Hacker Creates New Way to Communicate Road Rage

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
I have thought of this often as have many others, but an enterprising inventor named Gagandeep Singh, actually put together an LED matrix display that conveys his road rage in messages across his rear window. To complement the road rage sentiments, I’m sure he’s going to need a faster car. :D

His conveyances are far more graceful and polite than mine would have been.

I've always wanted some message board on my back glass.

it would say "what's the hurry?"

only thing that pisses me off is when people ride my ass on the highway.

You get within 10 feet of my car, I am going to tap my breaks and scare the shit out of you. I'll pull over and stop if you do it again.

I thought of this idea like 5 years ago, and they've been selling it for a good 2 years now. I linked it somewhere around, maybe I can find the place that sells them. It even had programmed stuff, so you could just hit a button for each message saved. :D

When I looked into making it though, turns out its illegal in MANY PLACES. It "causes driver distractions" or some bs about it :-/

I don't think I'd put it on the window, I mean granted it's probably easier to mount inside the car and then there's no weather or theft issues, but I can see a problem with law enforcement thinking it blocks your view, or even is considered a distraction to drivers.

That said, Keep Distance? Bah... more like "Get off my ass!!!"

As to the turning bit... my car already has that built in, it's called a turn signal.

Can't remember but isn't that sort of thing illegal in certain places, due to the possibility of escalation?

Nice, but if he gets too creative w/ the sign, he'll get rear ended as people try to read it. :eek:

I think if I had one of those every time I got on the interstate it would read learn how to fing drive. It seems like half the people who drive don't know the rules or simply don't follow them.

I've always wanted a microcar with one of those revved up motors that sounds like some angry pirate going "arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh! arrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgh!" And then a horn that automatically belts out "Matey!" between gear shifts. Paint it scruffy, put a headlight tint on one headlight and put a parrot over the driver side window. Done.

But ya, that guy is being real friendly with those. I'm also waiting for someone to have a wreck while reading it and sue him.

i always said i wanted to install a drop down mirror in my back window for the idiots with high beams on that dont need them, or idiots who install their own lights and tilt them up to high and light the dam sky,.

oh my god, I totally forgot about the fuckers with the headlights.

DUDE, if you raised your fucking truck up and put big ass fucking tires on it, yes it does look badass, problem is I can't see it because your motherfracking headlights are now at my eye level and I am pretty sure you just burnt my corneas.

I want one of these for my front window that says "If I am riding your ass, get out of the left lane".

People need to learn that the left lane on the highway is for passing, not cruising. If you aren't passing get the hell out of it.

I want one of these for my front window that says "If I am riding your ass, get out of the left lane".

People need to learn that the left lane on the highway is for passing, not cruising. If you aren't passing get the hell out of it.

Agreed. It's actually the law. It pisses me off so much people people do 58mph in the left lane.

I believe Dean Martin, as Matt Helm, did this in 1966 in a Movie called Murderer's Row. The message scrolled across the taillights of a 1966 Thunderbird. It said something like this to the bad guys chasing him:

"If you can read this, you're too damn close"

Oh, and WTF. Sometimes I can't remember where I put my Glasses, yet I can pull some shit like this out of my head from 45 years ago.

I remember George Carlin doing a skit on drivers, where he said there's two types of drivers on the road: Idiots and Maniacs. An Idiot is anyone going slower than you, and a Maniac is anyone going faster. From my observations on traffic, I can further expand on this to note that Idiots like to drive in the left lane, and Maniacs like to drive in the center and right lanes. If there were some way to reverse this phenomenon there would be no tailgating on the highways.

i always said i wanted to install a drop down mirror in my back window for the idiots with high beams on that dont need them, or idiots who install their own lights and tilt them up to high and light the dam sky,.

Sorry, but how does one do that? I really want to get my back at those people with high beams and HID lights.

This :D

passingln.jpg

Sorry, but how does one do that? I really want to get my back at those people with high beams and HID lights.

you could do something old school and just put a mirror on a hinge with a release mechanism of some sort on it to drop it down, or get fancy with a RC motor or something to raise and lower it.

You get within 10 feet of my car, I am going to tap my breaks and scare the shit out of you. I'll pull over and stop if you do it again.
That just makes you both a-holes though.

About three years back some jerk was left lane cruising and refused to move over. Tahoe, which I could barely see around, appeared to be riding his butt when I moved over a bit to peak. Guy apparently brake checked him, Tahoe spazes out and does a double-snap overcorrecting for his wheel jerk+brake maneuver, loses it, and nearly smacks into my new-to-me car.

