank regulations would ban the charging of interest, in line with Sharia. "Interest creates disease and hatred among people," he said.

how noble (yet unattainable), so the bankers can't leach off everyone else.

and finally:
banning the sale of alcohol.

Ah hah! now we are getting somewhere.

Honestly, it would be cheaper to drop plasma TVs and Xbox360s out of bombers instead of million dollar bombs, then they would be too busy jerking off online and playing GTAV to do anything else. Seriously, raise their standard of living and blowing yourself up doesn't seem so appealing anymore. ("For Allah! You can do it!" "B-b-b-but BF3 is coming out tomorrow!!") :D

The sad thing is it really WOULD be easier and cheaper to build them the infrastructure to support it, and then just give them all Xbox 360s and TVs (even the $299 ones with a bigger HD) than to go to war for 8+ years. That'll never fly though because there are people out there who would approve of a war that costs trillions, but totally disapprove of any plan that would spend millions in what they'd call 'welfare' or 'a handout'.

The sad thing is it really WOULD be easier and cheaper to build them the infrastructure to support it, and then just give them all Xbox 360s and TVs (even the $299 ones with a bigger HD) than to go to war for 8+ years. That'll never fly though because there are people out there who would approve of a war that costs trillions, but totally disapprove of any plan that would spend millions in what they'd call 'welfare' or 'a handout'.

But there's more people who don't want to spend trillions on wars or billions on handouts either. Since the government does what the hell it wants, it doesn't really matter what anyone thinks.

MasterCard and Visa still process payments for fringe groups such as the American KKK or the far-right British National Party
This is the saddest part. Violent racist agendas are fine, truth is not.

So glad most of you guys don't involve yourselves into foreign policy affairs, because it's embarassing how little you all know. Stick to tech arguments or at least something you're familiar with, this shit going on in the Middle East and with Assange is way more complicated than you think...

So glad most of you guys don't involve yourselves into foreign policy affairs, because it's embarassing how little you all know. Stick to tech arguments or at least something you're familiar with, this shit going on in the Middle East and with Assange is way more complicated than you think...

Please, bestow your wisdom upon us oh Enlightened One. ;) Us proles have to talk about it to stay informed, perhaps maybe we'll learn something squawking back and forth at one another.

Assange is blaming the "blockade" for its money woes but when is the last time those guys did anything to make money? Hell, when is the last time they did anything?

What are they supposed to do, go wash some cars?

Bottom line is that Wikileaks was bad for the US. From that perspective I'll be glad when it's gone.
Everyone who deals in secrets, and even many of those who do not, know that some things are meant to stay secret and nothing good can come from making the info public.

Bottom line is that Wikileaks was bad for the US. From that perspective I'll be glad when it's gone.
Everyone who deals in secrets, and even many of those who do not, know that some things are meant to stay secret and nothing good can come from making the info public.

I don't know, I think that maybe it helped show that we keep TOO much secret. I've read multiple times, even before Wikileaks occurred, that the government marks the most ridiculous BS as Top Secret, etc.

An informed populace is essential to a democracy; while I agree that secrecy is necessary, it should be kept to an absolute minimum and we should always be introspective about what truly needs to be secret and what doesn't.

please, tell us how complicated it is. Bring your insiders and CIA and DHS and FBI friends and write a book about how complicated it is.

In the meantime, us normal folk will listen to the news, read scholarly articles and journals from respected/credible journalists, and use our magic thinking caps to come to our own conclusions.

"Knowledge is preferable to ignorance. Better by far to embrace the hard truth than a reassuring fable."
- Carl Sagan

"As the Americans learned so painfully in Earth's final century, free flow of information is the only safeguard against tyranny. The once-chained people whose leaders at last lose their grip on information flow will soon burst with freedom and vitality, but the free nation gradually constricting its grip on public discourse has begun its rapid slide into despotism. Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master"
- Commissioner Pravin Lal, Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri

Noooooooo

I am still waiting for the sexy wikilinks to be posted......Most of them are about war, not sexy things.

what you posted has NOTHING to do with your original claim which was that the Brotherhood instigated the riots. You linked to an article that had nothing to do with that claim. Instead you pushed your own agenda.

The second link I posted has everything to do with the Brotherhood involving itself in protests in Orlando and using the same tactics as in the Arab Spring. If you bothered to read the article and read the posted mission statement on Occupy Orlando's Facebook page you'd know this. If you can't connect the dots... well, that's not my problem. The first link was showing the results of the newfound "freedom" in Libya and where it's headed, which is relevant as it's a part of the whole that's going on in the region. As for Shariah law, look to Iran and the Taliban for a picture of what Shariah law is like after it's been in effect for a while.

Regarding the Brotherhood's involvement in instigating the Arab Spring, I'm not going to do all your work for you. What you're waiting for me to do is post a lot of information so that you can do absolutely nothing with it except perhaps to attack and dismiss whatever sources I link because it's either too left-leaning, too right-leaning, too religious, too secular, or whatever excuse you want to throw out there to dodge discussion of the issue in favor of putting me on the defensive. I'm not going to waste time in that manner if you have no interest in actually learning anything. Go educate yourself beyond what the news media has reported if you want, or don't and keep on living how you want to live. Either way don't try to argue with me. I know all the games, I won't back down, and you'll just waste your own time because I'm not here to argue and I have zero interest in bickering. Either listen to me and learn something, or don't. I'm too old and crabby at this point for juvenile debate games.

As for me having an "agenda", the only agenda I have is to provide a few facts that people don't normally get so they can make decisions with a larger picture of what's really going on. What they do with it is up to them.

Back