Cliffs Notes: Unless you are 100% positive a motorcycle or other car isn't behind the guy being a jerk riding your butt, don't brake check and if you can let them pass you.

Way too aggressive. Their are other tried and true ways to get them to back off.

1. Begin waving at them in the rear view mirror. This friendly gesture, when kept up for 1-2 minutes, will usually cause them to slow down and piss them off in the process.

2. If it's too dark or other conditions prevent number one from being effective, turn on your hazard lights. Leave them on until they slow down.

Those are the two things that have worked for me.

Way too aggressive. Their are other tried and true ways to get them to back off.

1. Begin waving at them in the rear view mirror. This friendly gesture, when kept up for 1-2 minutes, will usually cause them to slow down and piss them off in the process.

2. If it's too dark or other conditions prevent number one from being effective, turn on your hazard lights. Leave them on until they slow down.

Those are the two things that have worked for me.

Here's the number 1 tried and true method to get people to back off of you:
Push up on the little stick coming out of the left side of your steering column (this turns on your turn signal so other people know your intentions), check your mirrors, move into the right lane if it's clear and let the person pass you.

From my observations, the brake taping works for inexperienced drivers. The experienced drivers get really annoyed and come closer.

Once I apparently pissed off the guy behind me (in my defence, the bloke in front of me was cruising), the guy followed me off the highway in his fancy BMW. When we came to a stop at the stop-light, he pointed fingers and mouthed some words.

On green, I zipped off with my cheap and light Japanese 1.6L. It took him sometime (I think he was driving a 5-series 2.5L) before he caught up with me again at the next stop-light. This time, he got out of the car and had negative vibes oozing out of his pores.

Thankfully, the green light came on, and I sped off. Sometimes I don't get the road rage at all. :confused:

If you're driving slow enough for me to be tailgating you than you probably outta either speed up and move over to the slow lane. If you're annoyed that I'm tailgating you than guess what, I'm equally as annoyed that you havent gotten out of my way yet.

Here's the number 1 tried and true method to get people to back off of you:
Push up on the little stick coming out of the left side of your steering column (this turns on your turn signal so other people know your intentions), check your mirrors, move into the right lane if it's clear and let the person pass you.

Pssh I prefer it when they just get out of my way in as quickly a manner as possible and the "break check" does nothing more than attempt to create an accident which ultimately you will be responsible for unless you actually had a valid reason for breaking, which you wont.

So congrats not only will you be an asshole for not getting out of the left lane you will also be the asshole for causing an accident. To many sunday drivers out there that think the highway is for them and only them and that everyone should go at their pace and their pace only.

I remember George Carlin doing a skit on drivers, where he said there's two types of drivers on the road: Idiots and Maniacs. An Idiot is anyone going slower than you, and a Maniac is anyone going faster. From my observations on traffic, I can further expand on this to note that Idiots like to drive in the left lane, and Maniacs like to drive in the center and right lanes. If there were some way to reverse this phenomenon there would be no tailgating on the highways.

George Calin!!! man that dude was hilarious! too bad he's gone now :( he will be missed!

Pretty sure you can't have those color lights facing rearward (in CA at least)

I don't know about CA, but I thought of doing this a few years back (more for things other than road rage though) and I recall finding out that a scrolling LED display like that facing rearward in the car would be distracting to other drivers - not to mention, also illegal. Maybe things have changed since then, though I am certain that drivers don't need any more distractions these days.

Some of you need to realize that not all of us live in the shitty errr city and 2 lane highways exist.

No such thing as the fast line in my neck of the woods.

There are passing zones though, so if someone's going too slow you can pass them. Of course, that's assuming it isn't a massive farm tractor that takes up both lanes. :D

Some of you need to realize that not all of us live in the shitty errr city and 2 lane highways exist.
But when you're in friendly parts of the country like Texas, its pretty much expected that if you are on a 2-lane highway, and someone wants to pass you, you move over as far rights as you reasonably can so that they can pass you.

Some trucks often go overboard and even dip a tire quasi-offroad to let me pass. I wave back in much gratitude upon passing, and everyone feels good about themselves.

Contrast that with Taiwan, where you're more likely for people to just ram each other and then jump out with meat clevers.

I've been tailgated rather than being passed in the slow lane before, sometimes people are just plain assholes.

I've been tailgated rather than being passed in the slow lane before, sometimes people are just plain assholes.

Your right..you are one if you are sitting in the passing lane and not getting out of the way. The guy tailgating you is trying to give you a hint that you are in the wrong, a hint you obviously aren't getting.

Back